League Of Legends

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
yea, great worlds. Semifinals and Finals ended up both being great matches, so that was nice.

GOD DAMNIT SSG.. you were THIS close. They were ahead in game 5 in the early game and then just slowly let it slip from their fingers. I don't get why Cuvee wasn't doing some teleport flanks, they had such a tanky frontline that SSG couldnt seem to get through, but if he had gotten into the backline that could have swung a teamfight. There was at least 2 opportunities I saw his TP up and a decent ward to TP to if they just went for it.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I was at Staples Center tonight and this was an amazing Worlds. Game 3 was probably the best game of League I've ever seen played. But the hype and tension in the arena was out of control. Really amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like they did a good job with the arena setup too, I wanted to see the map, did it mimic the minimap? also they ditched the teams staring at each other in the center, wonder if this means booths next year since they basically hid the players which was the reason not to have booths the first place.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
The map on the arena floor tracked the lanes that were pushing and how far they have gone in real time. They also showed the turrets, jungle camps, dragon and baron up/down status as well as objective count.

Last edited:

DethBreth

Lord Nagafen Raider
So i've played a ton of DOTA 2, but would like to try LoL any streamers recommended, similar to I guess Purge for Dota?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Now that it's the off season you can find a lot of competitive players streaming. TSM/C9/Immortal guys are my preference. Bjergsen usually gets the largest audience when he's on. You can go to lolesports.com and view team rosters to see who you want to try and follow. If you prefer a role you'll want to focus in on those streamers. Like Bjergsen is a mid laner, Doublelift/Sneaky for ADC, Hauntzer/Impact for Top, etc.

Outside of the competitive guys, imaqtpie is a very popular stream and Nightblue3 use to be decent but I'm not much a fan anymore.

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
my random kneejerk reaction after this weekend. (this is not meant to be rational, but rather a cathartic response to C9 being the only to get through groups, and really doing it by failing their way out of groups at that.)

CLG - upgrade their korean midlaner. upgrade toplane. neither will happen, because they won spring and did well at MSI.
C9 - contractz or dardoch take meteos' spot.

TSM - doublelift to support, so he can shotcall. adc import? hell, there was talk of huni wanting to switch to adc. he'd even be able to play all the lucian he'd ever want!

None of the above will probably happen. reality? Doublelift retires and they end up with like... altec? sigh, this was supposed to be uplifting.

Well, halfway there on my prediction.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Well, halfway there on my prediction.
I'm a little surprised he retired. I guess he just felt burnt out, but I figured he was happy with the team and where they were at. He admits HE underperformed at worlds, so it's not like he's just upset with his team.
But, I don't see TSM getting some veteran ADC from the LCS. If they don't import someone (they can, right? Bjerg is considered a citizen, and so is biofrost/hauntzer right? So they have one import slot still available I believe.) then they will find some unknown guy with great mechanics, just like they found biofrost.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, TSM still has an import slot, and they seem open to koreans this time around. (last year, they specifically referenced english speakers - not this time though.) I'm really hoping it isn't some NA ADC veteran retread.
I could be happy about some young player or just a korean player with nutty mechanics... even if he doesn't speak english.

I'm not sure why I was assuming doublelift would retire. It was just the vibe I had from him always talking about how the older players like him drop off in skill/retire. And the constant referencing of losing money from not streaming. and for once he was the one to blame for their failure, instead of his team. it was probably a pretty big blow to his ego.

Technically he isn't retired - just taking a break for a split, but I don't see him coming back unless tsm (or clg) falls on their face in his absence, so he can come back a hero to save the team.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
yea i agree. He's gonna stream for a split, make a bunch of money, and decide he's done with being a pro. Even if he did try to come back, I have this feeling whoever they get will win out in keeping the spot. Just this feeling, seems like new blood gets on a momentum rush and crushes it for awhile, when they are any good to begin with.

The thing I'm more concerned about for TSM, is I didnt realize how close Bjerg got to getting burnt out after the previous split (when they had yellowstar). I've sort of taken for granted that bjerg would be around forever, but he got close to leaving. He said that he did a complete 180 after this recent split, though, because he's actually enjoying himself again. So, as long as Sven/Hauntzer stay around, Bjerg should as well, at least for one more year.

On the english speaking thing, I think they are ok with broken english this time, potentially. In their previous tryouts, as you said, they wanted fluent speakers. Now, though, they can allow Bjerg and Sven to mostly shot call, and just need a mechanical freak at ADC to follow directions. Obviously, a fluent speaker is still preferred, but they are open to the possibility. I just hope whoever they get is someone who doesn't fold under pressure, that's been their biggest problem on the world stage, historically.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This ranked flex is fucked right now. When does solo come out?

Placements were a disaster, but honestly, even after placements isn't much better.

I was Plat last season, got placed in Gold 1. But literally every game is against Plats (who were Diamonds from last season). I hold my own overall...but I just don't get it. Why am I being grouped against Diamonds consistently? I feel like I had the same problem last season. My hidden MMR gets jacked, and it's just a bigger uphill battle than it should be.

