Kingsman: The Golden Circle (2017)

Chris

Potato del Grande
Why not have more than one if you can?

Stupid bureaucracy about passports and countries is super 19th century anyways. Wouldn't get emotional about arbitrary lines drawn on a map for governments to swindle people out of money by claiming they belong to this or that colourful piece of cloth flapping in the wind.
Oh god, are you German or Swedish?

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
It was... a rental.

Not terrible, but man some of those parts were hilariously bad. The Fantastic Voyage vagina probe was pretty lulzy, but a lot of stuff, especially all of the bad guys, were really not great.

Statesmen seemed kind of cliche'd, which is entirely the point hah, but it still seemed over the top. Jeff Bridges really phoned in the hell out of that performance. It's like they just told him "Hey remember Rooster Coburn and the Dude? Mix that shit, okay?" and then filmed the results.

6/10 is a good score for it. Expected a bit more because of how awesome the first one was, but I didn't hate it. Just really fell short in some key areas that, while not strong in the original, were at least "stronger" than what was presented in this sequel.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It was average. They went overboard with the gadget department (the alpha gel was one of the biggest bullshit i have seen in years).
And I didn't laugh once, just a smirk or 2.
Poppy was a shit villain. Was behind a counter the entire fucking movie, complaining how awesome she was but no one knew her name.

One thing was good, they had the balls to kill characters that had meaning for eggsy.

Chaning Tatum and Jeff Bridges were disposable, even Halle Berry.

5/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Not nearly as good as the first one, but I still enjoyed it. It's main problem was that it just went too far in trying to be over-the-top goofy. Sure, the first one wasn't exactly grounded and gritty, but robot dogs?

That said, I do want this series to continue, mostly because I want them to keep running with the idea of countries having spy agencies based on national stereotypes. The Brits got posh gentlemen and we got cowboys; what do the Canadians get, lumberjacks?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Campbell1oo4

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why not have more than one if you can?

Stupid bureaucracy about passports and countries is super 19th century anyways. Wouldn't get emotional about arbitrary lines drawn on a map for governments to swindle people out of money by claiming they belong to this or that colourful piece of cloth flapping in the wind.

Alright, we have this thing called symbolism.

That piece of cloth is symbolic for ideals we try to live up to, that other nations/peoples might not share.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not a real review, but I still liked how their fight choreographer and stunt crew made various scenes look badass.

My hyper imagination cringed at the hamburger, though. I couldn't turn my brain off during that.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I really liked how they kept up with the buttsex for saving the world thing, and elton john's part was great. I didn't think it was really him. Dude has a much better sense of humor than I realized. Fuck off to the 2 people who said his fight scene was over the top. That face he made alone might have been the highlight of the movie.

Poppy had a shitty plan for world domination. I think that was the worst part of the movie. But I gotta say if I was president, I think I would have played it the same way he did. War on Drugs = won! WOOHOO. It was also pretty dumb that he got arrested at the end, but I'm guessing whoever made the movie doesn't understand or care about american politics. IRL, I'm not so sure that president would have even lost re-election.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I really liked how they kept up with the buttsex for saving the world thing, and elton john's part was great. I didn't think it was really him. Dude has a much better sense of humor than I realized. Fuck off to the 2 people who said his fight scene was over the top. That face he made alone might have been the highlight of the movie.

Poppy had a shitty plan for world domination. I think that was the worst part of the movie. But I gotta say if I was president, I think I would have played it the same way he did. War on Drugs = won! WOOHOO. It was also pretty dumb that he got arrested at the end, but I'm guessing whoever made the movie doesn't understand or care about american politics. IRL, I'm not so sure that president would have even lost re-election.

Uh.... the war on drugs is massively unpopular in the U.S., and has been for years. A select few powerful politicians and hardcore conservative bases are really the only ones keeping it alive. It's unpopular enough where cities and even entire states of people have started moving away from it even though it still violates federal law. It's also the single biggest waste of taxpayer money outside of congress itself. Intentionally causing/allowing the death of tens of millions of Americans is also not going to win a lot of brownie points, especially since a huge percentage of those affected would be from otherwise conservative areas. It would essentially be the only guaranteed way at this point to lose a conservative base if you have an R next to your name.

Also, it wasn't a plan for world domination. It was a plan for legitimacy, "freedom" for herself / operations to move out of the shadows. Also for recognition. She would only "dominate" the world if her plan worked the same way other multi-billionaire CEOs do. Which is why a lot of her character and the way the thing played out was dumb. The "evilness" they gave her seemed completely arbitrary and unrelated to her goals in the first place. At least Sam Jackson's villain in the first had a typical cartoony villain plan and played the part.

• 2Like
  • 2Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Uh.... the war on drugs is massively unpopular in the U.S.,

Massively unpopular amongst people who don't vote. If those people did vote, the war would be over already because they'd vote in candidates who wanted to end it.

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I really enjoyed this movie, but Poppy's "evil" plan was kind of dumb. I actually agreed with the President and Whiskey that they should just let the drug users die. As a viewer, you shouldn't agree with the evil mastermind's plan.

• 2Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
Someone explain to me who those people were in the bar when the original gallahad tried to teach them manners and failed miserably. I would have thought they were just random bar patrons, but they called the main guy "moonshine" which makes me think he was a statesman too.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone explain to me who those people were in the bar when the original gallahad tried to teach them manners and failed miserably. I would have thought they were just random bar patrons, but they called the main guy "moonshine" which makes me think he was a statesman too.
Yeah I was wondering if that whole scene was a setup for trying to get Galahad Sr's muscle memory back because of the "Moonshine" comment. Then again, they could've been calling him the equivalent of horse shit in liquor-cowboy talk so I dunno. ;p

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
At first I assumed that whole thing was a set-up, but I dunno after Whiskey then beat the shit out of them and (apparently) killed a few of them given the wounds he inflicted.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Setting that last fight to a country cover of Cameo's Word Up, and having it choreographed to the music so well, was the salvation I required for the retarded shit I witnessed earlier on.

Fucking hilarious.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It was entertaining and im going to watch it again. Original was fantastic, this was a lot of stupid fun. Harry's return wasnt as terrible as i thought it would be. Wouldnt have been upset if i payed for a ticket even thou i have moviepaas. I thought i was going to hate how Firth survived but it was done decent enough.
the millions of individual stacked cages was probably the most annoying thing for me

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Agree with most of the above. Zero tension because everyone is a secret super ninja.

Entertaining but basically a 1.5 hour long video game cutscene. But apparently that is what they were going for so can't really complain.