League Of Legends

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think mages/ranged would translate to a moba. If anything most mages/some healers/other ranged tend to be on the slow reflexes etc side in my experience. So like in the guide I think alot of simple bruisers would be better. I see soooo many new players starting marksman/adc types and the requirement to be careful and precise, they just get farmed hard. A lot of bruisers can be less productive just taking hits than an adc that does no damage. Support not such a bad choice if playing defensively too.
Agreed. The whole last hit mechanic is one of the toughest things for a newbie to master, and is so essential for an ADC to be good at to be effective within a game. Meanwhile a tank/bruiser, especially one in the jungle, has the easiest time because they can farm unhindered. And the hitpoints/tankiness of the champ gives them more leeway if they are out of position in a team fight.
I disagree the basic concept of don't let the guy with the big F'ing sword get close to you while your playing a mage/ranged is a fairly universal game concept. Ability to exploit a range advantage with towers will come naturally to ranged and mages. While the beginner using melee champs will both get destroyed by ranged tower huggers and also by entering into no escape bad exchanges because they don't have the level of knowledge on how other champions work. Last hitting is something allot of people struggle with but a ranged AD carry is the easiest type of champion to gain a last hit advantage with. Mages not so easy unless they want to use mana to get the creature kill and really at beginning level a mage dumping mana to get CS before they gate back isn't entirely wrong.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Being a new player is rough for the first while since they play against a lot of smurfs but eventually they settle in to wherever and will play against other people of similar skill. You can play anything and succeed tbh. New players will advance when they finally learn mechanics well enough to outplay the other new players. Once mechanics are well enough to advance then the player must transition to learning how to play the game as a team.

Just play what interests you. Expect to play a couple thousand games before finally having a solid grasp on the game. Getting higher MMR means continuing to learn. Once you decide to stop learning is when you'll stop advancing. Knowledge comes in several forms: Champions/Mechanics/Power Spikes/Team Comps/Team Strength/Team Fights/Objective Control/Lane Control/etc etc etc.

Most new players are just trying to figure out what QWER do, let alone what the opponents QWER do... lol.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
One thing that has struck me as strange about this game; is how many people say they are reporting someone(me) for being bad. I don't think i have ever played any game before where being "unskilled" is something that can be reported, petitioned, punished. .. Is there actually a punishment for being "unskilled" or is it just a way for riot to filter out pointless reports?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I suspect it's the equivalent of a cross walk button (it doesn't do anything) but officially what is supposed to happen is if someone gets a bunch of them their MMR will loosen up and they'll be able to fall more rapidly than the system would otherwise allow. It's not something that triggers a punishment.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty sure it doesn't do anything anymore. Just expect to "get reported" anytime you don't carry a game. It's the most common way people vent their frustrations over a loss.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Unskilled player hasn't actually done anything in a long time. It's only there because Riot is some combination of lazy/incompetent/absent minded and it hasn't been removed as an option.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I am actually under the belief they leave it in their on purpose to filter out the idiots that actually use it so they don't waste time trying to decipher the legit reports.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I am actually under the belief they leave it in their on purpose to filter out the idiots that actually use it so they don't waste time trying to decipher the legit reports.
That's what i'd do, send it all right to the trash bin (unskilled queue!) so it does not clog up legit reports.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Its hilarious that I cannot rank up on my main account. Got my smurf to gold in a week or two, cant win a ranked in silver on my main to save my life. Get promoted to s2 them lose lose lose.

difference between my main and smurf acc is a few champs, might as well spend some dough and buy them and make my smurf my main. Then I'll prolly start losing on that account.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
That sucks lol.

Ekko jungle is so much fun and strong as hell. After getting promoted to Plat.. I was having some shit games, went 6-15 in 21 games and was at -13 games overall since being promoted. I was starting to sweat every game that I could get demoted to Gold again, lol...

Anyway, I've gained some games back (+4 since that low) and all the wins are with Ekko or Diana jungle. (Ekko 5 wins/ Diana 1 win). Had a couple losses mixed in with other champs.

