Last Epoch

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Do you have a corsair keyboard?

If so, once you launch it and you're waiting, unplug it and see if it loads up immediately (then plug it back in).

My Corsair is a piece of shit that's been nothing but problems on launching tons of games like this. Unplugging it and plugging back in is the fix.

No, just a 10 keyless Keychron or whatever, no additional software. That sucks though. Not even sure I installed my Razor software for the mouse. And I'd post on their support forums but it would just be "Have you reinstalled Windows?" Which I'm just not interested in doing right now.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Do you have a corsair keyboard?

If so, once you launch it and you're waiting, unplug it and see if it loads up immediately (then plug it back in).

My Corsair is a piece of shit that's been nothing but problems on launching tons of games like this. Unplugging it and plugging back in is the fix.
You sure it isn't the USB port?

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
You sure it isn't the USB port?

It's not. It's a common problem reported by a lot of people, and it happened to me across three machines on Windows 10 and Windows 11. When software does an input device check/HID check, it's either the keyboard itself, or iCUE takes a long-ass time actually returning something to the call, but it's intermittent and doesn't always happen. This has been in issue going on 3 years now.

"The only work around that she has figured out is to reach back and unplug her keyboard until her character is fully loaded in then plug it back in."

"To fix the keyboard I need to unplug the USB and plug it back in. The only fixes for a few minutes though. I have tried using every USB slot I have (2.0, 3.0, powered 3.0 USB hubs) and nothing changes."

"I closed steam and tried to load the game controller panel in Windows 10 - even the system simply polling the controller for that caused it to seize up...until I unplugged the keyboard of curiosity and desperation, and the game controller panel suddenly sprang to life. Ditto games that would freeze/lock up, unplugging the keyboard would resolve it instantly. If I re-plug the keyboard after the game launches it would sometimes work fine for a bit but eventually it would freeze up requiring me to unplug the keyboard."

"So the last 4 times that my system froze ( 3 times during gaming sessions, one time during music production work), I unplugged all 3 USB cables for the corsair mouse, keyboard, and mouse pad. A few seconds later, my system unlocked and became responsive again. I could then plug the Corsair items back in and everything would be back to normal."

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It's not. It's a common problem reported by a lot of people, and it happened to me across three machines on Windows 10 and Windows 11. When software does an input device check/HID check, it's either the keyboard itself, or iCUE takes a long-ass time actually returning something to the call, but it's intermittent and doesn't always happen. This has been in issue going on 3 years now.

ICue is a giant piece of shit, a huge resource hog, and the #1 reason I dumped all my Corsair shit (still use their PSUs). They make good products, but their software is total ass.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
ICue is a giant piece of shit, a huge resource hog, and the #1 reason I dumped all my Corsair shit (still use their PSUs). They make good products, but their software is total ass.

Truth, though honestly I'm finding this with more and more shit that requires software to function. I have a 5950X and I kept getting concerned that my NZXT cooler was defective, because it would get to 88-90c under load, which caused once or twice for the CPU to drop to safety voltages (which I posted in another thread). NZXT Cam said everything was just peachy. I ended up ditching the cooler and buying a really generic one that requires no software whatsoever to function, and my CPU has yet to break 75c with this new cooler. I gave my cooler to NZXT for warranty RMA and they sent it back saying there were zero issues with it they could find.

This all ties into my post here.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fresh install of Windows 10, Steam, LE, graphics driver with nothing else really running and still crashing. Going to move it to the SSD instead of the game drive and see if that helps anything. Not sure if I should use the "Move" command in Steam or do another re-download in install. Will probably end up doing both.

*okay yeah moving to SSD launching and loading the game is like under a minute easy.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fresh install of Windows 10, Steam, LE, graphics driver with nothing else really running and still crashing. Going to move it to the SSD instead of the game drive and see if that helps anything. Not sure if I should use the "Move" command in Steam or do another re-download in install. Will probably end up doing both.

*okay yeah moving to SSD launching and loading the game is like under a minute easy.
Man how is your SSD not your game drive? It’s the best gaming improvement.

• 2Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Man how is your SSD not your game drive? It’s the best gaming improvement.

I think from a while back when everything got moved over to my new build I never set it up to put the Steam library back on the SSD. Before I had everything running off a RAID SSD but when I moved it all in to the Fractal case I just left it alone and used 1 drive. Can’t really remember why. For a while I’ve been playing last Gen stuff and pixel stuff so it hasn’t really bothered me too much. Might try and keep one main game on there for now bc yeah, really drives home how much quicker it is.

