Last Epoch

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Agree that this game felt weird coming straight from Grim Dawn. GD is extremely polished and feels perfect to me for an ARPG. There’s a couple things you can try that may help with LE. One that took me a while to realize is the left click button you can assign to both move plus any of your assigned skills if targeting a mob. The other is in the options there is a “classic targeting” check box that changes how it works to feel more like a traditional ARPG. I don’t really know what that does as I haven’t tried it.

My favorite way to play is with a controller (8bitdo pro 2 is sick) when playing the action portion. When it comes to navigating menus, selling, picking skills, map, etc I switch to KBM.

Cool. I'll check out that "classic targeting" option and see. Honestly today I shelved it and went back to GD to finish off the main story and plus LE is now crashing once again at the same spot even on Lowest graphics options. At the beginning I saw the Move + Skill for Left Mouse but it still doesn't seem to operate similar to other ARPG in that it doesn't determine if your mouse hits an enemy while holding it down and automatically switch from move to attack without me releasing it and clicking on the mob. There's no transition without restarting the click. And I can't click on a damn thing in this game for some reason which, again, didn't seem an issue in GD b/c you can just hold Left Mouse down and move it from one end of the screen to the other and it'll do the correct action.

Anyways, if I can get it stable enough I'll go back because it was cool. Oh, a lot of this became much better when I realized just holding down the Q button worked for attack and using the mouse to aim. Which in retrospect seems obvious and why I said 95% of it is probably my fault. That helped. Maybe give controller a shot and see.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finally going to jump on this now that it's on sale for 20% off during the xmas sale. Anyone know if this build is as good as Boardman21 says it is (for a starter character)?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally going to jump on this now that it's on sale for 20% off during the xmas sale. Anyone know if this build is as good as Boardman21 says it is (for a starter character)?

Looks pretty good, and it has a ton of health

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I have one of those, yes it’s good. I enjoy my I’m real blades rogue better but for your first class I’d do the autobomber instead.

Make sure you look at the leveling video first though because leveling is using different skills completely. It’s a pretty fun class to level, spin to win. I didn’t really follow his leveling guide to a T as I have some noob gear that helped so I didn’t really need to. The best thing about that build is you don’t really need gear though, so it’s probably the best first class for someone starting out.

Warpath is the skill you use to level, go for the skill in the warpath tree that lowers the mana cost. Once it’s maxed it doesn’t cost any mana. Then go for the move speed while spinning. You’re just a lawnmower once you have those two things maxed out.

Edit: This is the video you want to follow before switching to the one you linked.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Also Vorph Vorph make sure you put in his loot filter right off the bat. It takes about five seconds to do and it’s immensely better. Copy it from his paste bin, press Shift F in game, then there’s a button that says “paste loot filter” or something like that. That’s it, just rename it to autobomber so you don’t use it on another class in the future on accident.

It keeps purples (exalted) greens (sets) and oranges (unique) as normal. Hides shit for other class you should ignore anyways. Recolors “junk” items that have good affixes for you to be breaking down for crafting materials in the forge. It also slightly recolors idols you’ll want to keep, which are mainly +health and vitality. Vitality will be your #1 stat on that build by a lot, stack as much as possible.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
5 minutes to launch this and get in game from pressing "start" in Steam. Kind of ridiculous.

Also would be nice if they fixed it to where hub locations don't erase the map exploration each time it loads.

Vorph

That's sounds like something's broken. I just timed launching GFN and then the game and even that was under 2 minutes. On my PC at home it's only a little bit slower than loading up PoE, maybe 30 seconds or so.

Definitely agree about the map needing work though.

------------------------------
The void knight build is pretty good, but switching from warpath to full void is a bit rough at 42. Mostly due to me finding a couple nice unique 2H weapons but nothing but trash for 2H staffs. I guess it's time to figure out some basic crafting stuff.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it is very strange. Runs just fine once I get in at usually 100+ FPS if I drop a few things. Just that initial kick off that takes a while. Only thing that does it. GD, Dark Souls, Chorus, all the recent stuff I've played open right up.

Just hit 35 on mine and enjoying it. Been faceroll easy compared to the previous lightning mage one I started with.

Vorph

I swear the game is actively trolling me now, as I'm trying to get things setup for the swap from Warpath to Anomaly.

Got this sword around L35 or so:
Screenshot 2021-12-24 142612.png

And just now, this body armor dropped:
Screenshot 2021-12-24 142545.png

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That's sounds like something's broken. I just timed launching GFN and then the game and even that was under 2 minutes. On my PC at home it's only a little bit slower than loading up PoE, maybe 30 seconds or so.

Definitely agree about the map needing work though.

------------------------------
The void knight build is pretty good, but switching from warpath to full void is a bit rough at 42. Mostly due to me finding a couple nice unique 2H weapons but nothing but trash for 2H staffs. I guess it's time to figure out some basic crafting stuff.
That’s a little early to switch over isn’t it? Usually the build switches are 50+ so you are at least starting with your final skill tree unlocked. That void sword is fine for the autobomber I think. There’s a node you take that doubles void penetration or damage or something if you have a 2Her (I think), and a node that makes it so shield rush does not need a shield equipped. I don’t use a shield in my autobomber, 2Her is just too nice.

