Kingdom Hearts III

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I'm guessing the Gold Disc(Master Production) was leaked. *shrug* just avoiding all videos on it for now till release.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So never played a kingdom hearts game and saw 1.5 and 2.5 for PS4. What are these games like? They seem to have a huge following and a lot of hype surrounding 3.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
If you're a fan of Disney and Square games, pick it up. The story is convoluted, but the gameplay and level design are top notch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
1.5 has the very first game (Kingdom Hearts), as well as a gameboy game and videos from a 3rd game (that tell the story).
KH 2.5 does the same thing. Kingdom Hearts 2, another game and more videos.

Owning those 2 games (1.5 & 2.5) tell the full story that is Kingdom Hearts.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Should play them in order I’m assuming. So play 1.5, watch movie, play 2.5 watch movie?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Pricing seems weird too. Physical copies are 19 new. Digital is 50 for some stupid reason.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Should play them in order I’m assuming. So play 1.5, watch movie, play 2.5 watch movie?

Yes, play the first game first, because as the KH series progresses, the gameplay becomes progressively more refined (and the story becomes progressively more convoluted.) If you play KH2 first, KH1 will feel extremely clunky.

1 is pretty much the only one with a decent story (legitimately creepy ambiance at certain turns.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Is there a good place for a full synopsis of the games so far? I’ve played 1 and part of 2 but probably a decade ago at this point. I don’t really have much of a desire to replay them. Like a text one that just explains the story rather than videos

Last edited:

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a good place for a full synopsis of the games so far? I’ve played 1 and part of 2 but probably a decade ago at this point. I don’t really have much of a desire to replay them. Like a text one that just explains the story rather than videos

Here.

And/or here.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Utnayan Utnayan -bro I feel like these games are maybe a bit of a change of pace for you, so might take a bit of getting used to, but once you do I think you'll adore them. Awesome childhood nostalgic feels.

• 1Like

Delly

Trakanon Raider
The story doesn't make a lot of sense until you've gone through it all and then looked for other people's interpretations as well. I really didn't think I would get it either until I watched Youtube breakdowns of the games and also read up different summaries.

Just finishing up my 2nd KH2 run but so far I've played/watched some of the early KH mobile game stuff (which comes before KH1), Birth By Sleep, KH1, and Chain of Memories. I also watched the 358/2 Days game before KH2, which some say to wait until after KH2 because some parts take place before and some parts take place after, but going into it knowing that was enough for me to have a basic understanding.

Here is a Youtube list, some of the videos of the mobile game have been taken down since I've last watched apparently, but all the main ones are still there -

Last edited:

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I watched this one, and although it WILL make your brain hurt, it's as good of a "quick and straightforward" summary as you'll ever get:

Whoever wrote this shit needs to be blacklisted from ever writing anything again.