Kingdom of Amalur: Re-Reckoning remaster releasing soon

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
it's not shallow, really at all. like Droigan said there's too much of it. every little tiny thing has a backstory. the basic gist of the story is that YOU screwed things up by coming back to life. this is a world ruled by fate and you live outside of that. the elves in this game are all living in story cycles, bound by what was written ages ago and the villain is tired of it so he's trying to break fate the way the PC did. it's an interesting story, but there's SOOOOOOO much of it. you really do just start skipping it all and then 20 hours in you have no idea what you're even doing anymore.

Maybe that’s what happened then. If I start getting burnt out on text or just want to do some new fetch quest I tend to skip the text. So it was shallow because I made it so!

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You know how some fantasy books will have sort of a cypher in the beginning? Like these are some old words and this is how to pronounce them?

This game needed something like that. There is A TON of Celtic history that they use but if you aren't familiar with it at all, the speech (ESPECIALLY the elves) turns into white noise during their first sentence.

It's absolutely not your fault that you started skipping dialogue. They also do a similar thing to Bethesda games where they recycle voice actors so even meeting new characters feels like a slog because you've already heard this dude talking before. It starts to sound like the Charlie Brown teacher

Edit: for what it's worth, I DO like the game, but it's going to take a lot more than just updated graphics to get me to buy it

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Played and beat this game, was something like 40+ hours. Used the throwing discs the whole time, I am pretty sure like 50% in I realized how empty the game felt but kept going for reasons I can't remember. Likely the combat.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
All I remember about this game was (A) having to install Origin to play it. That made me furious. (B) The terrible mountain of MMO-style fetch quests. So godamned boring. (C) All the drama surrounding 38 Studios, which was more entertaining than the game itself. (D) Gameplay was pretty decent but trivial if you sneezed near a zone and level-locked it. (D) RA Salvatore was in some way involved in the lore and story, which was basically decent as a core idea but descended quickly into mumbo-jumbo.

I'm stunned that this game is getting a remaster. There's nothing better out there on the scrap-heap of history than this? Jesus.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider

Here I come!

1591296077575.png

1591296102951.png

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty much agree with everyone else, I’m pretty sure I didn’t finish it but I remember it being pretty fun at the start and then just repetitive mmo fetch quest after mmo fetch quest. I remember liking to combat well enough

Lenaldo

Golden Knight of the Realm
The throwing discs were sweet.. pretty much the same experience as everyone else. First 20 hours were great, but then it got tedious and thus boring. I never finished it because of that.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I thought the original was great and would buy again. Played through 100% + 2 expansions. Would also prefer they fixed how the level scaling worked but at end-game you were probably going to become godlike with a full skill tree anyway. Blademaster FTW!

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I remember the quests being boring MMO fare. Single player games do not lend themselves to collecting 10 bear asses. That only passes in MMOs because multiplayer dungeons are the feature.

Mick

<Gold Donor>
To be honest $40 seems a little high if it is just the base game with new textures and graphics options. Does it include the DLC?

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Combat is pretty great. A lot of boring and tired shit after a while though overall. Had potential. Might be a lot of fun as a remaster, though. Maybe not. I guess if you enjoyed it the first time you will probably like it even more. Not sure I can shell out $40 to do it again, we’ll see. Story and world seemed cool at first, but meh. Kinda falls apart IMO.

reminds me I have some Amalur cards signed by Curt Schilling somewhere, lol.

Molten Core Raider
I remember playing the one DLC where you were with the giants or whatever and every single npc as you walk by says something like "You must be the Beckoned"! One of my roommates at the time asked "why the fuck do they keep calling you bacon?" and Ive never been able to unhear it...

Ill probably pick this up, I did enjoy it but like so many others I didnt finish it. I wrapped up the entire first continent and just never picked it back up for the rest.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I thought this was a really great game. Can't wait to replay it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xerge

<Donor>
McFarlane AND Salvatore. Take my fucking money. I had to refund the current steam version as it has UI issues past 1080 res. Roughly 25cad on steam so 15 more for a remaster is decent. The game delivers solid mechanics, good world building, and solid combat, I remember finishing it and not getting around to the DLC.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I remember liking the game and some of the concepts but put it down when I got to mid-level and everything was stupid easy to where I did the last few zones naked. Wouldn't mind a replay if they solve that.

spronk

FPS noob
so the remaster comes out later this year at $40
then they are gonna sell an expansion pack next year for the remaster
crazy