League Of Legends

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a similar... concept? Design? I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for. He's almost entirely utility mechanics, like Thresh, and most of them are totally off-the-wall-new to most players, like Thresh was. Bard also pushes (practically forces) a tactic that is rarer in soloq with the roaming support, which means that's another thing opponents have to deal with. I can't imagine soloq getting used to Bard in anything resembling a reasonable amount of time.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't know if he'll ever work in solo queue, cause people getting "used" to Bard is just gonna mean super diving the ADC the second Bard leaves to go find chimes.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I assume you left out trist cause of her scaling range but still one of the longest ranges.
Yea, that and her range was nerfed and her playstyle is still in-your-face due to her W.

Just started a game where Bard was open and nobody picked him. Very strange for a new champ release!

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Would you say Corki is new player friendly? He has a dash so you have a chance to escape and his ult is just a long range poke spell. He does build a bit different from most ADCs.
No. Playing Cork properly involves atk moving + weaving abilities inbetween auto attacks. I think a champ like Cait would be better for a beginner.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think he's been neutered too hard to do anything but support. I know you watched Nightblue a bunch and his opinion is bard is trash tier jungler

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm with Ronne, if they pick Bard, you grab Annie or Leona and piledrive that poor adc while Bard is on walkabout.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Early impressions: lack of CDR is a huge cockblock for Zac. Sej is as dumb as expected. Voli is annoying.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I picked Bard for my last game of the night and had a game winning ult to cap it off. He's pretty damn fun but I sucked trying to use him to his full potential. I felt like I did no damage at all, even though I actually did 10k compared to enemy Janna's 5k. I had some derp ults and some good ones, including one at the end that won us the game.

Collecting chimes wasn't too bad at all and I never left my adc for long. I only roamed when lane was pushed or when ADC backed. I didn't just leave my ADC to randomly 1v2. I ended the game with like 77 chimes or something.

A highlight of my super-duper bard ult :
http://www.twitch.tv/ravishingx/c/6311884

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No ones talking about new AP item?

I'm about to hit 20 and figure I need to finally buy runes esp since t2 so cheap now. Any suggestions for a generic fits all loadout for like physical bruiser (top/jg) vs AP? (Only 2 pages, maybe can buy 3rd)

The needing so many tailored loadouts/pages/masteries irks me about this game, added complexity for not much of a good reason I think. As is I generally play all characters with the misc/support whatever it's called tree for extra starting potion and other things. Always forget to try changing it based on hero.

Also feel like while certain things accepted, sometimes I wonder if certain say adc's wouldnt benefit more from some defence tree stuff since they get plenty rapey just based off items in game.

Sludig

I've got only like 10k IP, still kinda want to grab darius or at least a good support when I get stuck as it. So perhaps t3 as much as I can and just get by on t2's as I keep grinding. (Problem with only 1-2 games a day skipping some days)

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Sej has passed Heimer for top winrate in the last 24 hours. Only 56.5 though, like 2% higher than she was.

IEM is so much fun.

Sludig

To clarify, go for the flat +amount, or should for on health do % or scaling? Only scaling on magic resist?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Should probably just do flat armor yellows for basically every page for every character unless you want to get really deep into rune minmaxing. It's still pretty rare that anything beats flat armor yellows for value. MR I do a mix of scaling and flat but I go mid a lot. Runes have their biggest impact in the early game so it makes it a little harder to justify scaling ones.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Got a survey from Riot asking me how I would feel if they went back up to twelve champion releases a year. Trying to keep up with a dozen characters all as mechanically distinct and unique as Rek'sai, Bard, Kalista, Gnar, and Azir would be crazy town.