Le Football 2018/2019

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Agreed. Still, it was a fun match to watch.

T&T is just shit and it reflects really poorly that they couldn't even tie them in the 2018 qualifiers.

Until they play well against a "good" team (Mexico) then I'd reserve judgement. I don't think Berhalter is a good manager and they seemingly have nothing aside from Pulisic. Zardes is not an MLS level starting forward even. Boyd is good in the Turkish league? I don't know. The 2000 and 2002 age groups seem to be coming through well. I think there's a good base with Adams, McKinnie and Pulisic but there's just no goals there.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I just see a vastly different team than what I saw at their World Cup appearance in the 90's. They looked like a proper team, making plays, controlling the field. They're still shite compared to "real" teams, but it's progress. Team is also young as fuck. What's the average player age, 24?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Glad there wasn't a better replay view of the penalty.

Which one? I heard some people complaining about the 2nd, but looked pretty clear she got spiked in side of her knee. She took another step before going down, but it's a foul.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The one that led to Rapinoe's goal. Seemed like the call could have gone either way to me and a different angle could of led to no penalty.

Merrith

The one that led to Rapinoe's goal. Seemed like the call could have gone either way to me and a different angle could of led to no penalty.

She scored both goals today. Both fouls were legit from what I saw

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't see the first goal so I was talking about the second one. I probable don't watch enough to know it was for sure a penalty but the commentators seemed to think it could have been a non call.

Merrith

I didn't see the first goal so I was talking about the second one. I probable don't watch enough to know it was for sure a penalty but the commentators seemed to think it could have been a non call.

There was an angle that made it look like there may have been no contact, but then they showed one where spike to the leg/knee was pretty obvious and they all seemed to agree it should be a penalty (as did I once I saw that angle)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Think Morgan and Rapinoe were really bad and should have been subbed out at half if not by 60 minutes when you consider the options on the bench. Ellis again seems to call into question her manager skills at really inopportune times. If they had lost with Horan not starting then that would have been an all time blunder.

Merrith

On the bright side, while I don't think they played well, at least Rapinoe can bury it from the spot. Bet Canada wishes their penalty taker had been as clutch.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Just arrived

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Think Ellis made it much harder with her choices but she'll feel vindicated by the win. Almost feel we're going to win inspite of the manager not because of her.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
I wish I was closer to Mister Tramps in Austin. That place always has a soccer crowd. World flags hanging up everywhere and only place I know of with soccer on 24/7.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Most underwhelming mens NT since the 90's? Will they even beat Jamaica? It seems the bar is getting pretty low here.