League Of Legends

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm sorry you can't have a civil conversation. The reason you're remembered for that is because you're pretty well known for shitting up this thread whenever you decide to lose interest in any discussion.

They've already admitted that their rules suck, and that they kept it very general to cover a lot of bases. However, in doing so they've also created a lot of grey area.

Here is their "new" official stance:

Basically, as the The Ancient pointed out - why does it matter if something allowed comes from Riot or from a different app? How does that change how you feel about timers?

Regardless, they've said it's something they're looking into adding, but it's just too early to make an promises. So why would they ban something that they themselves are considering adding? Makes no sense.
I had a post written up the evening of this discussion that I decided to just delete before I went to bed so this is mostly from memory -

A civil conversation isn't something that is the responsibility of only one side to maintain you smug, bitchy little tool. You've been acting like a prissy little cunt throughout this entire debate and I've had enough. When Riot buckles under pressure (just like they did with Goth Annie and a ton of other shit) I'll show back up and laugh at you.

Then I show up and laugh at you.

Ha, Riot buckled as was expected. Ha ha ha. Ha.

Ha.

It shouldn't matter anyway that your fat fucking lazy ass is going to have to keep its own timers because of how trivial it is.

Ha.

rrr_img_66024.jpg

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I know there's not a ton of LCS discussion in this thread but jesus fuck what a few days. OddOne prolly gone, with CW Amazing replacing him. Alex Ich just left Gambit. CLG bringing in a Korean noname to play toplane. Dignitas signs Shiphtur and Zionspartan. Shit is ridiculous. It feels like we're headed toward the SC2 situation where there are no more localized scenes and eventually it will just be Koreans winning everything.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I know there's not a ton of LCS discussion in this thread but jesus fuck what a few days. OddOne prolly gone, with CW Amazing replacing him. Alex Ich just left Gambit. CLG bringing in a Korean noname to play toplane. Dignitas signs Shiphtur and Zionspartan. Shit is ridiculous. It feels like we're headed toward the SC2 situation where there are no more localized scenes and eventually it will just be Koreans winning everything.
wow, i somehow missed all of that.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Then I show up and laugh at you.

Ha, Riot buckled as was expected. Ha ha ha. Ha.

Ha.

It shouldn't matter anyway that your fat fucking lazy ass is going to have to keep its own timers because of how trivial it is.

Ha.
You are a fucking retard.

I was hoping they would have the balls to stand up to the whiners, I'm not at all surprised that they caved in to the pressure. We see it across all their game design, and it really just shows how seriously fucked up their design processes are. They'll say one thing and then do something completely different a week or two later. I'm sure it's partly due to the complaining, and probably partly to do with how disjointed their teams and designers are from each other. They're not even on the same page with each other.

Even you have pointed out how pointless PBE is because they can't actually test anything due to always giving in to the whiny people who make the most noise over the slightest change.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Shouldn't they just display dragon/baron timers like they do in spec mode? Not sure what's the big holdup, it shouldn't be too hard to implement and at this point they might as well do it. They should have done that when they noticed Curse had been gaining popularity. Btw not sure how it works, does it pick up text automatically and set the timers itself? Or are you just pressing a key?

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Source?

EDIT: Regarding Oddone

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Btw not sure how it works, does it pick up text automatically and set the timers itself? Or are you just pressing a key?
Curse was getting the info from some process inside the game, I believe, but only displaying info that your team 'earned' vision of. The timer was automatic, if you saw dragon/baron killed.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Curse was getting the info from some process inside the game, I believe, but only displaying info that your team 'earned' vision of. The timer was automatic, if you saw dragon/baron killed.
Yeah makes sense, guess people can just go back to the old timers though where you pressed like Numpad 1 and it'd start a timer for dragon. Haven't played a game in so long though, aren't dragon/baron kills announced globally when they happen regardless of vision?

Sucks for Curse too since they probably put quite a bit of money in advertising and developping that thing.