My bet is that Solo Queue releases on Monday in NA. They turned it on for testing in OCE on Thursday.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
tsm loses to a team comp. says fuck it. lets run it back.

and hopefully this means no wildturtle in spring for tsm. (even though i think it was more of a parth issue)

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Just saw some crazy updates on leaguepedia.. Rox Tigers have all left. Dunno yet if they are all trying to move together somewhere, but Peanut's Free agency seems to have been the catalyst.

IMT is breaking up. Adrian and Reignover both officially left. I don't understand what is going on there exactly. Seemed like they were still doing well. Reignover went to Liquid, and unless they drop Fenix or Piglet, I don't see them being able to grab Huni unless some of them are now 'natives' to america and don't count towards import slots anymore. Huni, reignover, fenix, piglet, matt would be a pretty sick team, though.

Still not sure who TSM is going to grab for ADC. I really hope they don't get turtle, I just don't think he is what they need. They'd do decent in LCS with him, he's serviceable at least, but it won't let them reach the next level.

• 1Like

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
yeah, with the rox tigers breaking up and with a bunch of the koreans that went to china returning to korea, the lck could have a pretty wild offseason.

IMT i just don't get. they were the highest paying org in the west, and they went 17-1 and 16-2 during the regular season this year. somehow that is still a recipe for a breakup, just because they failed against tsm and c9 in the playoffs? /shrug
neither fenix nor piglet will count as NA residents, so only 1 of those koreans gets to play with reignover. and despite his tantrum in their video, i'd rather have piglet over fenix. and despite his proven track record with reignover, i wouldn't want huni on liquid, since I don't think liquid can control him after watching them flail about with dardoch and piglet.
There was the rumor of Smeb and reignover joining liquid during worlds. But who knows if that is true. It would certainly make liquid better than anyone in the top half of the map in the west. if they could grab a decent NA bot and midlaner, they should be locks for... 4th. (god i have no idea who is a good NA adc - they could grab wildturtle, but he's still at the TSM house, so i don't think it is him.)

and TSM - just fired weldon as i was typing this, and basically said, "all the shit weldon said about korean bootcamps - yeah, that was him, not us." (I personally don't think he was wrong, but it isn't something you should say)
please not wildturtle for adc. i'm really hoping that some high profile korean adc inquired and regi instantly accepted. I don't even care if the fucker can't speak english. biofrost needs someone to carry him in the botlane, even if it is with grunts and whistles. they'll have the entire year to teach him basic english for worlds.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider

Keith accidentally streamed his conversation with Pobelter (but only pobelter's side comically)

supposed echo fox lineup:
  • Top: RNG Looper
  • JG: Santorin
  • Mid: Froggen
  • Support: IMT Pobelter
  • ADC: KeithMcBrief
TLDW transcription from reddit
  • Pobelter currently looking at offers (has '2' good offers that he's sitting on, but they're 'fucking' him on salary - so he wants to see what Echo Fox evaluates his price at, to see if he's overrating himself)
  • Amazed that they got Looper
  • Would prefer to stay Mid - but always wanted to see if he could do well in another role
  • Thinks of Froggen as a very selfish player (maybe not in attitude) but more so in playstyle, seeing as how Froggen is the midlaner with the least amount of roaming in the NALCS (Feels like jensen is a close second)
  • Adrian smokes pot (night before vsing CLG in canada causing him to be too tired to scrim), has a bad work ethic, and despite the PR he tried to pull during the year, he actually had a very limited champion pool that IMT needed him to pick up, but he couldn't.
  • Duo's with Keith to give it a test run of how Pobelter on support would be
  • Pobelter doesn't feel like '?' on IMTS (Coaching staff / support staff) was that great - didn't feel like improved as a player/person over the last year on IMT
  • Feels like regular season is kind of whatever, but feels like he might have a skewed perspective on it since while on IMT they crushed both regular splits - noted, he said Playoffs everything seems leveled out across top 4 teams. (Thinks that practice leading into/during playoffs is the most important, so you don't burn out in regular season)
  • Santorin sometimes looks good, and others look like he has zero impact (noted while even on TSM) - says that froggen/santorin wanting to always farm might be good, however he feels that Mid/Jungle needs to be active in setting up plays.

Santorin and Froggen = a match made in heaven. But I can't believe Pobelter will be forced to move to support. Hopefully he turns down the offer. :(

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
idk.. a position like support where he shotcalls more might be a great fit for him. He's always been a REALLY smart guy, but his mechanics were subpar compared to other elite mid lanes. On IMT, his style worked real well though, and suddenly he seemed like a great midlaner again. I could see him falling flat on his face as a mid on some other team though. CLG let him go for a reason.

I'm ASTOUNDED TSM let Weldon go. After how much effort Regi went to get him, while Weldon basically told him 'it's not worth it for you to hire me full time, I'm telling you..' and then the season they had after hiring him.. I just don't get it.

Also, what did Weldon say about korean bootcamps? I saw someone made a comment (think it was in a liquid vid though) that when teams come to korea and start losing, they often get down on themselves. So, on average it makes most teams play worse, only the teams with a really good attitude and work ethic about it tend to improve from the bootcamps.
Was it something along those lines?