Ladysmith Black Mambazo School of Music

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Everyone needs to stop being racist omg! Everyone is being so problematic and toxic!

HOW DARE YOU!

LOOK AT THIS WONDERFUL CULTURE.

The subtle movement. That elevates the crowds mood. The wonderous tones from the flute that no one but the best can play.

HOW DARE YOU!

• 5Barf
  • 3Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 9 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Whiile the above video does suck, you cannot discount the talent blacks gave to music. From shit like blues--->rock-----> jazz and soul which was pretty much invented by blacks, and even rap that all turned to gagster thuggeery bullshit, thats one thing you cannot take away from blacks, their musical talent. Not to even menntion the many many masters in their respective musical instruments over the past decades and the iconic voices they also gave us.

• 2Like
  • 2Seriously?
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 7 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
thats one thing you cannot take away from blacks, their musical talent.
I actually COULD take that away, but similar to other things that I say here that would just get rickshawed, it would be a long and pedantic tussle that no one here cares about :)

Enjoy that 4 on the floor rhythm you feel with your favorite band on the radio though. That's the majestic beauty of music; all opinions are valid, and yet, behind the veil of ignorance, a C rises to a higher G... a perfect fifth... harmony.... balance... then a crash of realization with the E going to an Eb

Ugh... I'm doing it already... k I'll stop~

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I actually COULD take that away, but similar to other things that I say here that would just get rickshawed, it would be a long and pedantic tussle that no one here cares about :)

Enjoy that 4 on the floor rhythm you feel with your favorite band on the radio though. That's the majestic beauty of music; all opinions are valid, and yet, behind the veil of ignorance, a C rises to a higher G... a perfect fifth... harmony.... balance... then a crash of realization with the E going to an Eb

Ugh... I'm doing it already... k I'll stop~
669AB6EB-DBB7-46FB-BBB1-BA09A0571BA6.jpeg

Seems relevant.

• 4Worf
  • 1Repost
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Whiile the above video does suck, you cannot discount the talent blacks gave to music. From shit like blues--->rock-----> jazz and soul which was pretty much invented by blacks, and even rap that all turned to gagster thuggeery bullshit, thats one thing you cannot take away from blacks, their musical talent. Not to even menntion the many many masters in their respective musical instruments over the past decades and the iconic voices they also gave us.

Are you making a one step forward, 18 steps back post just so we have one?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Going to take a guess, black people didn't invent any of that shit either.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Hey guys, did you know that our sports teams wouldn’t be as good without blacks? Definitely worth all of the murder, crime, and general societal decay.

• 6Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Naw. The problem is that the black people that did great musical work or great work in general ended up being ostracized and bred out in the community by Obama phone blacks.

Malcolm X would puke in his own mouth at the shit he’s see now. He may have been a racist motherfucker, but he had standards.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I dunno if this was just sarcasm too subtle for me, but you just talked about the musical contribution of blacks while also bringing up rap.
1621346650238.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they also make the best chicken and ribs i have ever had. as hard as i try, i cant cook ribs or chicken like them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Going to take a guess, black people didn't invent any of that shit either.
the instruments, no, the songs, not originally. the way they were played and sung, eh they probably did "invent" those things. although the style of music they invented is all but dead now and for the last 20 years we have had some terrible autotune shit where these people can no loner play the instruments, write the songs or perform them in a musical fashion without computer enhancement or white people influence. modern black music is about as black culture as taco bell is to mexico..

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the instruments, no, the songs, not originally. the way they were played and sung, eh they probably did "invent" those things. although the style of music they invented is all but dead now and for the last 20 years we have had sme terrible autotune shit where these people can no loner play the instruments, write the songs or perform them in a musical fashion without computer enhancement or white people influence. modern black music is about as black culture as taco bell is to mexico..
It’s like the difference between Strange Fruit and WAP. Frankly, white culture is equally as devoid of talent now. It’s just a big fucking shitshow waiting on a meteor.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, plenty of talent out there, its just not mainstream. Mainstream seemed to be taken over by low quality hip hop bullshit over the last 20 or so years. Some of which they cant even fucking sing wiothout auto tuners on their voices. Its cringe.

• 1Truth!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It’s like the difference between Strange Fruit and WAP. Frankly, white culture is equally as devoid of talent now. It’s just a big fucking shitshow waiting on a meteor.
yeah, well they fall into the same trap. get some beautiful person who can mimic talent well enough and then just run some computer software that turns them into a superstar overnight. i dont listen to new music anymore. the oldies station has nostalgia and talent. like Homer Simpsons said,

• 1Solidarity

Mrs. Haus

Angry Redhead
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, well they fall into the same trap. get some beautiful person who can mimic talent well enough and then just run some computer software that turns them into a superstar overnight. i dont listen to new music anymore. the oldies station has nostalgia and talent. like Homer Simpsons said,
Exactly. I don't listen to any music after 1999. It's not music, its just computer, algorithmic generated bs with crappy lyrics. I watched a documentary of a dude showing that, with the advent of some music software in the early aughts, all commercial music these days pretty much uses some computer formula that doesn't allow deviation or improvisation.

When people mention a current singer or band, I legit have no idea who they are. I used to listen to the oldies station here, but they actually stopped playing real oldies and now just play 80's and 90's stuff. I like that music, but there were already 2 stations that play classic rock versus oldies so now I just download to or stream music from my phone. I hate commercials anyway.

• 2Like
  • 1Slow

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Exactly. I don't listen to any music after 1999. It's not music, its just computer, algorithmic generated bs with crappy lyrics. I watched a documentary of a dude showing that, with the advent of some music software in the early aughts, all commercial music these days pretty much uses some computer formula that doesn't allow deviation or improvisation.

When people mention a current singer or band, I legit have no idea who they are. I used to listen to the oldies station here, but they actually stopped playing real oldies and now just play 80's and 90's stuff. I like that music, but there were already 2 stations that play classic rock versus oldies so now I just download to or stream music from my phone. I hate commercials anyway.
i guess i'm lucky, i have 2 classic rocks stations near me and one actual oldies station. i dont think they play anything later than the 70s. which is fucking fine with me. my parents played those songs on their classic rock station back when i was a kid so my house was full of those old songs growing up. the classic rock stations will occasionally play some hair metal. once i even heard Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" on there. when i was a kid. rock stations avoided all metal like the plague, so now it gives me an ironic chuckle when i hear metal on classic rock.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
i guess i'm lucky, i have 2 classic rocks stations near me and one actual oldies station. i dont think they play anything later than the 70s. which is fucking fine with me. my parents played those songs on their classic rock station back when i was a kid so my house was full of those old songs growing up. the classic rock stations will occasionally play some hair metal. once i even heard Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" on there. when i was a kid. rock stations avoided all metal like the plague, so now it gives me an ironic chuckle when i hear metal on classic rock.
YEah they even play shit like older Metallica ride the lightning/master of puppets stuff, I do the same... Laugh my ass of since at the time no radio station would even touch Metallica evil satan music.

• 1Like