League Of Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I can understand that opinion, but I'm always surprised at what a team does when hai is shotcalling. Maybe moon just needed better direction and he'll suddenly be fine. I mean, meteos isn't exactly the best mechanical player either. He's good, of course, but it was their unorthodox strategies that really made original c9 shine. But, there was a reason they replaced Meteos when they got Rush.
That said, balls was always their weak point, and altec is no sneaky. I don't think they will finish top 3, but 4th-6th would be impressive with that roster. I'll be rooting for them, at least.

I disagree with some of the power rankings I saw so far. I think people are over-estimating how much TSM lost by swapping turtle in for doublelift. Turtle has good mechanics, he's not a scrub. He was often the KDA leader on immortals through both splits. The rest of TSM still has great synergy, especially sven and bjerg, and biofrost is a god mechanically. So, that's an upgrade for turtle from adrian (who always seemed to be a smart/crafty type player). They are still gonna wreck NA, and lose internationally of course.

So, just for fun, this would be my guess on power rankings, with a big cop out by grouping teams.
1-3) TSM, C9, CLG
I think Contractz will be a breath of fresh air and looking to prove himself, and with 4 vets around him he'll settle in well. Plus, impact and jensen are still amazing.
CLG is CLG, they are gonna be competitive with the same roster. TSM, I went over above, but I think turtle is barely a downgrade as far as how their team operates and they crushed it last split.
4-7) DIG, IMT, P1, TL
I'm a little less confident as I go down the rankings. All of these teams have great talent on paper, just depends on how they work together. For DIG, I think LOD has been held back. He is very good mechanically, but it'll be interesting to see if xpecial can still hang. Their top/jungle is their strong point, obviously, so if they can do an IMT huni/reignover style to carry early, with LOD cleaning up like wildturtle, they could do well.
8-10) EF, EV, FQ
All of these teams look like they would have been a top 5 team a few splits ago, but the level of talent rose quite a bit this off season. So, in comparison these are the weaker looking teams. I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of them defies expectations and ends up a top3 team somehow, though. I'm expecting at least a couple of the teams above them to crash and burn, so a few of these will naturally place higher, I just have no idea which ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
wow, doublelift mirrored and explained my opinions so much better. Feel vindicated that he pointed out LOD/xpecial is being under rated as a bot lane. He also said exactly what I was thinking about DIG's top/jungle duo and that they could be the huni/reignover of this split. The meta looks very top/jungle/mid focused, so the team's that have their talent stacked there have an edge. Even though I grouped teams, I still listed them in rough order within that group, and in that way our lists were almost identical. He had IMT/TL and EF/EV swapped, but I wasn't 100% confident in my order anyway. I think TL won't have nearly the same degree of conflict in their house, but at the same time it's a fairly new roster and coach, so it'll take them time to gel together properly even if the atmosphere isn't toxic at all. So, since both IMT and TL need some time to gel, I think IMT's top/jungle/mid has more strength overall, and their adc being a rookie means anything is possible. If the rest of the team carries early, he'll get confidence by cleaning up fights they set up for him.
for those interested in doublelift's power rankings (though I kind of spoiled it here, his reasoning and explanations are interesting.)

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea I watched that yesterday and agree with it except I don't think FQ will be 10.
And I'll be routing for EF to improve.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I HOPE they arent 10th, cause i like the team, but other then one of the other bottom 3, i just have a hard time thinking they will beat the other teams consistently. Most of these stacked teams are goingto do ok just on raw talent, even if their teamwork isnt great.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
soraka_feeding_wukong_bananas.jpg

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I'd like to move Echo Fox to 10th in my ranking. Apparently they haven't been scrimmaging other teams, and have just been playing vs. their subs... which I assume means that the rumor of teams blacklisting them as scrim partners wasn't just a threat. (for repeated poaching attempts)

And I'd like to move IMT down a spot - they've been scrimmaging with their sub in place of Olleh.

