Kingdom

Fedor

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Kingdom

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2019-01-25

Creator: Kim Eun-hee

Cast: Ju Ji-hoon, Ryu Seung-ryong, Bae Doo-na, Kim Sang-ho, Kim Sung-kyu, Jun Suk-ho, Kim Hye-jun, Huh Joon-ho, Jung Suk-won, Jin Sun-kyu

Overview: In this zombie thriller set in Korea's medieval Joseon dynasty, a crown prince is sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious outbreak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is awesome. That trailer shocked me. First I was all cool a period piece! Wait zombies? holy shit. Medieval Koreans wore some goofy shit btw.

1548537756788.png

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
It blows that this show only released 6 episodes with nothing resolved and everything at climax.mmmm

iannis

Musty Nester
I like it, the production value is all over the place though. E1 was movie-ish. Then E2 looked like they were on a soundstage.

I guess you could call that stylized. There's a real incongruity between 1 and 2. I wonder if they spent a bunch of money on a pilot to sell the show.

It's good though, just something I noticed. It was slightly jarring.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
watched only a few minutes, production is on par or besting Historical Kdrams or Saeguks, looks like it's from the Joseon period.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I like it, the production value is all over the place though. E1 was movie-ish. Then E2 looked like they were on a soundstage.

I guess you could call that stylized. There's a real incongruity between 1 and 2. I wonder if they spent a bunch of money on a pilot to sell the show.

It's good though, just something I noticed. It was slightly jarring.

They spent around 1.2 million per episode.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
About halfway through the first episode and I am not familiar with midevil Korean power structures. That being said the Queen and this Chief Counselor wield a lot of power. This clearly seems like a coup 30minutes in. Normally a Crown Prince would be head of state when the King is ill yet you have guards threatening him and the Queen. Seems odd.

Edit: 10 minutes later he admits it's true. So the suspicions were justified despite their horseshit.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Eps 3 so far, damn this is like 100% different than any korean dramas, take my word for it, you'll never be able to sit through an k-drama series.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database