Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Early reviews comming out positive
nicholas-cage-you-dont-say.gif

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean, I wasn't taking it for granted. I was going to see it regardless but the trailers looked like it had shark-jumping potential which is saying something considering the first movie. I'm glad to hear positive things.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
what parts seemed shark jumping? I mean, you allude to it... but, literally jumping over a shark on waterskis seems totally plausible and in context for this series.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
what parts seemed shark jumping? I mean, you allude to it... but, literally jumping over a shark on waterskis seems totally plausible and in context for this series.

Channing Tatum in a cowboy hat with lasso, blasting away with his six-shooter, while RIDING a shark.

• 1Worf

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
I saw most of it tonight. Fucking hated it. The opening action sequence was fucking garbage. Most of the movie was garbage, and I left when they had the stupidest fucking action sequence where there's a retarded spinning gondola ski lift that falls, skis down the mountain, then a parachute stops it. Beyond insulting, fuck that shit. Avoid this movie at all costs.

I don't mind over the top action sequences (ie Fast and Furious movies), but these were just stupid, and the movie was shit along with it.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Most of it?

Like.. you walked out, or came in late or something?

Just curious; that's a strange way to start any sort of description of a movie.

For reference, did you like/enjoy the first one, and how did you feel about the Church scene in the first movie?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Most of it?

Like.. you walked out, or came in late or something?

Just curious; that's a strange way to start any sort of description of a movie.

For reference, did you like/enjoy the first one, and how did you feel about the Church scene in the first movie?

I walked out about 2/3 of the way through the movie. I really liked the first one and loved the Church scene. You'll see, when you see this one, how stupid the action is. First action scene is a major turn off, fucking pure shit style.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Weaksauce =|

Was really hoping this would be a pretty great follow-up.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
How was Halle Berry looking kid, you know the important stuff?

She looked good, but you can tell she's aged (she's 51, I just had to google to make sure she is older than me, which she is by 15 years), and is no longer "sexy lady" but "older lady". Someone posted earlier about Channing Tatum, he actually was OK in this. The problems with the movie weren't him. It was the script and the action sequences. When the sequences are so fucking comedic the audience doesn't feel any sense of worry or fear. It just made me roll my eyes and feel insulted. I'm sorry if I'm being super douche movie guy but I think that's the point of these forums.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I saw most of it tonight. Fucking hated it. The opening action sequence was fucking garbage. Most of the movie was garbage, and I left when they had the stupidest fucking action sequence where there's a retarded spinning gondola ski lift that falls, skis down the mountain, then a parachute stops it. Beyond insulting, fuck that shit. Avoid this movie at all costs.

I don't mind over the top action sequences (ie Fast and Furious movies), but these were just stupid, and the movie was shit along with it.

So like the last Jame Bond movie Specter?

spronk

FPS noob
I don't really know if I can trust any of wonderguy's opinions, first he super creeps on Gal Gadot and now he WALKS OUT on this movie? Like I can totally understand walking out on Mother! or Transformers 5 because those were shitty movies but walking out on an action movie... sounds like a low testosterone problem, may need a medical checkup.

I saw this today in IMAX (thanks moviepass), it reminds me a lot of the John Wick franchise problem: the second one is stylistically very similar to the first one, and it has the main cast return, but it doesn't really do much new and the bad guys aren't as good as the first one. I don't really blame a sequel for not breaking new ground, but man John Wick 1 and Kingsman 1 both woke you up at the beginning of their movies and said "fuck you, this isn't like anything you have seen in a while, now sit down shut the fuck up and enjoy your popcorn". Whereas the sequels are just kind of ... what you already saw, just more of it. I rewatched Kingsman 1 last night too so I could refresh my memory on the chars and settings, which I think anyone who wants to watch 2 should do since they dip a lot into the 1 story.

The bad guys are definitely not as good, Julianna Moore makes a decent fem-Samuel L Jackson but the douchey sidekick is nowhere near as cool as blade girl from the first movie, who seriously stole that movie. I don't think anyone in the world will remember even the name of the sidekick character in this movie, he's that bland and forgettable. SLJ and bladegirl worked awesomely in the first movie together, whereas Moore is just left to kinda ham it up here and it doesn't work without another strong villain.

The best thing about this movie was Statesmen, the american version of Kingsmen. I would totally watch the fuck out of a Statesmen spinoff, hope they get to it. Also a problem is with so many characters Eggsy kinda is on the sideline for most of the movie, and he never really is "important" to the plot which is kinda weird. Action movies like this need to keep their focus on a single character the entire way through, not sorta wander around shining the spotlight on guests.

• 1Like

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Sir, I would never walk into the theater to see Transformers 5, so I could never walk out of it!

Great review! Question: did you roll your eyes at the "spinning gondola, falls down and skis down the mountain, and then stops in the knick of time by a random parachute" action sequence?

Last edited:

Nabassu

Lord Nagafen Raider
Honest question: What is the appeal of the church scene, other than a cathartic release of visceral slaughter?

Oldbased

> Than U
Honest question: What is the appeal of the church scene, other than a cathartic release of visceral slaughter?
It's I assume Screamfeeder, so he likes watching right wing christians kill themselves. At least his mannerisms and stuff is much like him.

• 1Solidarity

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still enjoyed this movie, but it really could have done a lot more. It took the lazy way out of a ton of stuff and super underused the whole Statesman side of things. I feel like if they'd spent some time making a better script it could have been epic, but it was just alright. There was still a lot of good parts in it. For free, I don't mind having gone for sure :p

• 1Like