Kingdom

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fedor

<Banned>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Kingdom

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2019-01-25

Creator: Kim Eun-hee

Cast: Ju Ji-hoon, Ryu Seung-ryong, Bae Doo-na, Kim Sang-ho, Kim Sung-kyu, Jun Suk-ho, Kim Hye-jun, Huh Joon-ho, Jung Suk-won, Jin Sun-kyu

Overview: In this zombie thriller set in Korea's medieval Joseon dynasty, a crown prince is sent on a suicide mission to investigate a mysterious outbreak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is awesome. That trailer shocked me. First I was all cool a period piece! Wait zombies? holy shit. Medieval Koreans wore some goofy shit btw.

1548537756788.png

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
It blows that this show only released 6 episodes with nothing resolved and everything at climax.mmmm

iannis

Musty Nester
I like it, the production value is all over the place though. E1 was movie-ish. Then E2 looked like they were on a soundstage.

I guess you could call that stylized. There's a real incongruity between 1 and 2. I wonder if they spent a bunch of money on a pilot to sell the show.

It's good though, just something I noticed. It was slightly jarring.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
watched only a few minutes, production is on par or besting Historical Kdrams or Saeguks, looks like it's from the Joseon period.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
I like it, the production value is all over the place though. E1 was movie-ish. Then E2 looked like they were on a soundstage.

I guess you could call that stylized. There's a real incongruity between 1 and 2. I wonder if they spent a bunch of money on a pilot to sell the show.

It's good though, just something I noticed. It was slightly jarring.

They spent around 1.2 million per episode.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
About halfway through the first episode and I am not familiar with midevil Korean power structures. That being said the Queen and this Chief Counselor wield a lot of power. This clearly seems like a coup 30minutes in. Normally a Crown Prince would be head of state when the King is ill yet you have guards threatening him and the Queen. Seems odd.

Edit: 10 minutes later he admits it's true. So the suspicions were justified despite their horseshit.

Last edited:

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Eps 3 so far, damn this is like 100% different than any korean dramas, take my word for it, you'll never be able to sit through an k-drama series.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database