League Of Legends

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I understand why they are keeping the window short, but they need to make it 4 days: 2 weekdays and 2 weekend days.

The work effort for the League rotating game modes in far and above, for example, Tavern Brawl in Hearthstone. I would be shocked if there were actually 8 different modes in the first 2 months but maybe they've hidden a lot from us. If the games modes stick all week, and then come back the next month, it's going to get boring for more people much faster. Better to keep it somewhat rationed so demand and interest remains higher on repeats, because there'll be a LOT of repeats.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I was having this discussion last night with a friend who is in the service industry, both of our 'weekends' are not fri/sat/sun like most. I also understand they dont want it to be for the full week, as it would increase solo queue and ranked queue times if it split the player base too much on low traffic days. Fine. What about 5 days of a game mode, then 5 days off, repeat.
This would change which days of the week it is on for those who can't play on the weekend, but still give a fair amount of time in between game modes.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Played 2 matches of it, first match first ban was Jhin and I was like wtf why, so immobile vs poros and things flying everywhere. Then 2nd game I played Jhin and I saw why :p we lost and I still had a ridiculous scoreline and damage dealt.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
I can have the most gold, most kills, most damage, most assists, least deaths of all 10 players as Sona, but still can't get S. A fucking plus. Multiple times. What more do they want from me? Meanwhile I can play a carry and S no problem.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
I can have the most gold, most kills, most damage, most assists, least deaths of all 10 players as Sona, but still can't get S. A fucking plus. Multiple times. What more do they want from me? Meanwhile I can play a carry and S no problem.
I think the way the system works is that it compares how well you do on that champion versus how others do on that same champion. It may be that there are a lot of good Sona players out there, while the carry you play may have lots of shittier players by comparison. At least, thats what I've read on how the system works

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also if you're talking about Normals/Ranked, as a support, wards placed/killed is a HUGE chunk of rank.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same. I had a 24/6/20 on Sona no S Jinx on team had 14/7/23 and got S.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't think scoreline is more than 50% of your rating, if that. Depending on the role, wards killed/placed, CS, damage dealt, amount healed, etc. etc. is just as important. They've said a bunch of time you can get an S even if your KDA is bad if you fulfilled your role to a higher degree than others of the same champ in same role. So it depends on the metrics for that role.

If you only wanna look at KDA, play midlane assassins, then it'll count for the most probably

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don't think scoreline is more than 50% of your rating, if that. Depending on the role, wards killed/placed, CS, damage dealt, amount healed, etc. etc. is just as important. They've said a bunch of time you can get an S even if your KDA is bad if you fulfilled your role to a higher degree than others of the same champ in same role. So it depends on the metrics for that role.

If you only wanna look at KDA, play midlane assassins, then it'll count for the most probably
There are no wards on this map though and healing is reduced 50% on other players.

Caliane

yeah. I jumped in for some poro king. played sona and nami.

lost with nami, having something like 10/5/46. team AD just couldn't focus or kill for their lives. we didn't even drop the first tower. But, as the same time, the Graves on my team, when we LOST and didnt drop tower, got S rank, with 15/8/10 or something. I got "A" iirc.
then with sona, we won, I put up similar numbers, got "a-".

not a fan of arbitrary rankings like that. its win/lose. Got to wonder what the metrics are.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually haven't seen any S ranks happen in my poro king games so far, out of like ~15 or so. I saw one in at least half of the games in Ascension, maybe more. Maybe the number of poros you land and get hit by are a metric here? That Graves might have dodged all of them and landed all of his or something crazy.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I've gotten 2 or 3 with Illaoi on Poro king. You don't normally get these on Aram, so I don't even know what the hell they're supposed to do, or what they mean. Is it a permanent badge with a champ, or can you lose it like rank?

Caliane

I've gotten 2 or 3 with Illaoi on Poro king. You don't normally get these on Aram, so I don't even know what the hell they're supposed to do, or what they mean. Is it a permanent badge with a champ, or can you lose it like rank?
a few things. one is champion mastery. which was previously only Summoners rift.

Champion Mastery - League of Legends Wiki - Wikia
Champion Mastery is a progression system which tracks a player's aptitude and experience with each champion. At the end of every game, players receive a grade which scores their performance in comparison to the whole player base in that respective champion and position combination. These grades then translate into a point score which accumulates over time, eventually unlocking new Champion Mastery tiers and rewards as the player advances through the system.

Champion Mastery is directly tied with Hextech Crafting.
These grades are not persistent and only represent how well you performed in that specific game.
Champion Mastery is currently divided into 5 tiers with Tier 5 being the highest, although there are plans to add two more tiers in the near future. To progress through the tiers, you need to play games on your champion and earn mastery points (CP), with a current projection of 15-30 games to reach Tier
Tier 1
badge
Tier 2
bigger badge
Tier 3
biggerer badge
Tier 4 - biggererer Loading Screen Badge, Custom Emote, Announcement Banner
Champion mastery tier 5
Tier 5 - biggerererer Loading Screen Badge, Custom Emote, Announcement Banner

and Titles
Champion Mastery - League of Legends Wiki - Wikia

Mastery points do not decay.
Mastery then is related to hextech crafting.

you get a chest when you or someone in your premade team gets an S rank. 4 chests total per rank, only 1 per champion played.
Keys and key fragments for the chest, any time you win.

intelnavi_sl

shitlord
I actually haven't seen any S ranks happen in my poro king games so far, out of like ~15 or so. I saw one in at least half of the games in Ascension, maybe more. Maybe the number of poros you land and get hit by are a metric here? That Graves might have dodged all of them and landed all of his or something crazy.
I can play a mage and get an s everytime, I'll have to try an ad. But sona is def nogo even killing everyone.