League Of Legends

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was just about to bump this thread actually but you just did lol. Finally get to play some league tonight after not playing any ranked for like 3 weeks now. First game back, I get Irelia top vs a Renek and actually did really well. Finished 5/2/3 with like 190 cs in 25 minutes or so. Although, I only got 10lp and the enemy team got loss forgiven...for some reason lol.

Either way, pumped to get to play some league again.

Also, don't worry Fawe, I won't drop you too hard in power ranks cuz CW forfeit....although you're losing to the #8 team right now...soooooooo...we'll see how tomorrow goes...will Amzin finally get outta 8th place in my ranks?!?! hahaha

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
lol. TSM actually looked great vs C9 so I'm hoping for much better things to come! It's a marathon, not a sprint! When they did champ select I swore C9 had the game won, their team comp looked INSANE, but TSM outplayed them hard all game. Meteos also sucked dick on Rengar. He should never play rengar ever again lol.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sneaky is seriously under par like this whole split so far. But Dig is arguably making up for that since no one saw this coming (obviously).

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
I think Overpow averages around 13 points per game, if I lose by less than ten I am going to be thoroughly annoyed.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Well Overpow only playing 1 game hurt, but my LMQ players were the real issue this week. 12 points combine from Noname and Mor just ain't getting it done. I will be shocked if I pull this out.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
couple things with LoL fantasy that other sports aren't as affected by are:

1. Other sports have many more teams, meaning many more players, meaning fantasy teams can be much more balanced since there are a lot more studs to choose from.
2. Other sports can still have super-star players putting up big numbers whereas if a LoL team is struggling it's very likely that all 5 players are going to bomb.
3. Skill level in some other sports (ie: football) are much closer. "any given sunday". Whereas there is a fairly large discrepancy between top-tier and shit-tier in LoL.

looking at the fantasy stuff is definitely interesting but the point swings are very dramatic and hard to predict since LoL in general is a snowbally game in comparison to regular sports that don't have the snowball affect at all.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sounds like something a player with 0 wins would say... :p

I do agree though, it would be nice to have more player options and it really can be hard to predict anything in league since a lot of these top teams can take 1 advantage and snowball it so hard.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Sounds like something a player with 0 wins would say... :p

I do agree though, it would be nice to have more player options and it really can be hard to predict anything in league since a lot of these top teams can take 1 advantage and snowball it so hard.
lol. Im still very happy with my team! No excuses from me. But I did notice Koggok going from 500,200,300 points to 80. You rarely see something so dramatic with other fantasies. My team has had very close losses practically every single week. This week I still had 4th highest overall points even with 1.5 players at a 0.
biggrin.png

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm pretty sure last week was a fever dream.

In Fantasy football, the goals of the players are the same: get yards to win the game. In LoL you don't necessarily need kills/assists to win the game. The more objective based the meta becomes the weirder fantasy is going to get.