Ladysmith Black Mambazo School of Music

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Essentially, I'd never flex on a random person with music theory knowledge in that manner but Phaz is my new Hodj so to speak so its... look, whatever. The point was to utterly shit on him (mission successful, he'll never learn)

Point is, music is something that I'd consider a gift from God... the very nature of earthly music being ABLE to be created via waves in the air (molecules) to allow us this delight here on this existence (there is no music in space!) and for us to be able to slice into the overtones of every fundamental pitch whether it be the shape of a pipe (flute), a bell (trombone), or a string (lyre) and it all be exactly perfect like math is..... divine. Literally divine.

So while people can just enjoy the sound of vibrations smacking against their eardrums, there is, similar to any endeavor that has propelled our curiosity further and further out... a theory of music and it is both subjective and objective.

How this all ties into wakandan music? We built the fundamentals, they sampled it creatively. Literally to this day, this is what is happening. I could expound but y'all don't give a shit, really, do ya? :)

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
british library musician by GIF IT UP

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This derail is so horrible I hope a 70 year old asian grandma gets sucker punched by some jogger tonight and cracks her head open on concrete so we can get back on track. Sorry grandma

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Spell a neapolitan chord in Eb
these are all stupid questions that can be answered by google.
Yes and see, google can answer Fb Ab Cb

But it's really Ab Cb Fb

Why? The true nature of why is something google can't answer. Why that Fb and why that inversion? It makes no sense on the outset. It's just an E. But then you fall into the trap of going up a fourth when you should be going up in thirds if you start at the base of E and go up Ab Cb, thereby having an awkward Ab 4/5 chord. So just make it thirds in E, right? E G# B No, because we're in the key of Eb. Flats like to stay flat and sharps like to stay sharp in the neighborhood... enharmonic spelling be damned. So the Fb (which most novices might just fall into the trap of calling E) is the correct root of the Neapolitan chord, but Ab since it's commonly played in 1st inversion.

Don't wade into music theory in this thread. Wrong place for it.
Any thread where Phaz sticks his neck out for the chopping is the right thread to wade into, I'm afraid. Sorry.

bullshit to spout
...sure.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Not the first tranny I've had make that claim this week.

It's like they get share blue updates for bullshit to spout

Better than most. Lol
Yeah a condition that makes you interpret reality incorrectly....... on a tranny. Actually one of his more plausible claims.

• 1Worf

Airisch

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What the fuck did you guys to spin off to from my racism?

Everyone can suck my big fat cock.

• 1Worf

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Yeah a condition that makes you interpret reality incorrectly....... on a tranny. Actually one of his more plausible claims.
You're Salieri, standing there with all the other "wigs" watching me improv on your ape brain. If you don't know what I'm talking about, that makes it MORE funny.

Sevens

Log Wizard
Jesus fucking christ, another thread derailed by Vanessa to make his self the center of attention
GG

Vanessa.jpg

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yes and see, google can answer Fb Ab Cb

But it's really Ab Cb Fb

Why? The true nature of why is something google can't answer. Why that Fb and why that inversion? It makes no sense on the outset. It's just an E. But then you fall into the trap of going up a fourth when you should be going up in thirds if you start at the base of E and go up Ab Cb, thereby having an awkward Ab 4/5 chord. So just make it thirds in E, right? E G# B No, because we're in the key of Eb. Flats like to stay flat and sharps like to stay sharp in the neighborhood... enharmonic spelling be damned. So the Fb (which most novices might just fall into the trap of calling E) is the correct root of the Neapolitan chord, but Ab since it's commonly played in 1st inversion.

Any thread where Phaz sticks his neck out for the chopping is the right thread to wade into, I'm afraid. Sorry.

...sure.

No, it's about resolution. The laws of resolution make that particular chord unique, and it can resolve in three directions.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
People bitching about hip-hop being total shit are a bunch of fucking white-breads who never liked the genre in the first place.
Its literally just talking in an aggressive or sing-song way while repetitive noises play in the background. No shit, we never liked the genre in the first place.

Rap / hip hop /whatever you want to call the shit is the musical equivalent of the kid who was already growing a mustache in elementary school, and when the teacher assigned him to write a poem, instead just down wrote a bunch of the insults he heard once that he thought sounded tough, and handed it in and called it a new kind of poetry.

Then a bunch of goddam idiots spent a couple decades pretending it was art.