League Of Legends

sebur

Bronze Squire
Does anybody happen to know what was so broken about the new queue that they had to take it down completely? Just curious. I am really looking forward to the solo only queue where there won't be any duo crushing defeats like have been happening.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
From the little information I've read, seems like the servers couldn't handle the demand of matchmaking. There's more processing power required to match up the duos/trios/etc. They also experienced some glitches where some teams had 2 of the same position, so yea...

edit:
Just won a game when i was 98LP into Gold 3 and after the win it qualified me for the series but also gave me 1 win already in the series. I only need to win 1 game of the next 2 to get promoted. Never seen that before lol.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I remember reading them say they were gonna do something like. I forget the exact criteria, but iirc if you are crushing your regular games but then losing your promos, you can start off a promo with a win (or two even? idk). It was to combat 'promo tilt' or some other name they gave it.

On a fantasy note.. I'm gonna lose this match, the system is bugged and thinks I have a match left cause NRG only 'played' one game due to Fox's forfeit. I'm pretty sure altec would have gotten at least 20 pts in that fox matchup, seemed likely it would have been a long drawn out game. Everything that could go wrong has done so this weekend for me, especially on alphadraft. Not to spoil it, but for example, one of the matches I picked the team that did end up winning, figured they were huge favorites. But, they did it in a weird comeback at the end, still down a bunch of kills, so none of the players got the points they should have. If you watched LCS today, you know what I'm talking about. Finished like 5% out of the top half of ten 50/50 drafts, where half the entries get paid.

sebur

Bronze Squire
It is exactly that, basically if you get in promos and lose promos then your next set of promos you start off with 1 win.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Oh, yea, I did lose a promos once already. Forgot about that.
The 1 win didn't matter though, I failed promos again because I had a bad loss and then I dodged next game due to troll in champ select. Didn't really care that it would fail my promos. MMR is more valuable than a promo win.

The dodge didn't help though since I lost my next game anyway, but at least we had a fighting chance
biggrin.png

And ya, enzie, bad luck man, I don't think Altec could have given you the win even if they did play Fox, but still sucks.

With all the roster swaps going on, Fantasy for real $ is really sketchy. At least our little league is just for funsies

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
thought his points were finalized as well when I looked before, but he just jumped another 16 pts. So, no, him alone wouldn't have saved me. Guess they hadn't fully registered that last match yet. I thought I was only down about 19, and altec would have gotten at least that, imo.

I haven't watched all the matches yet, but shiphtur seems to have vastly underperformed in day 2 too. I felt pretty good about my chances after yesterday, had more points with the same number of matches left, but a few of his guys over performed like crazy and mine shit the bed, on average, today.

edit: and I'd say there's big opportunities early on in a season for real $, if you can watch and analyze all the matches. As the season goes on, the salaries become more accurate and more people pick close to the 'ideal' roster. I was doing well on korean/chinese ones, as people were just going with the big names they recognize, but some of the rookies and newer teams came out way better then predicted. ROX Tigers looks better then SKT so far, for example, but SKT has been experimenting a bit. Jin Air Greenwings and Samsung have over performed from pre-season predictions, so last week I was picking them up for cheap and winning everything as a result. They have finally caught up and adjusted their salaries now, though.

They also weight it heavily based on which team is predicted to win early on in the season, not whether certain teams tend to 'allow' more points in their matches. i.e. they like teamfighting, or have a hard time putting a game away.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like the Superbowl of Fantasy weeks is going to happen next week as I'll have to take my rightful place at #1. Sorry about your loss next week, Bandwagon.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
They also weight it heavily based on which team is predicted to win early on in the season, not whether certain teams tend to 'allow' more points in their matches. i.e. they like teamfighting, or have a hard time putting a game away.
I know alphadraft is bigger but I've only done DraftKings and I know the biggest factor is Fantasy Points Per Game when determining the salaries. So players that fail to score, even on winning teams, will still be cheaper.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I know alphadraft is bigger but I've only done DraftKings and I know the biggest factor is Fantasy Points Per Game when determining the salaries. So players that fail to score, even on winning teams, will still be cheaper.
I signed up on draftkings, but only done a few free ones. Alphadraft doesn't seem to weight that quite as much so far. They seemingly put alot into if the team will win, and avg pts scored is secondary. Like, any team that has gone against Impulse has had their salaries jacked up as a result, even if they don't normally score many points. Like, crumbz was the most expensive jungler for day2 this week. In korea, a mid range team (afreeca freecs I think) was against CJ entus, who is doing horribly, and half their guys were #1 or #2 that day.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, strength of schedule is an important factor too. Right now DraftKings has jacked up FPPG stats for LCS players, but salaries seem normal, so maybe it's not as huge a factor as I expect.

Anyway....

Week 2 Power Rankings!

8Last Week: 8
TSM Greenmoon (Sebur), 171.42:

Moves:-Smoothie, +Remi

Although not the worst performance this week, still 2nd to last and less points than Week 1. Remi had 3rd least points scored of all supports but it was still good to replace Smoothie since he did not play. There were 3 other supports available that could have given this team a win this week, Gate, Sprattel and Ken.

A key note from last power rankings is UOL needs to shine for this roster to do well. UOL went 1-1, which isn't terrible, but the players failed to score which caused this roster to struggle. Only 35 points combined from Fox and Vizicsacsi.

7Last Week: 5,-2
Diana's Lunar Rebels (Ravishing), 198.01:

Moves:-Keith, -Froggen, -UOL, +LOD, +RF Legendary, +CLG

I rank my team even lower than last week, even though I'm sitting 2-0 with this team, the wins were either very lucky or due to playing a weaker opponent.

