Las Vegas

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ya, I reckon I'm going to pull the trigger this weekend on the wraparound terrace suite - Just can't get over the idea of a balcony/outdoor terrace looking out over the Bellagio fountains. The half naked hot chicks will only serve to infuriate the missus, so crazy jealous sex should be on the cards. Thanks for the tips!
you should come to SOE live big dog.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Regime, I'm going to require we go to Hash House a Go-Go atleast once for breakfast. The only other thing I require is an Asian massage parlor, I will not require your presence for this excursion, Just your bail money.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Regime, I'm going to require we go to Hash House a Go-Go atleast once for breakfast. The only other thing I require is an Asian massage parlor, I will not require your presence for this excursion, Just your bail money.
I always go to Hash House a Go-Go.

Maple Bacon Pancakes ftw

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
The maple butter biscuits at the Harley Davidson diner on the main strip were awesome too. I really wasn't expecting that, but it was delicious. I don't even like maple syrup.

Hekotat

Anyone have any promo codes or tips on getting cheaper flights? Trying to book my flight and I can't find anything under 400 bucks which seems pretty damn high.

Hekotat

8/14 to 8/17, DFW or DAL love field.

Would like to land before around 2pm on 8/14, no real preference on 8/17 as long as it isn't super early or real late in the afternoon.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Best I can find after a quick search is $323 on Kayak.com. Southwest usually has great fares to Vegas (you have to use their site, though), but they're sitting right around $400 right now.

I'd probably wait until the beginning of August to buy these tickets if the $323 flight times wont work for you.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
You can set price alerts on Kayak. Do that and wait a bit. Summer weekends shouldn't be priced so high for Vegas unless there's some crazy convention going on at the time. Looks like there's a 10.5k person convention coming in on the 16th, which is large but that's the only one that weekend. You should be fine waiting for better tickets.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Did you check Allegient Airlines? They usually only have a couple flights a week to any given place, but if you can live with their dates they are usually cheap as hell and they don't come up on places like Kayak.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did you check Allegient Airlines? They usually only have a couple flights a week to any given place, but if you can live with their dates they are usually cheap as hell and they don't come up on places like Kayak.
lol just make sure to not go over 25 lbs

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My brother-in-law, his wife, and daughter (7 years old) will be coming to visit my wife and I in December (last 2 weeks). It sounds like they'll be flying into Las Vegas, and we'll drive to meet them (we're about 3.5 hours away). I've only ever been to Vegas for the airport, so I need some advice.

For my wife and I, we don't gamble nor drink much, so we're mostly just interested in shows and food (that's more me, she doesn't care about food).

• What are the must see shows? It sounds like Ka is pretty high on the list.
  • What hotels meet our needs? I don't have exact dates yet, but the MGM looks like it'd be cheap ($70-100 a night) in December. Is the location passable? Ka is there, so that's a plus. I'm not sure travelling for shows is a huge concern though. Is it close to restaurants? Are there other hotels we should look into?
  • What restaurants/buffets do we absolutely have to go to? Depending on how long we're there, I wouldn't mind hitting a buffet. My wife and I are pretty cheap though, so the likelihood that we'll drop $100+ for the two of us on food is quite low.

Fow now, I'll assume we'll be there 2-3 days. We're close enough that any advice could possibly extend to other trips though.
Ok, so they booked their flight. Going to be doing Vegas from 20-23 December, before heading to our place. The wife and I will be driving there Saturday afternoon. Staying at a suite at Vdara, which I haven't seen anyone mention (seen Aria mentioned though).

So for meals I'm thinking a breakfast at Hash House A Go Go and either Bellagio or Wicken Spoon buffet, with a third breakfast still up in the air.
I'd also like to hit up BurGR, but otherwise I don't know shit about other places I need to eat. I may just leave that up to them since it's their vacation and we can just go with it.

For shows, my brother-in-law wants to take his niece to Blue Man Group at a Cirque show. I'm thinking do Ka on Saturday and BMG on Sunday. It seems like they're already selling tickets for BMG for that day and it's like 2/3 sold out though. What the fuck is that about? Anyway, can anyone recommend a good place to sit for BMG? I've heard good things about Penn and Teller, and we could do that on Monday night, but I'm unsure if that'd be a good show for an almost 8 year old girl to see.

Hekotat

Ka is excellent, the engineering of the entire stage/theater is mind blowing. Make sure you stick around in the concession area before heading to your seats, two guys will come out and play these massive violins stretching the length of the entrance. It was quite an experience, most people miss it. It's also kid safe.

DO NOT pass up Hash House, that place kicks mucho ass!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Burgr rules I will go there at least twice for my week stay. Oreo creme br?l?e son.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Just got back from vegas, I really enjoyed KA

Our splurge steak night was at Delmonico steak house, both the wife and I had the lobster bisque and the filet and it was one of the best meals of my life. Service was excellent with 3 waiters tag teaming us. We had one drink each and it came to $180, compared to other high end steakhouses that's solid value. it is located in the Venetian/palazzo walkway. It's owed by Emirl, who is that guy who yells BAM. We wanted to try the new Ramsey steak house in Paris but it had horrible online reviews and looked kinda crummy when we walked (based on the price point)

The best surprise we had was @ culinary dropouts @ the hard rock. One of the best burgers I have ever had, my wife had grill cheese sliders, (with bacon and tomato) she can't stop talking about them. They bake all their own bread and make the best patatoe chips in house, we hit it at happy hour so $3 Stella's was very nice.