Also since I've been watching some pro lol every now and then, have Riot ever explained why there's still so few bans considering the hero pool size? I was quite surprised when I started watching again and it was still 6bans even though that's what it was like 2years ago. More bans would probably force a bit more diversity in picks.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I really only watch Korean Leagues and Cloud9 when I catch them, but I agree it needs more bans. I'm not all that convinced it would open up the hero pool. With just 6 bans we still end up with the same 20 or so champs dominating the average game. With more bans it will still be 20 champs there will just be 2 or 4 more that are banned out. Personally I'd love to see them shake up the picking order to be similar to dota. With say 3 bans a team - then pick 2 or 3 champs each side - followed by 1 or 2 more bans per team - followed by the final picks being the last 2. It may do very little to the meta of league, but dota's pick/ban adjustment really improved the diversity and strategy of lineups that can be played. I think it'd be an awesome experiment at least.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just adding more bans with the way their system is set up, with bans all at once, is something I'm not for. With four or five bans you can target one player to the point where it becomes absurd. I don't want to see shit like banning four ADCs to first pick the enemy bot lane's best ADC as a psuedo 5th ban (or 6th ban), or the mid lane becoming a gigantic ban clusterfuck, or even more hardship steeped upon anyone with a smaller champ pool.

Going the dota route with interspersed picks and bans is definitely the way to go if they decide to introduce more bans.

edit - something I would really like to see added as part of a larger ban overall would be a rule in competitive play that you cannot ban the same champions in subsequent games.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I think that's another idea to throw into the mix, but any combination of picks/bans/rules that create more circumstance where more niche picks can have a space created for them by creativity and misdirection in the draft would be very welcome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I didn't necessarily mean 5bans in a row at the start, that wouldn't change much, but 2bans 2picks 3bans 3picks or even more split up like dota does it is definitely pretty good cause you have reactive bans and ban specific champions based on specific strategies instead of banning more or less always the same thing.

For your idea on "subsequent" games, do you mean like two consecutive games or actually all the games after? Cause I could see it kinda working for bo3 but not for bo5, and even bo3 the 3rd game would have really fucking useless bans most likely. If it's just from one game to the next though it'd definitely be interesting, but it would mean 2nd game has a lot of the "perma banned" champions picked, so not sure that would be that good for the game, since quite often these are perma banned for a reason. You would see champions you don't see I guess but the 2nd game could be pretty crazy one sided.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just back to back games. It would make it more difficult to blow all your bans on one player or to never let X player play Y champion. It's just a little thing I'd like to see but I'm not married to the idea.

What Riot really should do is start talking about it right now for season five. Make a big post on their front page and start a reddit discussion and all that shit and really get the community working on a new system of picks and bans. I've got a feeling that there are some really good ideas to be had. Then when they do new gimmick maps you can apply different pick/ban rule sets as a means of beta testing some stuff.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Man support Malphite is hilarious. You have all these carry junglers now and everyone is squishy and you just get to teamfights and blow everyone up. It's not bad in lane either, poke with Q and every time your jungler comes it's a double. On a pretty good run, went from 40 points gold V after all my connection problems to gold 3. If they don't overnerf jungle xp/gold I think I can get to plat this season.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I thought it was legit good last season but I stopped playing it because people raged the fuck out at me constantly. Even with good engages, a successful bot lane, and a great KDA people were still spending all their time bitching. Of all the supports I've done bot lane it's gotten the most hostile response and I have no idea why. I've fed as support Rengar and had people talk less shit than they do if I'm Malphite and doing well.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm loving that Ryze is getting popular again because whenever there is an enemy Ryze in top lane I just camp the living shit out of that lane. My goto junglers right now are Xin, Shaco & Vi, which are all extremely good ganking jungles so I just sit in that lane all freaking game lol.

Like, just was playing Xin, we had an Irelia top lane against their Ryze top lane. I do the normal level 3 gank top, all 3 of us blow all our summoners but irelia first bloods ryze. He get back to lane first and starts pushing it a bit, I just do a loop de swoop back to top, dive him with irelia (ryze with no flash = gg free ganks). We push the lane, he decides to teleport back on his tower while we have like a double wave on his tower, instantly dive him again. He's just so fun to camp because once flash is down he just doesn't have a good escape. Plus his early game survivability blows. Plus I always see a ton of Ryze who are losing lane hard and still go tear > cata > roa. Like, grab the glacial shroud for the armor man, it'll help out a shit ton more then that catalyst.

To be fair though, I did have a game where I did the same exact thing, was a jax vs ryze top and I was shaco, eventually go top to gank, we dive under tower, both die, ryze gets double buff, double kill, son of a bitch...haha.