League Of Legends

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I use colorblind mode as well. Just seems to make things pop out more.

Was discussing quick cast settings with a buddy. He doesn't use it at all whereas I use it exclusively. I was just wondering how people here do it. No quick cast, quick cast with range indicators, or total quick cast?
Not using quick cast is incredibly bad. I go total quick cast on every ability on every champ. The amount of difference it makes is tremendous.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I quick cast absolutely everything. Which is why I have been working on my Viktor lately as his laser can get a bit wonky up close if you aren't careful.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Quickcast w/ Range indicators.

Stuff like Rumble Ult & Vik lasers are wonky which is probably why I don't play those champs.

I had colorblind mode enabled for a while, I think I turned it off when they updated Summoners Rift map... I actually didn't realize it was off tbh. Only reason I had it on before was for streaming purposes, will probably turn it back on for that reason, if I remember to.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quickcast w/ Range indicators.

Stuff like Rumble Ult & Vik lasers are wonky which is probably why I don't play those champs.

I had colorblind mode enabled for a while, I think I turned it off when they updated Summoners Rift map... I actually didn't realize it was off tbh. Only reason I had it on before was for streaming purposes, will probably turn it back on for that reason, if I remember to.
I do quick cast with range indicators. That combo works pretty well with even odd stuff like rumbles ult and viks death ray. It does lead to some random wild shots now and then for which I take full blame but overall the extra second or two you gain doing it that way makes a huge difference in game play and success to make up for a few wild shots now and then.

sebur

Bronze Squire
Oh, I certainly agree. Was just pointing out that it is not perfect, but certainly close so beware of the odd rare stuff.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Looks like there will be 5 more PROJECT: ____ skins (6th being PROJECT: Yasuo).Here is a link to the promo page.

There are hints (each labeled 'memory trace') for the champs who are getting them:

1. "Trace Lost" - Amumu maybe, since he has no memory?
2. "Brilliance in pieces, shrouded in ethereal flame. Protector, light bringer. Lone voice. Stand and Fight. In death heavy fields, now still she stands, light washes over..." - Obviously Leona
3. "Piercing flame, he, cast in light. I see his vision, free from shadow, a blazing melody. Beyond the light, nothing, purity bound in fury..." - Brand?
4. "Tempest, a blossom caught in drift, fluid form. He speaks. Death is like the wind... he is a storm, blade howling... Always by my side..." - Yasuo
5. "Dark sight, shadows marked, death lives beside. Silencer, he follows. The shadow is within. Blood soaked, he stands. Vanish..." - Obviously Zed
6. "Weaves, unweaves; unraveled defense, dashing forward blade gleaming. Caught orbiting one vision, dashing, striking, blade dancing..." - Probably Fiora, but I guess it could be Irelia?

rrr_img_106691.jpg

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
piercing flame is lucian i believe.

Im wondering if they are all going to be released at the same time or not. They've done this shit before where they only release 1 skin and hint at multiple others... like the battlecasts.

Since they made a big deal about it on the LCS stream Im going to bet they release them together.. might even have an event for it.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
piercing flame is lucian i believe.

Im wondering if they are all going to be released at the same time or not. They've done this shit before where they only release 1 skin and hint at multiple others... like the battlecasts.

Since they made a big deal about it on the LCS stream Im going to bet they release them together.. might even have an event for it.
Yeah I think you're right about it being Lucian. He is "The Purifier" or whatever...

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
So I just started playing this and suck at MOBAs. Can someone point me to a decent newb resource and/or champion?

Generally played mages or ranged classes in MMOs if that helps.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
So I just started playing this and suck at MOBAs. Can someone point me to a decent newb resource and/or champion?

Learn the game with easy to play champs

Also,lolking.netis really good for raw information on champion abilities etc. but you can also look up user-generated guides for how to play specific champs what to build, runes & masteries, etc.

For those who like to play offensive top laners you should really be giving gp some playtime. Critplank is back and now he can bounce em. Added bonus is barrels apply on hit effects.

Edit: if you want to see it in action there is a video of it on Reddit now. Was hoping I wouldn't see one posted for a couple off weeks since he is kind of broken and was looking to abuse it longer before people noticed it.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Heylel, I highly recommend trying out Annie. She usually goes mid or support, but she's surprisingly tanky in toplane with a rod of ages + frozen heart build + her E.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Play mages and ranged then, towers tend to be huge part of LoL and those mages and ranged have a large advantage with them. As you play more and get better then spread out to other types.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think mages/ranged would translate to a moba. If anything most mages/some healers/other ranged tend to be on the slow reflexes etc side in my experience. So like in the guide I think alot of simple bruisers would be better. I see soooo many new players starting marksman/adc types and the requirement to be careful and precise, they just get farmed hard. A lot of bruisers can be less productive just taking hits than an adc that does no damage. Support not such a bad choice if playing defensively too.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I don't think mages/ranged would translate to a moba. If anything most mages/some healers/other ranged tend to be on the slow reflexes etc side in my experience. So like in the guide I think alot of simple bruisers would be better. I see soooo many new players starting marksman/adc types and the requirement to be careful and precise, they just get farmed hard. A lot of bruisers can be less productive just taking hits than an adc that does no damage. Support not such a bad choice if playing defensively too.
Agreed. The whole last hit mechanic is one of the toughest things for a newbie to master, and is so essential for an ADC to be good at to be effective within a game. Meanwhile a tank/bruiser, especially one in the jungle, has the easiest time because they can farm unhindered. And the hitpoints/tankiness of the champ gives them more leeway if they are out of position in a team fight.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I snagged Annie with my newb credits and will try that tonight. If I suck (and I will), I'll swap to a tank type.

The learning curve on this shit is intense. I haven't felt this bad at a video game in years.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's tons and tons of good guides to read and videos to watch obviously, but I feel like some of my best mechanical improvements came from watching some pro-play and focusing on how they moved around and farmed. Very visual learner here so may not work for everyone.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I snagged Annie with my newb credits and will try that tonight. If I suck (and I will), I'll swap to a tank type.

The learning curve on this shit is intense. I haven't felt this bad at a video game in years.
I would also suggest loading up Twitch and watching others play or hit up youtube and just type in a champ's name and watch. Try to limit the videos to those uploaded in the last month. Tekk is a decent channel. Watching really good players gives you a good sense of game flow and macro play. Watching specific champs helps you learn their weaknesses.

Outside that, just play the game and learn as you go.

Once you get past newbie mode, go download Champify.