Kurt Cobain was murdered (probably).

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Went back and listened to their entire discography at work a few months back. Gotta say, I enjoyed Bleach and Incesticide the most. I don't think I appreciated Bleach as much as I should have back in the day.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I liked Nevermind a lot when I was in elementary school and listened to it a fuckload. I much prefer STP (first two albums), Soundgarden, and AiC when it comes to the grunge sound though.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I can honestly say I really only like Come As You Are and Smells Like Teen Spirit.

I really like Alice in Chains and Dirt is one of my favorite albums from growing up.

I also enjoyed Soundgarden and had most of their albums, Superunknown probably being my favorite but also liked Down on the Upside and a special shout out to Rusty Cage on Badmotorfinger.

I like a lot of STP but don't really have any particular favorite albums except their compilation Thank You.

I tended to listen to a lot of Gwar, Type O Negative, and Pantera at that time though so my tastes are probably going to be a bit different.

I also loved Pearl Jam's Vs.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You say Nirvana is overrated to show how cool and edgy you are. Been this way for years because they were the most popular grunge band.

Smells Like Teen Spirit instantly transports me back to being a freshman in high school watching MTV after school with my finger on the remote in case the old lady I was staying with came home since she absolutely forbid watching of MTV in her house.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
You say Nirvana is overrated to show how cool and edgy you are. Been this way for years because they were the most popular grunge band.

Smells Like Teen Spirit instantly transports me back to being a freshman in high school watching MTV after school with my finger on the remote in case the old lady I was staying with came home since she absolutely forbid watching of MTV in her house.
I just think a lot lf other grunge bands are better. I also hate people who think Nirvana is awesome and then don't even know Alice in Chains or Soundgarden. Mindbottling

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

I never said they were over rated I just said the other bands were better. I then went on to explain why as I enjoy the other grunge bands music better. If you only know/love Nirvana then hey good for you millions agree. There's no doubt Nirvana was the biggest at the time. Just not my cup of tea.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love Soundgarden and I like a fair number of Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam songs. I also have a couple songs in my shuffle by Seven Marry Three, the grunge band that almost made it big but they weren't from Seattle.

I also liked Audioslave, at least their first album. Chris Cornell is awesome. Listening to Jesus Christ Pose with Cornell's voice isolated is pretty mind blowing.

Skip to 1:27

• 2Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Back in the day I liked Pearl Jam and AIC more than Nirvana. Nowadays I like all of them the same.

Cornell was always the Rob Halford of grunge. Awesome singer.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
nirvana was not overrated and this is coming from a giant metalhead who was a metalhead in the early to late 80s when being a metalhead was actually edgy. i dunno if courtney murdered Kurt, i saw all the documentaries swirling around it, even the first one (Kurt and Courtney) at an art house theater during the 90s. from my view, its only possible she planned and executed his murder if all the police were also as stoned and retarded as she was/is.

• 2Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
from my view, its only possible she planned and executed his murder if all the police were also as stoned and retarded as she was/is.

Think of it from the point of view of the police detective.

1. The police receive a missing persons report several days earlier - filed by Kurt's Mother - saying a heroin addict escaped drug rehab, purchased a shotgun, and was known to be suicidal.
2. A private business reports finding a body in a locked room above a garage.
3. Police find an obvious suicide, by shotgun, with a drug kit, and a suicide note stuck in plain site.
4. Police read the missing persons report, see all the dots line up, and that's the end of the investigation.
5. Death ruled a suicide by the detective without an autopsy or toxicology report. They didn't even develop the film from the crime scene photos until 2014.
6. Open and shut case. Let's grab donuts.

Never mind that the missing person's report was filed by Love under Kurt's Mothers name. Never mind that the report was worded to imply the shotgun was purchased after leaving rehab, instead of prior. Never mind the suicidal claim was bogus.

By the way, the Kurt and Courtney documentary had false information in it. They make the claim that a doctor had tested a heroin addict with a large dose of heroin and the addict was able to stand on one leg and do other fine motor tasks for several minutes. The claim is false, because the doctor did not give the patient heroin but methadone, and it was delivered orally not intravenously.

The amount of heroin in Kurt's system would have knocked him unconscious in seconds.

Fuck Kurt, he was a huge douchebag. But what pisses me off the most, and depresses the hell out of me, is realizing Courtney Love was smart enough to get away with murder.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i dont think she could get away with passing a drug test let alone fooling all the cops in a very high profile case. they even revisited the evidence not too long ago and still found nothing. look i want to believe that cobain didnt just off himself at the height of his career and i hate courtney love, but unless she paid the cops or the cops are retarded stoners too, then no, she didnt get away with murder.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
i dont think she could get away with passing a drug test let alone fooling all the cops in a very high profile case. they even revisited the evidence not too long ago and still found nothing. look i want to believe that cobain didnt just off himself at the height of his career and i hate courtney love, but unless she paid the cops or the cops are retarded stoners too, then no, she didnt get away with murder.

Oh, I didn't realize the police and the justice system were infallible. I guess I've been wrong about OJ Simpson all these years.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
-shrug

thats my point, all the cops involved must be retarded stoners for a retarded stoner to have fooled them

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
when being a metalhead was actually edgy.

When metal is used for TV ads, American Pickers and Pawn Stars or whatnot, metal (and punk) has definitely changed.

I saw that Kurt & Courtney doc in the late 90s too. It's very possible something shady went down, but I've always thought it strange that drug addled, retarded ass Courtney Love could be such a criminal genius. In all likelihood, if something did indeed go down, it was probably some junkie friend of his or some drug dealer or some shit.