Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is definitely a movie that you can watch multiple times, Vaughns action scenes are always insanely well done

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is a great drunk movie. I never watch trailers or read spoilers so when agent pena came on with a southern accent I just lost my shit. Once a DEA, always a DEA. We had a drinking game, but I forgot now cause too drunk.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
utterly embarrassing garbage

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Finally got around to watching this last night and found it to be quite enjoyable. It drug a bit (unintentional pun) and felt a bit forced, but the light hearted over-the-top action didn't disappoint. I mean, this was by no means a classic that we'll be fondly remembering twenty years from now on rererererererererolled.org, but I'm not sure why it got such a harsh reception. It didn't stray that far from the original.

• 1Worf

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They tried to cram in to much and just ended up with a steaming pile. Oh well the first one was good

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nowhere near as good as the first one, but I don't know if anyone will be able to top Samuel Jackson's villain from the first one, not to say I hated the new villain. They definitely tried to cram too much, the butterfly arc was... I don't know just didn't do it for me. They really missed an element trying to lock the main character up, relationship wise, I mean if you are going to riff on espionage/Bond tropes, you've got to have the new hotties every movie angle dammit. The whip fighting was dumb, needed more Channing.

Edit: And fuck Halle Berry, I feel like she has turned into cancer after this, Storm, Catwoman, etc. Her whole character could have been cut, nothing lost.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I enjoyed this well enough but I really did fall rather short of the first one for me. While it was much of the same something about it was just missing. Still a good rental choice to turn off your brain and enjoy.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
We happened to just see this for the first time tonight. And... Idk. I know the first one was relatively light-hearted, but this one was just straight up CHEESY. It was such a dramatic change of tone from the first one that I just couldn't take it seriously. Killing off the whole organization right off the bat in the second movie in the series was a bad call, and then when Canning Tatum plugged the leak in the whiskey barrel by spitting his tobacco chew... I knew we weren't in for nearly as good of a movie as the first one. And I was right.

Really surprisingly, they're actually making a third one. Hard to imagine where they can go with it at this point. I guess rebuilding the whole organization with just Harry left from before Eggsy joined?

Last edited:

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really surprisingly, they're actually making a third one. Hard to imagine where they can go with it at this point. I guess rebuilding the whole organization with just Harry left from before Eggs joined?
Rumors have it they are making a 3rd, a prequel, and an 8-part TV series for Statesman. The budgets weren't awful for either film and certainly made money so they'll roll with it as an over the top spy action series.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The first movie was pretty good. This movie sucked and you should be embarrassed if you liked it.

• 3Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This was bad and they dropped the ball in creating a believable sister/cousin branch to the Kingsmen. It could have been great, but instead much fail. It's basically Pitch Perfect 2.

Caliane

Just got around to this.

Yeah, echo much of the statements made by others here. Not nearly as good as the first. Too much side plots.
Agent pena was the best part. and, the betrayal sucked. the ending was a big letdown, and anti-climatic. Poppies death on, was just lame.

Side plots and poppy's death. her obsession with robots. where did that go? just an excuse for the drones? I was really expecting some crazy robot related endgame for her, given how easily she gave shit up. She was acting like she expected to die. An army of robot Poppy's? Agent Pena WAS a robot?

President rounding up sick people in cages, and stacking them up was retarded.

• 1Like

Malakriss

There's a reason why most movies tend to skip that entire era because there's just no way to.. not even worth explaining.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I've been especially picky with movies of late, so take these comments with that in mind.

I watched the opening sequence of the fight in the cab and the effects were so shitty and so obvious, and the massive-seeming, pregnant pauses between each important move and counter move was so off-putting that I had to turn it off. It may have been some of the worst edit-special effects combination I have ever seen in a movie that wasn't obvious B schlock.

All that being said, I really enjoyed the first movie - the fight scenes had the same "pauses" but they were used to showcase the violence and the gore and seemed more appropriate.

I am a fan of everyone in that new movie though - Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Djimon Hounsou. I was hoping the bad guy was Peter Stormare (Lucifer from Constantine) one of my fav character actors, but it looks like it may be Rhys Ifans based on some Google work? I don't see Stormare on the list.

Anyway, I am intrigued, if it doesn't lose me in the first 5 minutes like the last one.