Last Epoch

turbo

Molten Core Raider
There current trade strategy is pretty well thought out honestly, not saying its perfect but it does address alot of issues that other games are plagued with. Never going to stop RMT with any direct farmable currency such as gold but overall I applaud the effort. Sure they will continue to tweak as people find ways to abuse. Also shows a good sign they are extremely open to community feedback as clearly they did not want to introduce trade to the game for a variety of reasons.

Now if I can get these fucktards to just realize clicking to pick common fucking shards instead of auto pick up is god damn fucking retarded. One more 21 yr old twat says "you want the game to play itself" and I'm going hunt the cunt down and curb stomp them. Flag the damn "rare" shards and have them require manual pick up to counter the "we want it to feel special" when you get something.

Later on it doesn't matter once you get so many but there is still some low drop rate shards that aren't flagged with the default color code change. Its annoying as fuck early on in the game especially when you are in need of shards.

Good news is if thats my biggest gripe about the game they are doing a good job overall haha.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Mage actually feels like a glass cannon now where before it felt extremely weak. Animations looks better all around as do spell effects and it feels really smooth in general.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Yeah the tweaked fx, especially the on death mob death ones make quite a bit of difference. The intro zones look SOO much better now, shame the further acts still need a pass.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yeah the tweaked fx, especially the on death mob death ones make quite a bit of difference. The intro zones look SOO much better now, shame the further acts still need a pass.

I'm wondering how much they are still holding back. Still some classes missing and they aren't dropping patch notes until closer to the 9th.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
I'm wondering how much they are still holding back. Still some classes missing and they aren't dropping patch notes until closer to the 9th.
the 9th is just the release of MP aka patch .9. Full release is still TBD

• 1Like

bolok

Trakanon Raider
Hmm, possibly. They are still holding back/working on other stuff was really all that I was making a point of.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's MP with timed, limited trading. Who cares. I'd rather just do a new playthrough in Grim Dawn.

Any new company and new game entering any gaming space while copying the Blizzard model is an immediate pass for me.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's MP with timed, limited trading. Who cares. I'd rather just do a new playthrough in Grim Dawn.

Any new company and new game entering any gaming space while copying the Blizzard model is an immediate pass for me.
IDK how much this game has changed but back when I played it, it didnt need trade. You could pretty much craft anything and didnt have to jump through 100 RNG hoops and use 3rd party websites like in PoE to do so. So in reality IDK WTF people will be trading if you can just craft it yourself.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
IDK how much this game has changed but back when I played it, it didnt need trade. You could pretty much craft anything and didnt have to jump through 100 RNG hoops and use 3rd party websites like in PoE to do so. So in reality IDK WTF people will be trading if you can just craft it yourself.
Yea, not sure I understand the extreme fascination with trade here.

I'm sure people will be target farming certain monoliths, but I'd assume that everyone running a specific mono for a specific item would just drop the group as soon as the desired item dropped, and not trade it.

Though I do see the appeal of getting a lucrative item and getting some good rolls on it and trading it. It's been a year since I played, but I tried to farm a specific item to about 300+ corruption and would build the web out to 200+ echos and still never saw it.....

What are you actually trading though? When I last played, gold was mostly useless except buying stash space. Has there been anything added that gives gold any value except stash space?

bolok

Trakanon Raider

If the trading get's you hard, it seems like speccing into the tradeable faction/tree would be your goto. As for what you trade? Some rare shard is likely to become the SOJ equiv. T7 purps? Seems like there are enough drops and mats that drop where that isn't really a problem. The market will decide if it cares at all.

I'm still likely to ssf. So shrug.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
My take on trade is pretty much what reason is there to NOT have it in multiplayer. It only offers plusses, no minuses. If you don't like trade, you don't have to use it. It's like all the people who cry about fucking fast travel in elder scrolls/fallout/whatever games. You literally have to choose to use it, so it does absolutely nothing to negatively impact your gameplay unless you choose to let it impact your gameplay.

bolok

Trakanon Raider
They've been reasonably eloquent about the pros and cons of trade in their missives. And I more or less agree they've described the issues well. If you can't see any downside to unfettered trading, you've commited to an extrememly short lifecycle for the game and/or extremely degenerate farming. In which case run you the risk of pushing people to ssf anyway, and then you've undermined all the work they put into multiplayer in the first place.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My take on trade is pretty much what reason is there to NOT have it in multiplayer. It only offers plusses, no minuses. If you don't like trade, you don't have to use it. It's like all the people who cry about fucking fast travel in elder scrolls/fallout/whatever games. You literally have to choose to use it, so it does absolutely nothing to negatively impact your gameplay unless you choose to let it impact your gameplay.
This is a false equivalency. Can you name an item acquisition game that implemented trade but didn't balance around it, thus it was truly optional?

Price fixers, scammers, flippers, the Mathil Effect, inherently reducing item value due to other players getting more value from the same item(Emblems during Legion league are best example of this, but Uber key frags are a current one). I'm sure I could list more if I took the time. There's tons of minuses to a game that includes trade. I'm going to assume "and balances around the assumption that it's being used", because otherwise why bother?

Choose not to participate? Sure, have fun farming any T2+ build-enabling unique. I've seen many comments from SSF players that they couldn't get a Wilma's Requittal this league. There's 6k for sale in trade right now. Anything that drops from Ubers you can pretty much forget. Don't count on any alt quality gems.

Last Epoch's SSF is looking very enticing. It sounds like their build complexity can't compete with PoE, but perhaps that's not a fair comparison. I'd gladly play a "worse" game if it meant some of the abhorrent game practices PoE is keeping alive, their trade system being one them, will be rethought from the position of competition.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users