This roster was crushed this week due to the FOX forfeiture. With so much uncertainty there, it's going to be tough to find consistency. Only way this team gets wins is with some bold moves by management and a little bit of luck.

6Last Week: 7,+1
Frown Town (Dejekt), 183.06:

Moves:-Soaz, -IWDominate, -Hjarnan, -KonKwon, +Kikis, +Trick, +Hybrid, +Perkz

This team scored 3rd most in Week 1 and I didn't give them much credit. This week they scored 3rd fewest, so 6th seems more reasonable, with still lots of room to improve.

This team made bold moves this week, and they almost paid off. Adding 4 members of the G2 roster was a huge risk, one blowout game from either G2 or their opponent means very low scores.

Hybrid out performed KonKwon by 9, IWD has retired and Trick is performing well, Hjarnan out performed Perkz by 11 and Soaz out performed Kikis by 15. Not counting Trick, whom had to be added due to IWD retirement, keeping Soaz and Hjarnan, with Hybrid, would have given this team 17 more points, which would have been just enough to eek out a win by 2 points.

Overall this roster has a lot of talent between starters and subs. It's up to the manager to get the wins!

5Last Week: 4,-1
ZTEAM (Infurio), 188.33:

Moves:None.

With zero moves made, management is very comfortable with this roster. He does get a win this week but could have easily been overtaken if Greenmoon hired a better support.

Sneaky was the weak link here this week, but the rest performed solidly. If Fnatic stay strong this team should remain middle of the pack or better. Getting to the top will require some bold moves.

4Last Week: 3-1
Gilg Picks Eurasians (Graiban), 157.40:

Moves:-Moon, Origen, +Jankos, Renegades

Another casualty from the FOX forfeiture, but also with a poor performance from Doublelift, this team scored the fewest points this week.

GBM only had 8 points from 1 game. Even if he played 2 matches this team still would have been near last in points. With 2 weeks of poor performances, I have to drop this team down a notch. I still think we'll see some very good performances in the future.

This team needs H2K and NRG to do well. H2k had an average week and NRG were only able to play 1 match so it's too early to give up on this team just yet.

3Last Week: 6,+3
LiftLift's Trash (Enzie5), 200.75:

Moves:-Perkz, -Sencux, -G2, +Shiphtur, +Huhi, +Fnatic

Strong management here has this team on the rise. Scoring the 3rd most points this week, yet failing to pick up the win. Future opponents should watch out.

The FOX forfeiture destroyed Altec, but it probably didn't matter overall. Without that, this team could have easily raked in the 2nd most points for week 2.

Perkz did score 3 more than Shiphtur, but Huhi scored 5 more than Sencux and Fnatic were 5 more than G2. Overall a 7 point positive from management. In hindsight keeping Sencrux in place of Shiphtur would have been the highest payoff with a gain of 8 there alone. Sencux was noted as the weakest link in last week's power rankings.

2Last Week: 2
Sid's Spectaculars (Sidian), 215.23:

Moves:-Nukeduck, +Stixxay

Again with the 2nd most points scored, this team remains at the top. The only move made was for the worst as Nukeduck scored 5 more than Stixxay, but it's going to be a toss-up every week between those 2.

Airwaks put in another sub-par performance, so it might be time to seek a replacement.

Overall this team has 6 positions solidly filled with only 2 areas for flex. As long as the manager can fill those slots effectively, he'll stay at the top.

1Last Week: 1
Bandwagoneers (Mario Speedwagon), 236.22:

Moves:-Steelback, +Alex Ich

Remaining at the top, and again with the highest point tally for the week is the Bandwagoneers. Only the flex was changed, which was actually for the worst as Steelback scored 11 more than Alex Ich.

Immortals continue to show dominance. Until they falter, this team will continue to shine.

Week 1 Power Rankings

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
My first 3 ranked placement games. I'm feeling your pain.

rrr_img_123822.jpg
I feel ya this looks like my weekend. A lot of games where I was doing pretty good score wise but everybody else was just getting caved in. I can only be in so many places at once people.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Where are you guys getting info on the team's that are only playing one match, etc? I swapped out steelback because I thought he only had one match.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
There was a loleSport article which was also on Reddit saying FOX had to forfeit saturday, and they played NRG, so FOX/NRG didn't play that game. All other teams should have played 2 matches.

Players are different in that teams can swap players between Sat/Sun so you might have players in 0 or 1 match. Gotta keep an eye out on Reddit and lolesports to see who's in & out.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Shen champ spotlight...
My initial impressions when they announced the new Shen rework was he is going to be broken as hell. This video doesn't alleviate my worries at all. In good hands Shen looks really dumb. He'll probably be close to permaban status. Too many OP champs already, fuck!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Where are you guys getting info on the team's that are only playing one match, etc? I swapped out steelback because I thought he only had one match.
Generally speaking, everyone should have 2 matches. It's just random things that come up, like substitutions, visa issues, forfeits, etc.. that have caused issues so far. Half of Echo Fox was seemingly ineligible to play due to visa issues, so they had forfeited their game on saturday, and had 4 subs for sunday. Freeze had a 'personal issue' and was subbed out this weekend on renegades as well. The top of the fantasy page will post some of these changes, but they aren't 100% accurate, they miss some of them. I tend to checkFantasyLCSsomewhat often, and someone will post a thread for big changes there.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
and.. just saw that diamondprox is not playing for the foreseeable future as well.. seems Germany no longer recognizes the LCS as a legitimate 'job' so they won't give him a work visa. Wow, so many problems this split.