King's Raid

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not just the gold bits, it's the Mysterious Fragments that are rewards for the Central Orvel event right now. I think I have about 20k of them now, but there are guys in guild with 40-50k+ from this event.

Yeah I’m dumb. Was on an early conference call and not thinking about the frags.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Thanks. Any thought on which team(s) to ultimately build around? I think Morrah was going to be my M.Dmg tank with Epis and then keeping Clause as my P.Dmg tank. Really I only do PvE World Bosses and stuff. Not really dragons right now bc didn't feel like I knew how to contribute to a group and no guild for guild raids. I do Arena but really just to get my points, not terribly worried about being top tier but every bit helps.

I have 30 Infinity Stones and lots of pots.
Morrah is a good tank for fights where you can block magic damage, but there is at least one fight where damage is unblockable (frost giant challenge raid). Generally speaking, Ricardo is a better choice for m dmg TANKING, but I have him and have literally never used him. Clause is easily the best p dmg tank (his s3 with 20% reduced p dmg perk is awesome), but the priest released this patch might devalue him a bit since he buffs p dodge and p toughness (toughness being a flat % reduction off of all unmitigated damage).

Except for Tyrfas, I use Morrah as dps. She’s my third highest damage on WB1 and only has 0* UW. She’s fairly niche though so I wouldn’t necessarily recommend her over other heroes unless you’re happy with your current roster and want to get higher scores on WB and Tyrfas.

Alkorin is all in on Epis, but Epis is only exceptional for dungeons and certain encounters where the boss is immune to defense reduction. There are better heroes for every other situation with much less investment. Epis is very very good at farming chapter/upper dungeons though - maybe the best.

Molten Core Raider
Thoughts on a second/alternative priest? I've currently got Mediana and Frey but I'm two or three days away from finishing Shea in the Inn. Frey has her UW, Mediana does not but Ill be able to buy an UW from the Arena by the time I finish Shea so whoever I go with will have theirs. Thanks to this fragment event I have enough Infinity stones to take whichever priest I go with straight to Transcendence 5.

Which of the three would be best to sub in for Laias or accompany her into world bosses of the three options I have available?

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Thoughts on a second/alternative priest? I've currently got Mediana and Frey but I'm two or three days away from finishing Shea in the Inn. Frey has her UW, Mediana does not but Ill be able to buy an UW from the Arena by the time I finish Shea so whoever I go with will have theirs. Thanks to this fragment event I have enough Infinity stones to take whichever priest I go with straight to Transcendence 5.

Which of the three would be best to sub in for Laias or accompany her into world bosses of the three options I have available?
Frey is good for WB1, less good for WB2 because of dispel. Laias is good for WB2, especially now that they’ve buffed its damage output. Mediana can be good for WB2, but you must keep an eye on when she uses s3 to be optimal since it can be dispelled. Mediana’s s1 makes a lot of encounters simpler (manticore ToC68/Guild Raid, several challenge raid bosses, Lakreil to name a few).

I run 3 healers on both WB. Shea’s S1 is good damage reduction for WB1. At 0* UW she’s not gonna be very useful for WB2 as her buffs are dispellable and WB2 dispels frequently. Mediana is one of the few healers that are somewhat UW dependent (Shea is another and requires 3* or higher UW to be optimal).

It doesn’t help you NOW, but I’d work towards getting the NPC hero May as she is a really good boss healer.

Outside of bosses, Annette is almost always the only healer I use. My most used healers in general are Juno and Shea (4* UW). I used May for every boss until I got Juno. Now I just use May with magic teams and bosses that don’t favor physical teams.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>

IF and I mean IF you are inclined to spend money on this game, the special random deal is the absolute best value they ever offer and is worth gambling for the lua tickets. However, it is quite a bit of cash so don’t feel like you’re missing out if you don’t get it. It’s only up for the rest of today I think.

You can still get a lot of good value by just saving 50k rubies over 3 months between ruby spending events and getting the lua ticket during that event.

Molten Core Raider
What makes the Lua tickets so good versus regular tickets? I've honestly not really spent much on King's Raid and not sure I need/want to. I've got a pretty solid group for mid tier content and have been puttering along.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
What makes the Lua tickets so good versus regular tickets? I've honestly not really spent much on King's Raid and not sure I need/want to. I've got a pretty solid group for mid tier content and have been puttering along.
Lua UW tickets have NPC UWs (only way to get it is with lua tokens - $85 = 130 lua tokens. 500 lua tokens for a Lua UW ticket). Lua artifact tickets have ALL artifacts - events, world boss, Velk, etc.

Molten Core Raider
I may take a peek. I honestly havent logged into King's Raid in a week or more now. A buddy and I have gotten into that Epic Seven and I'm really enjoying that. Also, goddamn at these snowflakes...

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
I guess I must be extremely behind the curve on this game, just started playing on Sunday. First mobile game that I have touched in 7 years. Only in Chapter 4 Story Mode currently, but I love how much there is to do, and the fact that I haven't had to spend a dime to do any of it. Just hit 8 heroes last night, although I didn't do any research beforehand and I was just picking people at random. Wound up with the starting 5 plus Kualah, Annette, and Requina. I didn't realize that Annette is supposed to be a healer/support, I saw her kit and thought she would be a DPS. So now I have an excess of healers; oh well, early days yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Honestly the first thing I think I will need is a guild that is active, I joined some random one with open acceptance, only to notice I had the highest activity of anybody. So I left.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I’ll see if my old guild is still active. They should at least be clearing guild raids.

