League Of Legends

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
What I clearly meant to say is both C9's were going 0-2 this week.

Favorite part of the weekend was Meteos on Olaf just fucking over C9.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
TSM, historically, always does well after a really bad week. Regi cracks the whip and gets more involved, which causes them to bounce back. I made a few bucks betting their two games based on this. I figured they'd win at least one series, for sure, and had 50/50 chance to go 2-0.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Hauntzer looks to be stepping up a bit for the shotcalling, is what I gathered from the interviews and such, and it really showed in the synergy between him and Bjerg. The shen ults onto bjerg right as he was ready to engage/dive were spot on.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah I know that cs plays a huge part in it, the system just makes me wonder sometimes. 5/4/0 with double my cs probably would've been an A+ or S- heh.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Obviously the complete formula is unknown. From what I've personally experienced deaths and CS are the two most important factors for anything but a support champion. The benchmarks you seem to want to hit for an S are 1 death per 10-15 minutes and 150 to 200 CS at 20 mins or 250+ CS if the game goes to 30+ minutes. I don't think I've ever failed to hit an S with those numbers playing mid/top/jung primarily. The other thing to take in to account is Champ usage. If they have low usage it tends to be easier to swing an S whereas high usage champs like Graves tend to require more effort.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, it's champs by role tho. I played renekton support one game and got an S with like 5/3/5 and 50 cs in a 20-25 min game (not S- either) but i've gone 7-1-7 top with him with good cs and gotten A+ or S-.

Noob question time... What's with all the mastery pages i've been seeing on people where they'll split the level 3 ones 1/4 or 4/1 (points 7-11), usually on the lifesteal / dmg+ap masteries. I am guessing it's just some minor min-maxing attempt like some of the random rune pages with 1 or 2 oddball runes thrown into the mix but maybe i'm wrong?

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
With regards to the grading system, they compare your KDA, CS, etc.. with everyone else who plays that champ in that role. When your score is in a certain percentage, it gets that grade. So, if the average katarina player goes 5/5/5, getting that score would get you like a C. If the top 1% gets 10/0/0 or higher, then you have to exceed that score to get an S. I'm making up these numbers, as no one has the exact ones, but it's just to illustrate the point.
This means lower usage champs have less of a sample size, and therefore less people who are 'masters' at it.. i.e. the bar is lower.
I've seen someone get an S+ with like an 11/5/8 score, while someone in the same game got an A- for a 12-2-9 score, and similar CS numbers.

As for the mastery/rune question, zombiewizardhawk zombiewizardhawk If any of the talent points are for crits.. some people just want 1% crit chance for the occasional lucky crit in early laning. There is a large difference between 0 and 1%, but less of a difference then 1 to 2%. Or, they just want a few % of lifesteal for some sustain, but not the full amount from that mastery. With some masteries, the first point over 0 can be a big difference, but it has slightly diminishing returns and is not quite as worth for putting more points. With the example you mentioned, you might want a tiny bit of lifesteal for slow regen while laning, but you want the late game damage from the other mastery. A 1/4 split could make sense then. Especially on a hybrid champ that gets full benefit from that other mastery.

With rune pages, some times you want like 5% CDR at lvl 18 (because your build gets 35%), or a certain amount of CDR reduces a specific ability by enough that you can pull off combos you couldn't otherwise. Like, with 10% cdr, your Q is back up by the time you cast W and E for a burst combo. That's one of the reason you sometimes see weird rune setups with a weird number of CDR at lvl 18 runes, or just a single crit rune, etc..

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Jesus those April Fool's skins range from good to downright two guys sitting in a room with a bunch of coke for the weekend. Galio rework looks interesting I enjoy the "coming in hot" ults.

Also lul at TL picking up Doublelift for the rest of the split, they are just throwing money at the problem of being relegated.

Last edited:

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
If TL had done the change even a week earlier, they probably make the playoffs. They are only 2 games out of 6th, but 4 of their final 6 games are against the top 4 teams in the league and Adrian isn't even playing this weekend.
Hell, they are probably the best botlane in the NALCS by the end of the season, since Arrow is now getting Stunt as his support (and a preemptive reply: Aphro has had a very rough split).

It isn't going to happen, but I'd love to see them make playoffs and knocking off TSM for the laughs.

In the offseason I'd like to see a WildTurtle/DL switch just to see the Liquid-Immortals v2 in action in Summer.

And I really gotta wonder how much money TL just gave for the quasi-transfer and the 3 week rental/practice opportunity for Doublelift...

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm rooting for TL going 0-6 just for the delicious esports drama. Watched a team I once enjoyed back as Curse just slowly spin its wheels season after season and turn into a mismanaged mess where now its just "throw money at the problem oh god please fix this" especially after hearing some of their coaching staff talk shit about the other teams this split doing exactly that. Either somehow they get the miracle run or are forced to enjoy a big pile of hubris.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
0-6 and relegated would be pretty fucking funny - especially if it is to GCU: Fenix and Locodoco.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I hate loco just as much, maybe more, then i do TLs management. Steve has made dumb decisions, but at least he doesnt come off like a whiny little bitch like loco. I like the team of GCU (madlife in NA!), but i really hope they drop locos ass if they do make it through.
I also saw that TL is making another roster change soon, but havent seen what yet. Guessing matt, but maybe lourlo, is gonna be gone too.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
oh, durr.. i just googled and realize what your adrian comment meant.
Why the fuck did he leave p1?? they were doing fine.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
Long story short, Inori stated in a interview that part of the reason he wasn't back playing with P1 was because a member of the team didn't want to play with him. That same day Adrian during an LCS interview said it was nice playing with a "jungler that had a brain" referencing Meteos. Assumption is that the team management value Inori more then Adrian and traded him.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
interesting.

It sounds like inori left because he was too stressed out in that situation then? Or was it an actual personal reason (I heard a family member died?) and then just didn't return right away because of adrian?

My forecast for next split, is that doublelift comes back to TSM, and turtle goes over to TL to make 'immortals lite'. If the tank top meta stays the same, not having huni isn't as big of a deal, and piglet has more potential then pobelter. So, they could be on a very similar power level as Immortals was before they all left.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
interesting.

It sounds like inori left because he was too stressed out in that situation then? Or was it an actual personal reason (I heard a family member died?) and then just didn't return right away because of adrian?

My forecast for next split, is that doublelift comes back to TSM, and turtle goes over to TL to make 'immortals lite'. If the tank top meta stays the same, not having huni isn't as big of a deal, and piglet has more potential then pobelter. So, they could be on a very similar power level as Immortals was before they all left.
TSM said they would keep a 6man roster next split. I'd be surprised if they give up DL or WT when it's summer/ worlds