Last Epoch

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just reinstalled. Guess I'll do a run through before release to see what's changed. According to Steam last time I played was a year ago.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Save yourself. I’m waiting for release then I’ll do one more run through. If I do it now I won’t have the heart to do it again after launch

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What's in at launch that isn't available to play today? Certain classes? I played this a long time ago and enjoyed it, but was hoping they improved the "weight" of the combat. Appears they have not. Otherwise, I enjoyed this.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I hope this game smashes all expectations so that they can get some runway to really focus on expanding the endgame 10x over a few years. It seems like it just needs some time to cook.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the new classes and faction system and all that isn’t ready until launch?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What's in at launch that isn't available to play today? Certain classes? I played this a long time ago and enjoyed it, but was hoping they improved the "weight" of the combat. Appears they have not. Otherwise, I enjoyed this.

A few classes, the new trading/drop system, lighting and graphics upgrades and anything else they have up their sleeves. I'd guess some rebalance changes as well.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Faction system, two new classes and a shaman rework, lighting and environment rework, some changes to the endgame.

There’s no point in starting this week, just wait a week.

• 1Like

Khane

Come on now guys, saying there is no point on a refresher, specifically in an ARPG? Come on!!!

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Come on now guys, saying there is no point on a refresher, specifically in an ARPG? Come on!!!
Bunch of filthy casuals up in here. I was gonna come back before launch to play the new classes but if they're all not in til launch I guess i'm waiting another week since that's mostly what I want to do.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Bunch of filthy casuals up in here. I was gonna come back before launch to play the new classes but if they're all not in til launch I guess i'm waiting another week since that's mostly what I want to do.
The Runemaster is a new one that went in a few months ago. Its pretty fun and I enjoyed coming back to try it.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ah ok, runemaster was the main one I was waiting on, haven't checked in on this for a bit, assumed it was one of the ones coming at release. Maybe i'll throw it back on the pc while I wait for helldivers to not crash 95% of my games.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I hope this game smashes all expectations so that they can get some runway to really focus on expanding the endgame 10x over a few years. It seems like it just needs some time to cook.

Well, I had not seen this before today; does this count as smashing expectations? They say this isn't 'new' news and it has to be combined over the years; but this must give them a few years of operating capital to continue development, no?

Khane

Last Epoch is definitely a smashing success. It has the attention of most of the poe community, even die hards that never play other ARPGs like CaptainLance.

But that doesn't really matter long term as it's still just a novelty most people play during the normal seasonal drought.

Nothing in that genre is going to beat poe unless a contender emerges that takes the same approach. Every other title is essentially either full of watered down copycat mechanics or a gacha style cash grab. PoE is literally the only game in the genre left that goes "all in" on new ideas and deals with the fallout either good or bad. Everyone else is too busy trying to hybridized existing ideas.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I’ve seen big streamers talking the game up in the past few weeks. I think a bunch of disappointed D4 people will be checking this out too. I never really expected it to be a popular game but it looks like it will do better than I thought it would do.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I’ve seen big streamers talking the game up in the past few weeks. I think a bunch of disappointed D4 people will be checking this out too. I never really expected it to be a popular game but it looks like it will do better than I thought it would do.
Completely agree.

I remember being really concerned about the length of time this game has been in early access, and the fact they decided to let D4 release before they did.

I figured that releasing after D4 would be a huge mistake, but it is exactly the opposite. D4 is so fucking bad that it's millions of fans are disgusted and now looking for something else.

I'm not sure many of us could have imagined the disgust and disappointment of what D4 turned out to be.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So what class is everyone thinking? I'm leaning towards one of the new ones to start, probably warlock.