I'm basically just trying to spam Ekko jungle for a while. I know pros have gone full tanky Ekko (Cinderhulk > Tanky)... I have been going: Runeglaive > Zhonya > Tanky(Locket/Frozen Heart/Banshee/etc).

5 Ekko jungle wins in a row so far and my last Ekko loss was an 11/7/13 game.

Why he's so damn strong for several reasons, most notably he's slippery as fuck and his shield is op in team fights. Ult/E/Zhonyas keep him super-safe. You absorb so many ults/abilities and survive that your team can easily clean up any fight... unless they are brain damaged. He also does significant damage and can dive the backline to quick-kill an adc or mage.

It's really rediculous and I rate him top tier. I wouldn't be surprised to see him played A LOT more in playoffs/worlds and he'll probably be in line for a nerf afterwards.

penalty_sl

shitlord
Yea I see a lot of pro junglers playing him. Even metoes was talking about how OP he was on his stream the other night, its ridiculous how much chaos he can cause in a team fight.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
That sucks lol.

Ekko jungle is so much fun and strong as hell. After getting promoted to Plat.. I was having some shit games, went 6-15 in 21 games and was at -13 games overall since being promoted. I was starting to sweat every game that I could get demoted to Gold again, lol...

Anyway, I've gained some games back (+4 since that low) and all the wins are with Ekko or Diana jungle. (Ekko 5 wins/ Diana 1 win). Had a couple losses mixed in with other champs.

I'm basically just trying to spam Ekko jungle for a while. I know pros have gone full tanky Ekko (Cinderhulk > Tanky)... I have been going: Runeglaive > Zhonya > Tanky(Locket/Frozen Heart/Banshee/etc).

Why he's so damn strong for several reasons, most notably he's slippery as fuck and his shield is op in team fights. Ult/E/Zhonyas keep him super-safe. You absorb so many ults/abilities and survive that your team can easily clean up any fight... unless they are brain damaged. He also does significant damage and can dive the backline to quick-kill an adc or mage.

It's really rediculous and I rate him top tier. I wouldn't be surprised to see him played A LOT more in playoffs/worlds and he'll probably be in line for a nerf afterwards.
I've been meaning to play non-tanky junglers more often (my go-to's are Naut, Sej, Amumu, Volli) and have been meaning to try Ekko. What runes/masteries do you use?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I've been using runes/masteries that Nightblue3 uses for Elise... I don't know if they are optimal but seem to be working for me!

Runes:Ravishing - Runes
Magic Pen.: +7.8
Health at level 18: +120
Armor: +4
Cooldown %: -7.5%
Ability Power: +14.9

Masteries:Ravishing - Masteries
21/9/0

Note: First clear using these runes/masteries is SLOW. You will take a lot of damage from Red/Blue.
Be VERY safe early on. Try to get a nice leash, let support take damage from golems/gromp for you, smite after they leave so they help do as much dmg as possible.

My typical first couple clears are:
Gromp or Golems -->> Red or Blue -->> Scuttle crab (if you see enemy jungle, RUN AWAY).
After Scuttle you might be able to do another 1-2 camps depending on your leash (wolves, wraiths, or golems).
BACK > Buy jungle item > RED or BLUE

Ekko can gank nicely pre-6 but you are squishy until you can get your get out of jail free card (ult).

CDR on Ekko is actually awesome. E is awesome and it will be on a 4 second cooldown at max rank with 40% cdr. Typically skill R>Q>E>W.
Usually I wont get 40% CDR but will approach mid-30% with FH and blue buff will get you capped whenever u have it.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Unfortunately they neutered the fuck out of juggernaut and defensive itemization. Oh well, I've accepted he will never be strong in any statistical sense.

penalty_sl

shitlord
6 game losing streak and a demotion today so far. Dont even feel on tilt really, just seems every game starts out with the enemy team getting 5 kills in the first few minutes. Fuck lol.

That sucks lol.

He has been one of the most used jungles in lpl and lack this season, so no surprise that na has been slow to pick him up.