Updated power ranking

TSM
TL
C9
P1
CLG
DIG (the team I'm most interested in seeing play the first week)
IMT
FLY
NV
FOX

DikVM26.jpg

Last edited:

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Sven played like spring split Sven. Which shoudln't be surprising in retrospect, since DoubleLift took over early game shotcalling in summer after YS failed so miserably.
So, enemy jungle gank mid a couple times = no shot calling presence in the early game, because Bjerg can't lane and shotcall for shit.
WildTurtle was what I expected.
But, more than anything, Reapered beat Parth handily in those drafts.

edit: same. can't stand playing it, but i love watching.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
just finished watching the highlights from NA and EU. It was definitely shotcalling that wrecked TSM. I get they had a 'teamfight' comp, especially that first game, but they were starting barons at bad times and then not peeling off when c9 showed up or when it wasn't dying quick enough. If they intended to bait them into a fight, fine, but they didn't peel off and engage if that was the case. I guess I didn't give doublelift enough credit for shotcalling if this is the result.
P1 vs FOX was closer then I thought it'd be. Arkaadian looked pretty decent, and the team overall looked solid considering the rumors no one was scrimming with them. They were ahead in gold in g1 even at the end I believe, they just took one bad teamfight that lost them the game.
EU.. i'm less sure about who is gonna do what, as I don't know some of the new names on teams. But, FNC's new mid, CAPS looked crazy good on that Ryze game. If he lives up to the hype, FNC might just be decent again. UOL looked very strong. G2 not so much, even though they won. They were against what appeared to be a much weaker team going into the game, especially as the reigning champs who only 'improved' their roster during offseason, and they barely won. h2k looks very uneven with their roster changes, especially their bot lane, will see if they can adapt. They only won because OG was simply worse then them, though their new mid NaeHyun showed promise on ekko. MFT vs GIA.. Ignar is sick, might be the best support in EU now and Kakao was of course great, if MFT start to gel together they might crush things. Memento looked very good as the GIA jungler, that's all that stood out there.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
TSM - Yeah, the proactive shot calling was just gone. Sven was a herbavore and the lanes were getting picked and pressured by roams/jungle. C9 did something, even if there were some lulls in action that should have been exploited.

You can't just wait for the other team and expect to win.

Agreed on FOX looking better than expected. But that bot lane just isn't good enough to win.
Arrow vs. Keith damage comparison. 27.8k vs 17k game one and 13.1k vs 5.8k game two.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
froggen is still a great player. keep thinking he will fall off one of these splits, but he keeps being one of the best mids. looper is great, and arkaadian looks better then i thought. in any other meta, their weak bot lane would hurt them more, but they might be 'fine' if the rest of the team is winning. They wont be competing for top 3, but i think they will stay out of bottom 3 easily, unless this first week was just a fluke.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Anyone interested in a fantasy league and want to take it semi-serious? It's not gonna be exclusive to here, gonna post on reddit as well, just doing so here first. Want to do the draft tomorrow evening (Sunday) sometime. We miss week 1, but nice to see each team play once before doing the draft anyway. PM if you want in.

edit: Also, taking suggestions on whether it should be 'first two' or 'best game' for scoring. It looks like they haven't updated that part of the website explaining it since they changed both NA and EU to be bo3 setups. If one scoring system favors NA or EU, someone let me know, I am not seeing how it would anymore.

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
actually, i'm pushing the draft back to tomorrow. Don't have time to do it tonight until late, and that won't be convenient for others.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I couldn't decide between NFL and LCS but watched 1st TSM/IMT game and it was great. Then watched Falcons blow up GB. Seems like a lot of sloppy play in NA atm.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
The best set of the week was the DIG v C9 one, some top quality players on both teams in some really close games. Definitely go back and watch that one if you missed it, it was better than both of the terrible football games yesterday.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Embarrassed to admit, but I'm excited to watch the NACS (starting in 20 minutes). There are some teams with some good talent this split.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Wukong bug if anyone wants to abuse it before it gets fixed. Buy relic shield, use decoy to kill minions and it will proc the charges and you get the kill gold + the relic shield gold and healing. I only tried it with face of teh mountain but i'd guess it works with all the items on the path.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Now that Pulse has been exiled to China, Zirene has easily become my most disliked Riot caster in the west.

But FLY vs CLG was fun.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
So..
how long is fly gonna wreck everyone? im super happy for them, was rooting for this, but very unexpected that they started this well.

Boostinks

N00b
You don't have to spoiler results. League is the NFL of e-sports. Would be like asking not to know the outcome of the super bowl.