Kingdom of Amalur: Re-Reckoning remaster releasing soon

Qhue

Trump's Staff
That is an interesting flex of a remaster... As I understand it there was a LOT of art and assets completed for the MMO that they could use for this if they have access to the whole property.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
That is an interesting flex of a remaster... As I understand it there was a LOT of art and assets completed for the MMO that they could use for this if they have access to the whole property.

I think so too, from what I remember they were developing those two in tandem weren't they? It wasn't just that the single player game was to go first, then a planned MMO, but that the single player game was the build up of the world and lore leading up to the MMO so people would know the world it was set in. One of the reasons behind the original being over-saturated with lore.

Interesting they are adding an expansion when a major problem with the original was that there wasn't enough "game" compared to the world. You maxed out, became OP and trivialized the combat far before you ever got near the end, and especially the expansions. If you did all side quests while progressing, you'd outlevel the content really quick, even if you never did accidentally enter into a zone and level lock the content. Which was a shame, because the gameplay is really good on the hardest difficulty in the beginning. Maybe the fact that they're adding even more content means they have tackled that part? That they have added gameplay structures to actually support the massive amount of content. If they showcase gameplay changes where they clearly state they have dealt with that, it'd be an instant buy from me.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I was surprised this was getting a remaster. I'm even more surprised that they are actually making an expansion.

The original was kind of a decent game, if the remaster is good, I might get it when the expansion comes out.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is this coming to the PS4? The pre-order on Amazon UK is showing it as unavailable despite the Xbox / PC being open to pre-order.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I think so too, from what I remember they were developing those two in tandem weren't they? It wasn't just that the single player game was to go first, then a planned MMO, but that the single player game was the build up of the world and lore leading up to the MMO so people would know the world it was set in. One of the reasons behind the original being over-saturated with lore.

This game was mostly complete when 38 studios bought Big Huge Games. Before the lore re-tool it was called Ascendant. Basically RA Salvatore replaced some names of the NPC’s and the world/zone names. They were hoping this would generate revenue so their company didn’t tank and fuck over Rhode Island. 😀

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This game was mostly complete when 38 studios bought Big Huge Games. Before the lore re-tool it was called Ascendant. Basically RA Salvatore replaced some names of the NPC’s and the world/zone names. They were hoping this would generate revenue so their company didn’t tank and fuck over Rhode Island. 😀

It sold really well. Commercial performance of Amalur wasn't a problem. To help Curt out though it needed to do gangbusters. Call of Duty numbers.

Probably why this remaster/release is even happening. Hoping for a quick grab based on sales performance.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It sold really well. Commercial performance of Amalur wasn't a problem. To help Curt out though it needed to do gangbusters. Call of Duty numbers.

Probably why this remaster/release is even happening. Hoping for a quick grab based on sales performance.

I disagree. 1.2 million across three platforms in three months isn’t selling really well in my mind. One, possibly. Being this was 2012, my memory does fade on what was considered good though back then.

I thought the game was decent enough but 38 had zip shit to do with it was really my point.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

God that whole thing was a mess... but in the end Rhode Island fucked over Rhode Island. First fucking was the dumbass Governor who inked the deal with Schilling in the first place, but then it was exasperated to even more fuckery when the next governor just yanked the rug out from under them, causing everyone to lose their ass. It was just like the Middle East. Yeah Bush pulled us into a war that never should have been, but then Obama and Clinton doubled down and fucked us up by completely pulling out and leaving a vacuum for ISIS to rush in.

I'm actually looking forward to this as it does seem to be pretty cool (then and now). Here's hoping that since it's THQ, they can somehow use what is out there from the Copernicus project and turn it into a cool ARPG loot fest game/MMO-lite. Not holding my breath but if it ends up being that way, I won't complain.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

I disagree. 1.2 million across three platforms in three months isn’t selling really well in my mind. One, possibly. Being this was 2012, my memory does fade on what was considered good though back then.

I thought the game was decent enough but 38 had zip shit to do with it was really my point.
it was a bit of both.

1.2m back in 2012 was very good. But, yes there was some post iirc, where they stated the EXPECTED something insane like 9m or more. Which was d3 numbers, which was a massive outlier itself. and THIS game was a new entry, from a "new studio", and no real buzz.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Releases in less than a month, and still no gameplay trailers or more info on anything related to gameplay changes other than some things will be "looked at" or "fixed" which they said in their last Q/A a week or so ago. Being so vague about changes and not showing anything of the game this close to release isn't exactly a confidence boost of the product.

They just removed the original from Steam (can't select buy), so hopefully that means that if you have the old one, the new one will be given for free (though I don't think they've actually confirmed that).

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Releases in less than a month, and still no gameplay trailers or more info on anything related to gameplay changes other than some things will be "looked at" or "fixed" which they said in their last Q/A a week or so ago. Being so vague about changes and not showing anything of the game this close to release isn't exactly a confidence boost of the product.

They just removed the original from Steam (can't select buy), so hopefully that means that if you have the old one, the new one will be given for free (though I don't think they've actually confirmed that).
No reason to think it’d be free imo

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Is this still slated for its delayed release of Sept 8? That’s like 2 weeks away and we’ve heard nothing since the original announcement in June.

Last edited:

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I live in MA and everyone knows Rhode Island is a corrupt backwater where rich white people with boats look down on the rest of the filth residing in their exclusive domain. Curt picked RI for a reason.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I do believe it’s weird this hasn’t been pushed back considering the sheer lack of information just a couple weeks away.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Kingdom of Amalur was an excellent game. Will be looking forward to play it again.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider

Suppose this is why we haven't seen much gameplay. It looks... the same? Perhaps even worse than modding the original with a reshade.

Still no mention of anything regarding gameplay changes either. Comments on the video appear fitting, Kingdoms of Amalur - Re-Release.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This game was amazing when I first played it several years ago, although it might have only been great because I was on Vicodin that week due to a root canal.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users