Try not to join and leave guilds too much. There’s a scaling cooldown for rewards and participation based on the number of times you’ve left a guild in the last 30 days. Once or twice isn’t too bad. Third time I think is 3-5 days.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Annette is never an excess of anything, btw. She's ridiculously clutch.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
What should I be spending my rubies on? I have just been hoarding them so far.
If you think you'll be playing this still in a month, continue to hoard them. The only exception I would recommend is that you unlock crafting slots as soon as it makes sense so you can continuously make as many fragments of infinity as possible (Stones of Infinity will eventually be your greatest limiting factor for power progression).

There will be a ruby spending event probably some time later this month or early in March. When the spend event is going on, I recommend getting more inventory space and getting a hero or two that would complement your current roster. Universally useful heroes that don't require upgraded unique weapons/treasures are Epis (magic melee dps), Lorraine (magic CC god), Reina (physical melee dps), and Selene (physical ranged dps).

As a f2p I would never recommend spending rubies on special summons. It's most optimal to hoard those for special summon events (they happen once every 6 weeks or so), but you're not missing out on a lot by using them as you get them.

I almost exclusively play this on my PC through the android emulator, Nox. Besides the obvious utility of not having to tie up my phone, it also lets me macro and use my regenerated stamina through the night. There's a lot of stuff to do in the game and I likely wouldn't do half of it every day if I weren't using Nox.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
If you think you'll be playing this still in a month, continue to hoard them. The only exception I would recommend is that you unlock crafting slots as soon as it makes sense so you can continuously make as many fragments of infinity as possible (Stones of Infinity will eventually be your greatest limiting factor for power progression).

There will be a ruby spending event probably some time later this month or early in March. When the spend event is going on, I recommend getting more inventory space and getting a hero or two that would complement your current roster. Universally useful heroes that don't require upgraded unique weapons/treasures are Epis (magic melee dps), Lorraine (magic CC god), Reina (physical melee dps), and Selene (physical ranged dps).

As a f2p I would never recommend spending rubies on special summons. It's most optimal to hoard those for special summon events (they happen once every 6 weeks or so), but you're not missing out on a lot by using them as you get them.

I almost exclusively play this on my PC through the android emulator, Nox. Besides the obvious utility of not having to tie up my phone, it also lets me macro and use my regenerated stamina through the night. There's a lot of stuff to do in the game and I likely wouldn't do half of it every day if I weren't using Nox.

Thanks for all the information. I read the whole thread and saw Epis mentioned a ton, so I will probably use Rubies on her when the time comes. I am currently halfway through Selene in the Inn currently with this double kinship event, so that is going pretty quick. I finally wiped for the first time during story mode while autoing. It was the Dark Elf Queen at the end of Chapter 5. I wasn't having any trouble with her, but once she got to 50% a cutscene played and she summoned a whole bunch of adds. I didn't have Clause in the group at the time since I was just facerolling it up to that point, and Kasel got spanked. Beat it the second time though. My whole team of 8 is 5 Star at this point and all level 52. Just about to start Normal Chapter 5.

I have a Three Star Hero ticket from the main questline, any recommendations? Currently I have: Frey, Clause, Kasel, Roi, Cleo, Annette, Kaulah, Requina. Selene will be a physical ranged dps, so that role will be filled. Not sure who I should be looking for from a three star hero pool.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Thanks for all the information. I read the whole thread and saw Epis mentioned a ton, so I will probably use Rubies on her when the time comes. I am currently halfway through Selene in the Inn currently with this double kinship event, so that is going pretty quick. I finally wiped for the first time during story mode while autoing. It was the Dark Elf Queen at the end of Chapter 5. I wasn't having any trouble with her, but once she got to 50% a cutscene played and she summoned a whole bunch of adds. I didn't have Clause in the group at the time since I was just facerolling it up to that point, and Kasel got spanked. Beat it the second time though. My whole team of 8 is 5 Star at this point and all level 52. Just about to start Normal Chapter 5.

I have a Three Star Hero ticket from the main questline, any recommendations? Currently I have: Frey, Clause, Kasel, Roi, Cleo, Annette, Kaulah, Requina. Selene will be a physical ranged dps, so that role will be filled. Not sure who I should be looking for from a three star hero pool.
I just looked over the ticket choices and think your best choice would be Naila. She’s currently one of the best physical damage amps in the game. Naila needs her unique weapon, unique treasure for her 3rd skill, and transcendence 3 for max amp.

Solid team comps would be:

Physical: Clause Frey Naila Selene

Getting Clause UW from beginner’s UW ticket would be good, but he doesn’t *need* a UW or UT to be effective. T3 minimum.
Frey benefits quite a bit from her UW. Kinda needs UT2. T3 minimum.
Selene needs her UW, UT2, and T5 for max performance.

Magic: Jane Laias Annette Epis
Jane doesn’t need UW but it’s good. She does need UT3. T5 is awesome but T3 is fine.
Laias is a mana battery and strong healer. UW needed, no UT required. T5 is awesome and required for mana battery.
Annette is the highest magic amper in the game. UW and UT3 required. T5 required.
Epis is probably the best chapter clearing hero in the game. UW required. UT1 is very good, UT3 is slightly worse. T5 required.