You also want to level higher to get your minimum point level up before switching. Anomaly is kind of lame at first (compared to warpath) so you definitely want as many points to start as you can.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
5 minutes to launch this and get in game from pressing "start" in Steam. Kind of ridiculous.

Also would be nice if they fixed it to where hub locations don't erase the map exploration each time it loads.
That’s really long, mine takes less than a minute. You on a spin drive? Not really sure what would cause that but that would piss me off. I have had my pc reboot several times while playing this. Sometimes it’ll go for a few days/sessions without a problem then like today it happened twice. No idea what’s triggering it, performance seems fine, temps are fine. Not sure what to run to try to figure it out.

What do you mean the map locations are erasing? Is it zoomed out a little and just showing you the main zones? The best way to deal with the map is just click the quest you want to do from the list on the left when you pull the map up then it moves the map to that location and zoomed in. Took me a while to realize I could even do that. Scrolling around the map looking for stuff sucks.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
That’s really long, mine takes less than a minute.

What do you mean the map locations are erasing? Is it zoomed out a little and just showing you the main zones? The best way to deal with the map is just click the quest you want to do from the list on the left when you pull the map up then it moves the map to that location and zoomed in. Took me a while to realize I could even do that. Scrolling around the map looking for stuff sucks.

I mean the fog on the mini map resets so it looks like it is the first you you ever visited the End of Time, every time. And happens in a couple of other locations too.

No clue on the whole crash / load time thing. Not a big deal, it is still EA so won't complain too much.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I mean the fog on the mini map resets so it looks like it is the first you you ever visited the End of Time, every time. And happens in a couple of other locations too.

No clue on the whole crash / load time thing. Not a big deal, it is still EA so won't complain too much.
Ah yeah. That is kind of dumb in the hubs. The maps aren’t random so I don’t get the point of that. The mobs reset but the layouts never do. Hasn’t really bothered me as you learn all the maps (even in the echos where it makes sense to reset the fog) to the point walking in a quick circle you know which way you’re going to go.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So, I unlocked a big jump in monolith lvl, but I still have the quest to go explore the previous lower level one further. Worth doing? blessings?

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Bowmage with an arrow guard and thone of ambition is the best build I've played so far. Speed clears monoliths. Melts bosses. Very tanky

So, I unlocked a big jump in monolith lvl, but I still have the quest to go explore the previous lower level one further. Worth doing? blessings?

Run them as empowered for the quests. The blessings are better. Well, if you even need/want those blessings. You may already have the core ones for your build. Farming something like Throne of ambition in stolen lance might be the way to go--it's a fast one too.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Bowmage with an arrow guard and thone of ambition is the best build I've played so far. Speed clears monoliths. Melts bosses. Very tanky

Run them as empowered for the quests. The blessings are better. Well, if you even need/want those blessings. You may already have the core ones for your build. Farming something like Throne of ambition in stolen lance might be the way to go--it's a fast one too.
I have read nothing about how to actually progress in game...i play it a short amount of time every few days and just kills shit.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
I have read nothing about how to actually progress in game...i play it a short amount of time every few days and just kills shit.
Rush to the 4 monoliths up top to unlock the lvl 100s. Go farm the blessings you need/want. Farm the times you want by progressing corruption as high as you can in the right regions. Do the new dungeon to make legendaries and farm items.

The monolith farming feels similar to PoE's Synthesis map to me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Rolled a rogue to goof around and had like four legendary items drop in the first few levels. Blowing shit up, fun class.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it is very strange. Runs just fine once I get in at usually 100+ FPS if I drop a few things. Just that initial kick off that takes a while. Only thing that does it. GD, Dark Souls, Chorus, all the recent stuff I've played open right up.

Just hit 35 on mine and enjoying it. Been faceroll easy compared to the previous lightning mage one I started with.

Do you have a corsair keyboard?

If so, once you launch it and you're waiting, unplug it and see if it loads up immediately (then plug it back in).

My Corsair is a piece of shit that's been nothing but problems on launching tons of games like this. Unplugging it and plugging back in is the fix.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah they’re all worth doing. You can do them out of order, doesn’t matter. The bosses in the monoliths all have unique loot drop tables, so you can farm them all for specific items that only drop from them. One build I have needs an item from a non-empowered boss from the flame monolith for example. Also good for the blessings of course.

Also, once you beat the four at the top that all connect to the center island with nothing on it, go to that center island. It will unlock empowered monoliths. So now whenever you start any of the monoliths, even the low one you’ve skipped, you can do an empowered version of it, which is level 100 and starts with 100 corruption (non empowered have 0-50 corruption). The blessings for beating them are better, the loot drops are better and more frequent, the bosses have new unique tables. They’re tough but fun. One time I cleared a screen and had four uniques and two exalted drop, it was raining loot!

• 1Like