In other news still crashing. Now testing with just one monitor. Every time it crashes the 2nd monitor goes out and doesn’t recover until I power cycle it. So we’ll see if just leaving it out helps anything. Maybe that port in the 980 is going bad or the monitor. We’ll see.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

25c4edbc-2577-4d08-bf50-ef04b4c1a4ba_text.gif

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Welp, after only going so far as putting in the tip into this game since it was in Alpha, I've decided to give it another go. I've always used Warpath and Void Knight to level, so I am going to try out that autobomber build you guys posted - that is, essentially, what drew me back.

I seem to recall getting to the endgame in an earlier iteration, but dabbling only momentarily. With no desire to play PoE before the next league, this should serve as a good filler.

My only gripe so far is the respawn when you port back to town. Not sure the reason for that, but I find it annoying.

The game has come a long way even since I last played.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The auto bomber is fun, that’s what I’ve done up to about 70. Honestly think it’d be more fun sticking with Warpath and not switching or maybe finding a hybrid of the two. Now that I’ve started doing monos maybe I can learn how to respec and craft and play with builds

Also apparently EHG said there was a known issue with the Unity crashing I and a few others are experiencing and they’ll be looking in to it.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Welp, after only going so far as putting in the tip into this game since it was in Alpha, I've decided to give it another go. I've always used Warpath and Void Knight to level, so I am going to try out that autobomber build you guys posted - that is, essentially, what drew me back.

I seem to recall getting to the endgame in an earlier iteration, but dabbling only momentarily. With no desire to play PoE before the next league, this should serve as a good filler.

My only gripe so far is the respawn when you port back to town. Not sure the reason for that, but I find it annoying.

The game has come a long way even since I last played.
Zones respawn every time you leave them, town or not. I actually prefer it, if you want to farm it’s much easier than rebooting the game for a respawn. Zones are small enough you can rush through them whether mobs are there or not too.

Warpath to autobomber is pretty fun. I liked leveling up with warpath more than I like playing autobomber. It’s great for farming for your next builds but you don’t really do anything other than dash.

• 2Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they’d save that for last. Rework the alpha mobs, finish the last three classes, fix the crashing, add missing art, get the main game done. Then optimize. Then for the “out of early access” patch, add the final story content and release multiplayer.

I was playing the hell out of this last week while laid up with covid. The crashing of my entire computer every so often sucked but I kept on. The last one I had though my pc didn’t want to reboot properly though so I’m holding off on playing again until some crash fix patches come through.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
So how is this compared to Grim Dawn? I'm really enjoying the story and atmosphere or GD, but LE looks much prettier and plays smoother from everything I've seen.

Kaines

Potato Supreme
So how is this compared to Grim Dawn? I'm really enjoying the story and atmosphere or GD, but LE looks much prettier and plays smoother from everything I've seen.
Grim Dawn is a fully polished game with excellent expansions. LE is still early access with certain classes still to even he introduced. Right now the only real comparison you can make is gameplay loop and graphics. To me they feel about the same in those respects.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Grim Dawn is a fully polished game with excellent expansions. LE is still early access with certain classes still to even he introduced. Right now the only real comparison you can make is gameplay loop and graphics. To me they feel about the same in those respects.

Coming straight off a newbie to Grim Dawn and only about 100 hrs in it (which is a small fraction of actual time), Last Epoch seems accessible. I've enjoyed it. One major difference though is that the maps in LE aren't nearly as involved as GD. As Kaines mentions though it is still early access. Not sure if they have plans to breathe more life in to them later. GD it was fun finding hidden paths, quests, and events off the main route and the maps and biomes could be pretty large. LE so far hasn't felt near as close to GD in that respect. I'm looking forward to the crash fixes and seeing everything come together.

• 2Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
GD is much more finished and polished, by a lot. If you’re still enjoying it I would recommend still waiting on LE development. If you’re burnt out on GD and ready to move on then give LE a shot. Be warned though it can cause some severe PC crashes still.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Mountain Biker

Trakanon Raider
I can't put my finger on it but something about the character movement in LE just feels off. Grim Dawn feels similar to D3, in that everything feels responsive. That's one thing I would love to see changed in LE.

• 1Like