League Of Legends

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sort of a random question, but is there anyone who may be interested in writing articles or producing content for a League of Legends website primarily focused on improving at the game? Easily digestible content for lower ranked players, info graphic guides, quick tips through images or videos, etc.

I've been working on a website that I'm about ready to send live. It's primarily driven by user content (my inspiration for the website game from /r/summonerschool, but fills some of the gaps that I believe Reddit can't), but I would be interested in putting out some content of our own. It's just a hobby for me, so it's not a paid position or anything like that. Just thought maybe there may be someone out there that also enjoys writing guides or analyzing the game as well, and would want an outlet for that.

Hit me up with a PM if you may be interested.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
There's a ton of websites that already exist with tips. If you want to set yourself apart, make a website where you can type in a question (with spellcheck!) and get a response from a diamond+ player, then make it public.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Oh, and sebur - I wanted to ask you after I finished my game but I got called in to work. Would you want to spectate one of my games and give me tips instead of playing?

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
There's a ton of websites that already exist with tips. If you want to set yourself apart, make a website where you can type in a question (with spellcheck!) and get a response from a diamond+ player, then make it public.
That's basically what the website is. The biggest issue with /r/summonerschool (and Reddit in general) is that the search function absolutely sucks, so people end up asking the same stuff over and over. My website makes it much easier to find previous questions on topics you may want to know about (you start typing in your question, and previous questions with the same keywords pop up). Although I don't have a stable of Diamond players just ready to answer questions, so it really just depends on user participation. I'm a Platinum player and will obviously answer questions.

I also realize that there are tons of website that give tips and stuff. The main goal with creating content is to bring users to the website - because like I said in my post, the website is primarily driven by user content/participation. However I think once there are enough user, the created content can focus on the user content (such as highlighting exceptional answers, etc).

sebur

Bronze Squire
Oh, and sebur - I wanted to ask you after I finished my game but I got called in to work. Would you want to spectate one of my games and give me tips instead of playing?
I can, I might do that at some point.

Also I don't remember who I was talking to about the Mao changes but I am unsure if you were unaware of the undocumented changes that might change your mind a little bit. Apparently his W no longer has a cast time and his E scales with Mao's movespeed (as in the saplings run faster as Mao gets more MS).

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well I changed up the shaco build a bit and have had much better luck. Also, thanks for the games, Sebur.
What build have you been doing? My goto Shaco build is usually machete + 5 > tiamat > shiv > hydra > lw > ghostblade. Pick up usually mobos anywhere in there. Sell machete early to get tiamat faster if you want as well. This is the build I use to split push / wave clear / farm jungle quickly.

ps. Let me know when you're going to play, I'll be around most of the night tonight (will get on league in ~1 hour or so) and wouldn't mind spectating a game or two. Until I get too drunk then I'll go load up ranked...lol

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I used to do machete + 5 --> spirit stone > mob boots > bf sword and then some random items towards IE & TF.

Now I do Machete + 5 > spirit stone + boots > vamp scept > avarice blade > elder lizard > shiv > hydra > IE.

The Shiv and Hydra have great build paths and give me the power to do some damage without waiting for the stupid bf sword.

I also changed all my blue runes to mana regen / 5. Like I said, I'm terrible at managing mana and if I get caught I get blown up anyways. Once I have spirit stone and vamp scept + the extra mana regen from those runes, I can roam all day. I also feel like the mana regen runes dropped my deaths because I don't run out of mana when I'm trying to Q away. It's definitely noticeable.

edit: Oh, and the shiv and hydra make it easy as shit to split push. I know some people don't like going all the way to hydra, but it makes it so you can't ignore my splitpushing...and it normally takes at least 2 enemy champs to be able to catch me when they show up. That being said, I'm new to jungling and all around suck, but I have gotten better in the last week playing jungle shaco.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Cool cool, yea that's mainly the same build I do. I played shaco a whole hell of a lot more last season. This season I just randomly play him and usually do well, but lose with him because I haven't been playing him as much. I skip Elder lizard just to get hydra/shiv faster imo, you shouldn't be farming jungle much anyway with that build because pretty much once you get tiamat/hydra you should start pushing lanes. I added you ingame, hit me up anytime if you want to play or want me to spec you a game or something.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Ya, I am not a fan of him personally but most people don't know how to play against him so he can be a terror due to potential gank routes. My current climb the ranks jungler is Eve. Nobody pink wards.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ughhhhhhh lost by 2 points. Fuuuuuuuuuu. Dig getting obliterated by Complexity somehow really hurt.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Youngbuck Irelia going to steal one for Ravishing!
LOL. Yea, 1-4, moving up!
Cowtard scored me the most with Youngbuck 2nd... not too shabby for 2 players from a last place team
biggrin.png

fris

Vyemm Raider
if you want to mke a new LoL website, offer something that doesn't exist. I'd suggest takinghttp://www.summoning.net/and expanding. maybe make it look like the loading screen, but call out the cooldowns for each spell, maybe be extra cool and take into account any runes/masteries. maybe allow to highlight one match up. as support, i know i should know the cooldowns of the enemies spells, but this sort of hting would help. i think a 2nd monitor is becoming pretty common, so this kind of info would probably be pretty desireable.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This win is going to turn it around for The Flower Arrangers. And to prove it, here's math:

Through 5 weeks,Points For:

1400.04 Drtyrm's Dirty Rooms
1324.34 The Spectaculars
1322.05 The Flower Arrangers
1307.28 Hodor Hodor
1258.08 Umbra
1252.74 Big Dumb Animals
1235.30 Never Played Fantasy
1229.20 Such Team So League

Points Against

1431.16 The Flower Arrangers
1375.98 Never Played Fantasy
1364.47 Drtyrm's Dirty Rooms
1343.67 Such Team So League
1270.93 Umbra
1253.96 Big Dumb Animals
1183.23 The Spectaculars
1105.84 Hodor Hodor

As you can see, I currently have had the hardest schedule with teams scoring a combined 55 points more than the next hardest and with the average score against being 1291, I'm sitting at 140 points more scored against me than the average.

As for Points For, I'm sitting in 3rd which would easily be 2nd if not for the CW forfeit last week. Assuming no more hiccups, I think I'll easily supplant The Spectaculars and maybe even give Drtyrm's Dirty Rooms a run for their money!

The Flower Arrangers won't be suppressed!

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nicely stated. I would have gone with

"The Flower Arrangers will cultivate a winning record!"

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I've had the 2nd highest point scored and have had the 2nd easiest schedule, yet my record still blows. wtfmate. Probably write up week 6 power ranks tomorrow night or tuesday.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nicely stated. I would have gone with

"The Flower Arrangers will cultivate a winning record!"
upvoted.

Sidian, I think a big reason for your awkward record is because you had a huge week 1 and won by 120 points that week. Super week skews things a bit.