Last Epoch

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Do they have any kind of ETA for multiplayer or ladders etc?

Game looks dope but I don't wanna burn myself out grinding the singplayer before the 'real' game is available.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Just waiting on seasons really even though I have no time for games anymore. Multiplayer has no effect on me, I play aRPGs solo anyway.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Waiting on multi-player myself. The game is a lot of fun. It's my favorite arpg. I don't think we see seasons and ladders until the game goes live.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Do they have any kind of ETA for multiplayer or ladders etc?

Game looks dope but I don't wanna burn myself out grinding the singplayer before the 'real' game is available.
Ladders exist to an extent.

Multiplayer will likely only be done after everything else is in place. There is no ETA, but they had been doing a monthly multiplayer update. Last one was Sept, however.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This is, by far, my most favorite arpg I have played.

Im not a fanboy of any one design, company, or franchise and can find both the good and bad in all titles.

I usually play a beta for a few hours to see if I like the game and then base my purchase decision off of that and rarely put in more than a few hours.

Here I have over 300+ in a beta...which is absurd for me. In the beta state, its still the best arpg to me. I dont care that much about multiplayer as it will not be tuned for it and might only use it for trade...however chat channels already work so the game feels like multiplayer already.

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I think multiplayer is slated for .9. They're working on it, and seem to be making progress. But on the other hand- it's kinda whatever, I think. The ladders are in- but scuffed. I'm not sure this is going to be a multiplayer centric game. There are a lot of skills which are party oriented, but i'm not sure they'll be worth taking unless you are doing some kinda aurabot party comp. And they'd have to tune the mob density, HP, or output crazy hight to ever need all those.

That said- i'm near 300 hours too. It's a quite addictive as it is, still have some build percolating in my head that I'm wanting to start up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Most people who play these games dont give a shit about multiplayer. I know a few here and there do but Im willing to bet the vast majority of people play these arpg solo.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Why are they adding it then? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just hate for this game to make the same mistake PoE did. Continues to.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Why are they adding it then? I'm not saying you're wrong, I would just hate for this game to make the same mistake PoE did. Continues to.
More market share. Even if most prefer solo (not sure if that’s true) there’s still a market for multiplayer. Sell as much as you can.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Multiplayer isn't free. You either have to put effort into balancing around it or limiting its effects on single player. This is the mistake PoE continues to make. To be fair, they also get a huge benefit from trading. They don't have to put much effort into balancing drop rates for a single player as the trade economy will provide on macro levels.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Leveling or running through the story is fun in arpg multi but end game always sucks wang. Don't think any game has done it right.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The key to any ARPG endgame, probably any game actually, is to make it your own. Make a (stupid)arbitrary goal and stop playing after accomplishing that.

Burning out on mindless grinding is no way to appreciate a game. Is it a negative that the developer couldn't come up with something better? Sure. But, I mean, look at the type of players we are, we'll play anything to death.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think multiplayer is important from the standpoint of feeling like you're part of a "community", rather than just some mindless single-player experience. D3 doesn't really have much of an "online" aspect, but just being able to randomly get into a Rift group with people, leaderboards, etc. is enough.

Trading, "economies", etc. are stupid in ARPGs. But dick measuring and the ability to occasionally "team up" is very important, IMO.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

bolok

Trakanon Raider
It’ll be nice to trade things with my buds, but that’s pretty low on my totem pole of stuff to care about. Mp will get you server side characters for those that care about that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My opinion on this is that most people unwittingly believe they cant enjoy the game and experience all it has to offer without trading. This is almost definitely because of Diablo 2 and how long it took to figure out how to effectively farm. My opinion about this was reinforced when I, and many other people went back to D2R with the same assumptions based on lack of knowledge. The fact of the matter is in D2 specifically it's easier to get your ultra builds in offline single player. But most people dont know this and dont seek out the knowledge. ARPGs are traditionally some of the most nuanced games you could ever play, and the sweeping, majority opinion about almost all of them is you have to either trade or cheat to get anywhere.

And it's a bit foolish, as a game developer, to ignore your audience. Even if they are misguided. Plus, let's be honest... it's fun to hack and slash for loot with friends

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I only play MP games in general so i wont touch it until then. The only SP games i buy are RPGs - everything else i buy with the expectation of playing with gf or with friends. I dont feel i miss out on anything - if anything it makes it so im not bogged down with a backlog of things i want to play.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
My opinion on this is that most people unwittingly believe they cant enjoy the game and experience all it has to offer without trading. This is almost definitely because of Diablo 2 and how long it took to figure out how to effectively farm. My opinion about this was reinforced when I, and many other people went back to D2R with the same assumptions based on lack of knowledge. The fact of the matter is in D2 specifically it's easier to get your ultra builds in offline single player. But most people dont know this and dont seek out the knowledge. ARPGs are traditionally some of the most nuanced games you could ever play, and the sweeping, majority opinion about almost all of them is you have to either trade or cheat to get anywhere.

And it's a bit foolish, as a game developer, to ignore your audience. Even if they are misguided. Plus, let's be honest... it's fun to hack and slash for loot with friends

I think you are right, with a huge caveat.

The developer of the game must clearly state what they balance around and stick to that principle. If Last Epoch is built around single player self found with no trading then they must ignore how OP any multiplayer group builds or single player builds that rely on trading because of the rarity needed in each slot. Anything else will lead to PoE and D3 levels of dissatisfaction.