Last Epoch

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
The pushed out a small update to disable the queue entirely, I believe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea they were issuing one queue token based on your Steam profiles UUID and the token was never changing or refreshing on game re-launch, so it was stuck in phantom queues from forever ago. Popping on a VPN or similar re-syncs your Steam profile to the "new" IP and refreshes the token they were using and got around it (until they fixed it anyway).

Games a lot better this patch than all my previous runs. Playing a rogue which never used to exist, using what appears to be PoE style explosive arrow? Has the same fuse timer mechanic as explosive arrow, but with a passive to auto detonate when more of them hit. Feels completely OP so far and just oneshots almost everything I run in to at level ~45.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Bro's Last Epoch is a game about time travel, of course you can go backwards in the Queue. Now that's what I call fucking immersion.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Argarth

On the verandah
Watched several twitch streams. Environments/monsters/combat/spell effects all look like arse. Can't see what all the fuss is about. Pass.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
This works.

Connect with VPN (Proton VPN is Free) Once connected and you can see your character close the game and turn VPN off. Close VPN completely Restart your game Connect as normal
This is what we did on Thursday and it worked. There were separate issues during the day yesterday, but none last night.

Also, regarding the "level with your friends on a new character thing" I mentioned; it works, but it's not really worthwhile. We were all around mid-40's, and I had a new character. Ended up at about 40, so the amount of experience I earned was probably about the same, I just ended up dying a lot and doing almost no meaningful damage. Side note, is that when you finish the main quest, if you haven't done the earlier portions of it, you get locked up the end and have to quit out. You then need to go back and finish the main quest stuff from previous to unlock End of TIme (still working on this).

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Game still going up!

vivaldi_EYFFdmkpYV.png

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Well minus 9 hrs of clicking to try and get in on day one and losing half of yesterday trying to get my wife into the game...so far so good!

Got my spell lightning wearbear finally switched over from cold dot wear bear and am lvl 84 playing around in empowered. Still missing about 40 str from my beta version one so plenty to grind.

If anyone wants to group add me as Turbo ingame. I'm down tomorrow to probably start an alt if anyone is looking to do some alt leveling, will see what uniques i get today to decide if I get pali or LB sorc.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Oof, someone was crying in chat about having to pick up runes and so I tried to type "ya, it should auto loot white and blue items too, then we don't have to pick up anything ourselves" and it blocked my message for being racist.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
That's what you get for bringing up white looters.

Game seems pretty decent, lot of smoothing out to do and I'm playing single player online atm so I'm not desyncing my dick off like some people appear to be, but the play feels good, passive tree is decent, and the ability trees are really cool. Hopefully this isn't like every other ARPG where you want to do X instead of Y and you just can't make it happen (IE cold minions instead of the meta fire minions or whatever). I see a lot of premade builds have uniques which define them which makes me worried about unique power creep. I'd really like to have these abilitys and all these way to play around with them and have them ACTUALLY work unlike something like PoE where most skills can work a few ways but one way is 100x better than the next so it feels mandatory.

Just beat the game so I can't really say shit, but campaign was fast enough I didn't blow my brains out and there wasn't too much if any bullshit at all. I like a game that lets the real grind begin in less than 12 hours. Felt like the campaign took me 10ish hours? Steam says 15 hours but I was in the phantom queue for at least 1 or 2 yesterday. There were like 5 cutscenes under 30-60 seconds each and no fluff quest bullshit you can't just do later that takes you 5 zones away from main story line. So that felt nice.

• 1Like

Hekotat

That's what you get for bringing up white looters.

Game seems pretty decent, lot of smoothing out to do and I'm playing single player online atm so I'm not desyncing my dick off like some people appear to be, but the play feels good, passive tree is decent, and the ability trees are really cool. Hopefully this isn't like every other ARPG where you want to do X instead of Y and you just can't make it happen (IE cold minions instead of the meta fire minions or whatever). I see a lot of premade builds have uniques which define them which makes me worried about unique power creep. I'd really like to have these abilitys and all these way to play around with them and have them ACTUALLY work unlike something like PoE where most skills can work a few ways but one way is 100x better than the next so it feels mandatory.

Just beat the game so I can't really say shit, but campaign was fast enough I didn't blow my brains out and there wasn't too much if any bullshit at all. I like a game that lets the real grind begin in less than 12 hours. Felt like the campaign took me 10ish hours? Steam says 15 hours but I was in the phantom queue for at least 1 or 2 yesterday. There were like 5 cutscenes under 30-60 seconds each and no fluff quest bullshit you can't just do later that takes you 5 zones away from main story line. So that felt nice.

Respeccing only cost gold.

Despecializing (Skills) is free but you have to re-earn them via leveling them back up. However, there is a soft cap that you start from that you gain as you level. Like you start with 10 point if you completely reset (Not sure what the max soft cap is).

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Guess I'm kind of enjoying this but something just feels off. Can't really put my finger on it but had a way more enjoyable time playing the latest season of D3 vs my run up to 80 on a druid in Last Epoc. Think its just the level of polish difference between the two titles. Some of the spell effects in LE the enemies use just tank you FPS and was getting some weird load chugging where it'd hang/drop to 1fps on occasion. Think it might be due to a memory leak.

• 1Truth!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So this echo/mapping system - does it matter a ton what I do in here? It looks kinda like no and I can just blast all of these forever?

What upgrades map level when doing this? I'm like +9 levels over the ones I have available currently and XP is turning to dogshit.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So the stability you get unlocks the quests within each monolith tier. So you get 3 and you do them all when you have enough stability to do each one and it unlocks the next tier of monoliths. These quests are shown on your stability bar and when they're gold you can use the left hand side in the echo screen to choose the quests and do them.

Interestingly, each third mission has a boss with set uniques and you can farm these over and over to get the item you want. It takes a while, but it's like 30ish minutes for each attempt when you're geared. Kinda cool target farming.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Guess I'm kind of enjoying this but something just feels off. Can't really put my finger on it but had a way more enjoyable time playing the latest season of D3 vs my run up to 80 on a druid in Last Epoc. Think its just the level of polish difference between the two titles. Some of the spell effects in LE the enemies use just tank you FPS and was getting some weird load chugging where it'd hang/drop to 1fps on occasion. Think it might be due to a memory leak.
So far I've played a Blademaster, Sorcerer, and Lich, and not a single one of these classes has grabbed me yet.

There's a ton of build shit you can do, but if the classes aren't fun to play...

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So far I've played a Blademaster, Sorcerer, and Lich, and not a single one of these classes has grabbed me yet.

There's a ton of build shit you can do, but if the classes aren't fun to play...

Sacrifice smite pally was a little bit of a challenge to get going but owns

Hekotat

I've liked all the classes so far but rogue and acolyte.

Some of them get more enjoyable the further in you get. Shaman has been my favorite so far. Still learning what all this shit means though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I did a werebear Druid that was pretty fun. It drained your mana shield, forget the name. But all the attacks you did kept it replenished to it was just a constant charge attack, mauling, nearly invincible type build.

Also, like most builds, it takes a while to unlock all the synergy skills you need to make the build go nuts. None of the classes are very crazy at first or midgame cause you haven’t put all the pieces together yet.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
Wow, the hype died fast, really. Two days ago every ARPG streamer and their moms played it, login queue >9000 and whatnot. Today I see most of the people back to their GR150 routine "waiting for D4 next week". Bizarr.

• 1Dislike