Last Epoch

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think D3 honestly handled "multiplayer" the best. No real trading to speak of, hop in with your friends to blow up some shit if you want, or don't, and compare yourself on the leaderboards to the streamers.

PoE just has to drop trading and add some sort of leaderboard system - link it to delve depth or something. Problem is, that entire game is designed around the idea of trading. Trading in ARPGs should be random shit you throw to a friend because his build needs it more, or you want to try a new build yourself and found one of its defining items. Forced trading because rarity is so high or item tables are so clogged you can't possibly hope to get it solo? That's where PoE fails.

D3 really has the perfect ARPG mechanics for my playstyle. Problem is that it doesn't have nearly the depth of PoE, so I tend to get pretty bored after 2 weeks or so. If you could just meld the two, it'd be perfect.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
D3 has a terrible loot system. Like... completely wrong. To the point you don't even give a shit about loot because it's such a minor power enhancement that the only thing you care about are Paragon levels and augments. It's too far the other way. Way too far.

You get your set or your uniques for LoD builds in about 20 minutes, and then literally do not give a shit but still check in case its a slightly better ancient but... meh if it's not. You farm paragon and gem levels, not loot. It's not a good game. it's fine for 2 weeks at a time to complete a season journey and other than that it's a shallow husk of what an ARPG can actually be.

• 2Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
D3 nailed the moment-to-moment gameplay. Essentially everything else was sub-par.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
D3 nailed the moment-to-moment gameplay. Essentially everything else was sub-par.
Yeah, pretty much this. The actual mechanics of rifts, "exploration" mode so you don't have to do a stupid fucking "main quest" every new fucking character like PoE, how skills feel/builds play, etc. all feels great. I even somewhat enjoy the "endless" progress of Paragon. It's just.. that's as far as it goes. Loot is shallow as hell, builds are shallow as hell, etc.

Like I said, if you could take the depth/amount of content of PoE and mash it with most of D3s systems, that's just about the ideal ARPG for me.

Khane

You really should try Grim Dawn in spite of its lack of true multiplayer (you can still play with friends its just kind of a hassle)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You really should try Grim Dawn in spite of its lack of true multiplayer (you can still play with friends its just kind of a hassle)
Don’t you just set up an instance and they join it? That’s how it was last I did MP. Was easy back then.

Khane

Yes but you have to have the same mods enabled and its a bit buggy and weird sometimes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
never used mods, never had probs with the multiplayer ever

last epoch multiplayer wait feels like... eternity

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve used the rainbow item mod but never had any problems with MP. My dad used no mods and we always connected fine.

I guess the type of mod that you actually need to select which game you’re playing would mess with it? The item mod works with the vanilla game and just changes fonts. I’ve installed other overhaul mods to check them out but never really played on them.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Grim Dawn is one of my favorite ARPG. I love the atmosphere, the music, the sounds, even the screen shake at times when I loathe screen shake in general....Its all done so well IMO. If you never played this game youre truly missing out.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I put alot of hours into GD - great game with ok visuals - sound/audio is pretty nice -

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Grim Dawn is one of my favorite ARPG. I love the atmosphere, the music, the sounds, even the screen shake at times when I loathe screen shake in general....Its all done so well IMO. If you never played this game youre truly missing out.
There’s a screen shake toggle in options, gameplay tab if you didn’t know.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
New patch dropping tomorrow, going to have new end game dungeon, revamped crafting and legendaries which both look really well done. Plus a bunch of other stuff

• 2Like

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Been needing a filler game for a while and started playing this again. Really enjoyable for the most part, made a VK and got up to lvl 80 pretty quick.

Made a shield dash Devouring orb build that lets you basically run around on speed crack just stopping to pick up loot and smite for single target bosses when you aren't on the move. Pretty fun not going to lie.

just getting into new crafting, seems decent and much more positive experience then fracturing psychologically even if it's probably simile results.

Figured id get them game figured out some
Before MP comes out, may finally be in place I can commit a lot of time towards a Arpg when it's released. Devs have done an amazing job improving the game and listening to feedback for the most part so really hopping this is a Grim Dawn story with MP etc. I just hope they ideally find a way to keep things relevant without leagues, I never really liked the direction of league, I like perpetual games that your long time investment has correlation with what you have.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Been needing a filler game for a while and started playing this again. Really enjoyable for the most part, made a VK and got up to lvl 80 pretty quick.

Made a shield dash Devouring orb build that lets you basically run around on speed crack just stopping to pick up loot and smite for single target bosses when you aren't on the move. Pretty fun not going to lie.

just getting into new crafting, seems decent and much more positive experience then fracturing psychologically even if it's probably simile results.

Figured id get them game figured out some
Before MP comes out, may finally be in place I can commit a lot of time towards a Arpg when it's released. Devs have done an amazing job improving the game and listening to feedback for the most part so really hopping this is a Grim Dawn story with MP etc. I just hope they ideally find a way to keep things relevant without leagues, I never really liked the direction of league, I like perpetual games that your long time investment has correlation with what you have.
Same here, I don’t care for leagues. I understand how it keeps things fresh with rulesets, I just don’t like the idea of putting time in then it’s all gone. Plus I don’t have the time to anything meaningful in those short windows.

I started again yesterday, going for some kind of Druid build, idk what yet.

Link to your shield dash build? Probably won’t make them, just like reading good builds, may tag it for the future.