Labyrinth...rebooted.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
At least they officially waited until his corpse was cold. Fucks sake.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
are you talking about the Sci-Fi channel movies? weren't those way closer with the novels than David Lynch's, just missing things like Stewart and Sting?
Both were abominations. But at least they got Professor X before anyone learned he is a good actor. Lynch's version is a downright rewrite of the story worthy of any Anderson classic raped by Disney. Herbert got p.a.i.d. Though by delaurentis. And it's a hilarious story worth googling.

Column_sl

shitlord
Bowie is cool and all, but I never thought Labyrinth was the best Henson production.

Preferred the Dark Crystal much more.

Column_sl

shitlord
are you talking about the Sci-Fi channel movies? weren't those way closer with the novels than David Lynch's, just missing things like Stewart and Sting?
They were closer, but still way off.

I liked both versions of Dune, but my favorite is still the directors cut of Lynch's version. It just feels like the more complete film, and has the best performances.

And yes I've read the books so don't start in with that shit. The first Dune reads like the fucking Bible which is what Hebert was influenced by.

Cybsled

Bowie is cool and all, but I never thought Labyrinth was the best Henson production.

Preferred the Dark Crystal much more.
It is fairly telling that when the Henson kids sold off all the Henson properties, the only ones they kept were Labyrinth, Dark Crystal, and Farscape. The fact they recognized those were the best ones give some hope
wink.png

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Just think if we're lucky enough to make it to 80 we will see Team America, The Matrix, shit like that.

But I will genuinely have my grand mal, go fuck yourself, piss and shit myself heart-attack when I see on my Mastubate4500! machine that Disney has acquired the rights to the Shawshank Redemption.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think the fact that they have been remaking so many 80s classics is a testament more to the fact that the 80s were probably the greatest decade ever in film than the fact that Hollywood just wants to cash in.

Embrace the 80s!!!

Jait

Molten Core Raider
There ya go. Bringing fucking logic into this thread. This is why we can't have nice things. Err. Well we can that's the problem so in our 30s and 40s our disposable income is the pvp assist priority for corporations. But they need to stop aiming at the feels. I'll buy anything else.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Ok I want to see what hot garbage they came up with. I'm riveted for some footage. I love watching train wrecks in action.

Cybsled

I located some articles which clarify this will technically be a sequel and not a pure reboot, which makes me think the overall theme will still be similar to the 1st movie. My guess is that the Goblin King in this one will end up being the Son of Jereth and they'll name drop him+Sarah (heck, maybe he'll be the son of both of them), but the general plot overall be similar to the 1st film.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Yes. As Queen Astoas. She has a very strange scepter. And she's quite sad. Hopefully our hero will heal her heart.

Column_sl

shitlord
They were working on a Dark Crystal sequel for awhile, not sure what happened with that. Probly ran out of money.