Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Grohl is awesome, I dont think i've heard anything but positive stuff about the guy

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, I don't think Grohl is a dick and I've always heard him speak positively about Cobain as well. Well...as positive as you can about the drug-addled leader of your band.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fair enough, I'll reevaluate my position at a later date. No idea where my impression came from, just was one of those things so not like I had any real evidence.

Feien

Ploppers
In the Foo Fighters Back and Forth documentary he talks about Kurt and Nirvana a bit, specially since he almost saw Taylor Hawkins (foo drummer) go through a heroin overdose. Very interesting stuff.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just go google Dave Grohl quotes if you have never seen them.

anigif_mobile_6fcb5b3ae116b31e97e3aecf0c93f1cc-14.gif

Column_sl

shitlord
Grohl got a lot of hate initially because his band is soo different then Nirvana was. People actually thought he could reproduce Nirvana which is insane.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I think in that Rolling Stones article previously mentioned Frances Bean said she wanted a documentary that helped her know who her dad was, and not just a documentary about his life that she'd already seen. Something along those lines. But I feel the same as etchazz, always knew he was fucked up but seeing some of those home videos was just crazy. Maybe I don't know enough junkies.

On the Dave Grohl stuff it has always seemed convenient how he doesn't weigh in on a lot of the Nirvana history and his time, etc... Loved him in the band, love(d) Foo Fighters, but he's always come off as a huge d-bag and seemed to spit on his time with Nirvana. I dunno, that's 100% a personal reaction and could be 100% wrong.
I think most of Dave's animosity toward Nirvana has zero to do with the band and almost 100% about the fact that Courtney Love controls the master recordings for the band and receives a majority of the revenue that the band still makes (which is a mega fuck ton). That would piss me off too, considering she had shit to do with the band itself or their music, aside for marrying Kurt.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Yeah my impression has always been that Grohl has beef with Courtney Love, as do most people she has ever interacted with, not anything to do with Nirvana. I could swear I have heard him talk about the band and about Cobain many times.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Pretty fascinating stuff.

Courtney Love's soul is dogshit.
She's a dirty whore, and she absolutely cheated on him, probably at least a hundred times. It's blatantly obvious in that interview that she's lying about that subject, and if that's the reason Kurt killed himself, I hate her even more.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
She's a dirty whore, and she absolutely cheated on him, probably at least a hundred times. It's blatantly obvious in that interview that she's lying about that subject, and if that's the reason Kurt killed himself, I hate her even more.
Yeah, her talking about the single temptation she had and didn't act upon was completely unconvincing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I really liked this movie, particularly all of the remixes/covers of the Nirvana songs. Definitely takes me back to the 90s. It's pretty crazy that they were able to get all of those notebooks and home movies and shit too.

I'm surprised that Courtney let them shoot her lit like that. She is 50 but looked 70 in the movie.

Dave Grohl is pretty awesome and I would probably make out with him if I was drunk.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I like Nirvana songs and albums a lot, but I didn't slobber Cobain cock back in the 90s like many were doing. I was more of a Soundgarden/AIC kinda guy.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
just watched this. had no idea Kurt Cobain was such a little pussy.

IMO, this whole thing was pretty bad. it would have been interesting to hear from Steve Albani and hear his thoughts on what Kurt was going through and the people surrounding him, or hear from Dave Grohl. instead we got to see Courtney Love spew bullshit for 2 hours.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I enjoyed the doc but after it was over it almost felt as if the entire production was Courtney Love apologists attempt. It was cool seeing my man Albani for 20 seconds.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
All one needs to understand about Grohl and Courtney is to watch the Nirvana tribute during the 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame show. The band chose 3 female singers to fill in Kurt's role and none of them were Courtney. (For the slow ones, the band did not need to choose women to sing. I took it as a direct dig at Cunty)

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also explains, regardless of what is being said, why present day Grohl wasnt involved.