Last Epoch

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Thats what you got from his post? weird.
Yes? That is literally what his post said.

“was having trouble with mana management (which is another reason this game feels so mediocre to play)”

If you’re having mana management issues there are ways to deal with it. Mana on hit abilities, skill trees that cast things for free, attributes, stats, etc. His post made a dig at a resource management mechanic that is designed in a way that the game provides ways to deal with it. Saying the game is so mediocre because you want infinite resources is stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
For some reason I'm getting a queue but other people I'm playing with are not. Also the queue is not going down at all for me.

Cool

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Going negative mana, what is the reason for that? Any drawbacks or just something they went with?

Caliane

Mostly I think its just a sort of soft cap OOM warning system. I think their might be a passive or skill node or two that directly interacts with it, but most classes dont.

most of the time, its not really any different then just having a larger mana pool. however, whats interesting is, its cap then is functionally varied base on the skill you use.
meaning, lets say you have 100 mana. and a 10mana skill, and a 40 one. you could use that 10 mana one 11 times. putting you at -10mana, effective 110mana pool which would at that point stop you from casting. or, you could cast that 10mana skill 10 times, and THEN the 40mana one with 1 or 0 mana, and put yourself at -40. effective 140mana pool.

so its neat in that sense, being more flexible.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Going negative mana, what is the reason for that? Any drawbacks or just something they went with?

Instead of the constant "I am out of mana" spam that most games do, they let you overcharge mana. I don't think there are any drawbacks other than mana in the negative takes slightly longer to regenerate (regen speeds up once you go positive)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
So do servers suck?
Yes.
potato GIF by General Electric

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I've just been playing fully offline for now, zones load in like 1 second. There's no reason to play online unless you're playing with a friend or planning on trading eventually. Or if you like chat spam I guess.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I've just been playing fully offline for now, zones load in like 1 second. There's no reason to play online unless you're playing with a friend or planning on trading eventually. Or if you like chat spam I guess.

Offline mode has chat and works fine. I'll keep playing like this until they fix it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok my buddy and I will hold off then because we want to play coop without 5 hours of issues.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
So when do you start doing the monolith stuff? Played yesterday and got a void knight up to about 30 and logged off when getting to the empire era in the campaign. Is that function gated behind something?

I just asked because I want to say somebody said they started running them in their twenties in the thread, didn't know if I ought to be mixing that up with the campaign.

The game is pretty fun though.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ok my buddy and I will hold off then because we want to play coop without 5 hours of issues.
Probably a safe bet. I can literally load into a new zone, it takes so long I do some work, then notice I've been working for about 15-20 minutes and the zone is still loading.

• 2Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
It doesn't seem like it's server load in this instance. Something about API issues, makes me wonder what got broke between EA and release.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So when do you start doing the monolith stuff? Played yesterday and got a void knight up to about 30 and logged off when getting to the empire era in the campaign. Is that function gated behind something?

I just asked because I want to say somebody said they started running them in their twenties in the thread, didn't know if I ought to be mixing that up with the campaign.

The game is pretty fun though.

Unless they changed it they don't open up until after the story which is about level 56.

• 1Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Unless they changed it they don't open up until after the story which is about level 56.
Maybe I just misread something. I thought it was somebody talking about their warlock.

How long is the campaign? If I just got to the empire deal how many more chapters I guess am I going, or is it maybe about halfway done? Will you hit 50 by the time you finish the campaign? I definitely seems like leveling is pretty quick which has been nice.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It’s not like mana management is some handicap you have to deal with forever. There are tools to deal with it. I don’t have mana issues on a single one of my many higher level characters.

Every post you make feels like you’re grasping at anything you can to shit on the game. Give it a rest Debbie downer.

You okay?

The "tools" you're talking about to deal with mana issues are mostly tied to secondary skills that you have to spec into or late game items. And the "tools" aren't very interesting. The way mana is handled in this game is meh at best.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Offline mode has chat and works fine. I'll keep playing like this until they fix it.
Oh, mine doesn’t. I launch it in fully offline. I’m guessing they have the offline with chat mode available if you launch it in online first.

Caliane

oh, and to be clear its a handshake issue. In areas/maps etc, theres no lag or anything. is just connecting to new areas fails constantly

• 1Like