Last Epoch

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Did they actually say they were making drop rates 'worse' for traders? Just because drop rates are better for SSF doesn't mean drop rates are bad. And in the end, isn't the idea to even out the player timeline just between trade vs solo drops? Two different paths to the same goal?

As a person who finds it tedious to trade in PoE, I'm all for the option. And adding the ability to trade with friends in the SSF faction basically fulfills all my wants.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My only gripe is I can't just drop stuff on the ground for my friends to take or abandon, I have to gift it directly to them and they can pass it around or whatever.

Don't care about anything else about the system really. Not sure how much I'll play this anyways, with only a dozen or so hours into it in the last several months.

edit: lol oof, my inventory was probably 70% full of crafting mats before I noticed the 'transfer crafting items' button.

Last edited:

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I admittedly didn't play much, only about an hour, but I don't get what sets this apart from any other ARPG? Nothing about it really hooked me like Grim Dawn did.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I admittedly didn't play much, only about an hour, but I don't get what sets this apart from any other ARPG? Nothing about it really hooked me like Grim Dawn did.

Time stuff is interesting story wise, and it is just more ARPG but I like the skill specializations trees and how uniques interact enough to keep playing for a while.

Grim dawn turns into a mess end game IMO and only after some serious modding did I stay interested. Could also be my 500+ hours into Titan quest that made me less interested as the class and level design is basically a reskin of that.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good builds and skill trees, gets more interesting as you start unlocking the trees that are within each skill. Good crafting system and farming late game.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
New info drop every day until the 9th. Yesterday was music, today is level design.

Hekotat

Planner is updated with .9 skills/specs

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Did they actually say they were making drop rates 'worse' for traders? Just because drop rates are better for SSF doesn't mean drop rates are bad. And in the end, isn't the idea to even out the player timeline just between trade vs solo drops? Two different paths to the same goal?

As a person who finds it tedious to trade in PoE, I'm all for the option. And adding the ability to trade with friends in the SSF faction basically fulfills all my wants.

PoE HC Ruthless (non SSF) was good for me

I did SSF and it was pretty cringe tbh, yes I made a 6 link (with fuses)

Hekotat

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I like the end game progression and I like most of the classes.

ARPGs at their core are basically all the same thing with a few different ideas here and there.

I'd say a majority of them are fun to play through at least once.

Some people love PoE, while I can't stand what it's become. 3 people here love Lost Ark, while I prefer not to play a game that is about 75% botted accounts. Last Epoch finds a happy medium to me.

The good thing is that there are numerous good arpgs out, so there is one out there that pretty much would suit many different audiences...which I think is a good thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Its just a nice combination of quality designed systems without all the fancy flash of money grabbing games, it just feels like it has a soul. The crafting system and LP Unique system feels really good when it comes to gearing and driving towards min/maxing. RNG fuck you in the ass factor is the least frustrating of any game in the genre that I've played.

Classes and build options feel varied and alot of unique builds that play different for all types with pretty good power level balance. End is solid and so far the developers have shown a willingness to truly build the game out properly and not rush as well as listen to the community. They are ARPG fans first and foremost and you can see that in the decisions (except for not allowing auto shard pick up on common shards, fuck off you cunts).

Its not one thing just a well thought out game and feels "fun" and has some signs of longevity. The fact my wife sat down and could pick it up and play and loved it having never played a ARPG nor being a big gamer makes me so happy. She is ready to go "hard" with me on March 9th haha, she said she can do a 15 hr straight session but I'm saying she will crumble about hour 10.

I'm going lightning spell wear bear w/ EQ, i have been fine tuning a build for months on live server and can't wait to pair it with her pali. She is going javelin banner lightning smite pali. Ton of synergies there and some nice minor improvements to wearbear in MP like rampage off timer that will make this one of the strong duo's I think. I have my EQ tool tip over 1.41M so can't wait to have that juiced by huge %damage increases from banner. I was doing 400+ corruption pretty solid with it so think that her added sigil/hope aura/banner buffs is going to really make it shine plus i bring spriggan extra crit/crit avoidance/flat spell damage and some more crit from warcry. Also pull everyone in when i warcry + maul/EQ so perfect time for her to drop banner. Going to be good times!

Just need to decide what to play when she isn't around....think i'll probably go a lightning sorcerer, takes abit to get them tanky enough but geared well enough its the best class i've found to kill J4 outside of necro abom build but I do want to play a fucking pet class.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
It’s pretty bland when I last played but I played cyclone/warpath and I think those builds had been done to death. I imagine if I branched out it might be better. Also the endgame is pretty well developed considering it’s mostly been made in a home office. The crafting is simple in theory but last I played it had a reasonable failure rate and limitations that prevented you from getting crazy kitted crazy fast unlike d3. The pace felt somewhere between d3 and PoE with harvest SSF maybe. I dunno. It felt good for me but I’m a filthy casual now.

• 1Like

Hekotat

• 1Like

Hekotat

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
LE isn’t my favorite arpg but I am getting pretty interested in checking it out after this patch, looks like a bunch of great changes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

• 1Mother of God