Kingdom of Amalur: Re-Reckoning remaster releasing soon

spronk

FPS noob
i guess THQ Nordic bought the rights. I remember playing a few hours of the game and being bored

Description
The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world. Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.

Features
  • Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
  • The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
  • Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
  • Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
  • Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
  • Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
  • Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
  • Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
  • Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
  • Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
i guess THQ Nordic bought the rights. I remember playing a few hours of the game and being bored

Description
The hit RPG returns! From the minds of the bestselling author R.A. Salvatore, Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, comes Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning. Remastered with stunning visuals and refined gameplay Re-Reckoning delivers intense, customizable RPG combat inside a sprawling game world. Uncover the secrets of Amalur, from the vibrant city of Rathir to the vast region of Dalentarth to the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns. Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.

Features
  • Build the ideal character for the most intense combat, choosing from a countless combinations of skills, abilities, weapons and pieces of armor.
  • The revolutionary Destiny system allows you to continuously evolve your character class to your style of play.
  • Seamlessly integrate magical and melee attacks as you take on scores of enemies in grand fight sequences and finish them off with brutal Fateshift kills.
  • Extend your experience in Amalur with all DLC from the original release, from Teeth of Naros to Legend of Dead Kel and more!
  • Hundreds of hours of RPG play await! Travel from the vibrant city of Rathir, to the vast region of Dalentarth, and the grim dungeons of the Brigand Hall Caverns as you uncover the secrets of Amalur!
  • Explore deep levels of lore in a universe steeped in 10,000 years of fiction created by New York Times bestselling author R.A. Salvatore.
  • Rescue a world torn apart by a vicious war and control the keys to immortality as the first warrior ever to be resurrected from the grips of death.
  • Explore a sprawling game world hailed as having "more content than any single-player game deserves!"
  • Enjoy countless side quests rich in political intrigue, romance, sinister magic, and even whimsy - all central to the primary mission.
  • Improved graphical fidelity in Re-Reckoning.
This could turn it around for...ah nevermind

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I enjoyed this a little bit the first time around but hated how muddy the graphics seemed. Very interested in this, at the right price.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this the game that Curt Schilling was part of making? I think I played it when it first came out but it was on ps3 not Xbox exclusive.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fucker

Log Wizard
Is this the game that Curt Schilling was part of making? I think I played it when it first came out but it was on ps3 not Xbox exclusive.

he bought it from another company and slapped Amalur on the box.

• 1Truth!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i hadn't heard that he bought it from another company. i know he spent a TON of money on " building a legacy ip" but he spent so much money that even though it sold a million copies in a few weeks or so, it still couldn't keep itself afloat.

that being said, i'd prefer the game got a re-make, not a re-master. there were a lot of key elements in the game that are fun, but it gets stale pretty quickly.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If the level of adjacent zones get permanently locked at the lowest level possible simply because you wandered even remotely close to the borders, the game will still be unplayable imo.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
this was the single player game that schilling bought and reworked to fit his worlds lore, the MMO was gonna be like a sequel or whatever in the Amalur world but was never released and the stuff that leaked made it look really, really alpha level kind of stuff

the weirdest thing i remember about this game is how much time they spent trying to explain why when you died you came back instantly at some pool or some shit, like it was a massively important part of the world building and lore with a background about a well of souls and that kinda thing. unlike every other RPG game, where its just like "you are special and are rezz'd, deal with it"

spronk

FPS noob
screenshots from remaster, it was apparently remastered by Kaiko Games in Germany who also did Red Faction Guerrilla ReMarstered and Darksiders Warmastered

EZoxsFzU0AI3RFf

EZoxslUU8AAdVJL

EZoxuQ2U8AAZkbB

EZoxus5UcAAhRv2

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I tried restarting the game several times, each time as a different class / spec.

The combat is actually quite good. It is quick, animations are fast and responsive. It plays well. Warrior/heavy attacks feel heavy and rouge feels quick, mage being a combination of the two. On the highest difficulty, you need to dodge and you'll die quickly if hit.

Every NPC is voiced, and there is a ton of lore and dialogue with everyone.

However. There is "too much" lore. You quickly start skipping things.

Then there is the level mechanic (as Vorph mentioned), but even if you don't wander into new zones, if you complete a zone, you will outlevel the others. Every time, with every class combo I've played, I got very powerful, very fast. Combat becomes trivial too quick and once it started being trivial, it remained like that even when going to new zones. Where even higher level enemies die very fast. At that point, getting to new places and new mobs just becomes somewhat pointless because they all die to the same OP class combos of which every class had their "this skill is vastly better than anything else".

If they fix the above, then I'd absolutely be interested in a remaster of this. I've enjoyed the start and 15-20 hours of the beginning of the game every time. Each time starting with a new faction as well. Lore isn't bad. Story seems quite decent. The game was just too big, where you'll be constantly overpowered unless you purposely skip content and entire zones. But for someone with sidequest OCD it became trivial too fast. (Especially if you focused on the right tradeskills with the right class)

Game would really benefit from something as simple as the "expert mode" in Xenoblade. 50% less exp gain and buff mobs.

• 2Like

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was one of the few games I've played where the camera starts giving you headaches if you play a long enough session. I thought the world itself was fine, felt very much like a single player WoW. I own it, be nice if the remaster was free to owners.

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
If they fix the scaling and the remaster is nicely done I'll definitely give it a shot.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I own it, be nice if the remaster was free to owners.
It will almost certainly be just like Saints Row 3 remaster... no possibility for a free upgrade for owners of the original on Steam because THQ Nordic has sold out to our Chinese overlords.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eh i actually enjoyed this game quite a bit, id be more than happy to throw $40 at it.

• 1Solidarity

Caliane

I didn't buy the first time. I'll admit I'm a bit curious about this. $40 huh.... maybe if there is some actual fixing of the a few of the games problems.

$40
releases Aug 18th, 2020

Collectors edition. what the fuck are they thinking?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
All I remember was It was fun for 20 hours then got easy, repetitive which led to boredom. When it was on sale for $5 I would recommend it to friends I thought would enjoy it. I really have very little memory on what it was even about so I’m guessing the story was shallow.

• 2Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Dude those graphics look cool as hell. I played the main game but not any of the dlc.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
All I remember was It was fun for 20 hours then got easy, repetitive which led to boredom. When it was on sale for $5 I would recommend it to friends I thought would enjoy it. I really have very little memory on what it was even about so I’m guessing the story was shallow.

it's not shallow, really at all. like Droigan said there's too much of it. every little tiny thing has a backstory. the basic gist of the story is that YOU screwed things up by coming back to life. this is a world ruled by fate and you live outside of that. the elves in this game are all living in story cycles, bound by what was written ages ago and the villain is tired of it so he's trying to break fate the way the PC did. it's an interesting story, but there's SOOOOOOO much of it. you really do just start skipping it all and then 20 hours in you have no idea what you're even doing anymore.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users