League Of Legends

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Yea, I saw that, and I think it's a crock of shit. Regi isnt going to say 'yea, we are gonna drop turtle like a bag of bricks when doublelift comes back.' right now. He wants turtle to think he has a place on the team permanently if he performs, and Regi probably does believe that. IF, and its a big if, turtle outperforms doublelift in their 'tryouts' I'm sure he would keep turtle and/or do the 6 man roster. But, do you honestly think they will just play doublelift all split and swap to Turtle for worlds?
Worlds is the only time Turtle has consistently out performed DL, but if he doesn't play most of the split he will be rusty. If he plays most of the split, whats the point of having DL?

Assuming Doublelift gets the starter role, they aren't going to keep Turtle on the bench all split, and Turtle will want a starter spot. Regi will send him over to help his buddy steve out (while getting something in return, of course) and Turtle will like it cause he can play with Adrian and RO again.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, I saw that, and I think it's a crock of shit. Regi isnt going to say 'yea, we are gonna drop turtle like a bag of bricks when doublelift comes back.' right now. He wants turtle to think he has a place on the team permanently if he performs, and Regi probably does believe that. IF, and its a big if, turtle outperforms doublelift in their 'tryouts' I'm sure he would keep turtle and/or do the 6 man roster. But, do you honestly think they will just play doublelift all split and swap to Turtle for worlds?
Worlds is the only time Turtle has consistently out performed DL, but if he doesn't play most of the split he will be rusty. If he plays most of the split, whats the point of having DL?

Assuming Doublelift gets the starter role, they aren't going to keep Turtle on the bench all split, and Turtle will want a starter spot. Regi will send him over to help his buddy steve out (while getting something in return, of course) and Turtle will like it cause he can play with Adrian and RO again.
I think it would make sense for them to try both ADC like SKT have done with their mid lane. In 3 & 5 game series you do have some flexibility here. DL and WT can main different ADCs for flexibility.

I would experiment with playing both throughout the split and into Worlds

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
SKT is the only team, imo, that has ever gained more than they've lost by using subs for 'flexibility'.

In almost every other case, one sub eventually just took over the starting spot or the team continued to struggle swapping their subs around constantly. longzhou, liquid, snake, etc.. all have had multiple people in one or more positions and it didnt work well.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The EU LCS drama today with Giants and Vitality is delicious, remake that cost Giants the series with coachs from other teams even saying the remake was bullshit alongside two casters dick riding Vitality the entire time while shit talking Giants.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Man TL never fails do they.
0-1 so far baby now in last place, also that doublelift getting killed by red buff

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I think flyquest is FINALLY performing like everyone thought they would early on.. I held out on jumping on their bandwagon for weeks, then when i finally did, they started sucking almost immediately.

I believe they just had their shit together early and other teams did not. Now, other teams are getting better, but FLY was already at their ceiling so not much room to improve.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
1 week of regular season remaining. TSM can't lost #1, but C9 could tie if they 2-0 and TSM 0-2.

Phoenix 1 in 3rd is a surprise to me, considering I haven't been watching their games or anything, didn't know they were that good. Last week is a challenge though, they face C9 and TSM. Can easily 0-2.

CLG sitting 4th with a somewhat easy week ahead, they face IMT whom sit 6th and NV whom are last. If CLG 2-0 and Phoenix 0-2 then they tie for 3rd.

If Phoenix can beat C9 then they'll have a chance to tie for 2nd.

Top 6 make playoffs.
FlyQuest and Immortals are tied for 6th currently. Dignitas sits 5th 1 game better.
There's really no way Echo Fox makes top 6 unless they 2-0 and FQ/IMT both 0-2. (And I haven't checked matchups to see if it's even possible for that to occur).

TL and NV are fighting to stay out of relegations.

I love the final week as you get to see all these stories and how they play out. Definitely final week & playoffs are always the best League games.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
P1 has been sick. Arrow deserves the MVP of this entire split, but he won't get it because ADC isn't as flashy as mid, or even jungle/top a lot of times. He's playing so much better/smarter then any other adc, it's ridiculous. Impact being in the lead is dumb, because his bad games have been really bad. Arrow has been more consistent, but sometimes Ryu or Inori/Meteos have stolen some of the stats from him and he doesn't get game MVP.
Adrian was good, but Stunt looks almost better so far.. might just be because the rest of the team has been really clicking, hard to say. Meteos has been almost the perfect style jungler for them. Ryu has been a top 3 mid this split, and Zig is solid. They are just very solid all around, rarely get stomped by anyone.

As for playoffs, honestly, a lot of the bottom teams have all suddenly gotten their shit together over the last few weeks. I would not be surprised in the slightest if FLY doesn't make the playoffs. IMT is surging, they are really starting to play around Dardoch very well and he often runs with it. EF still has the ability to play like they did early on, and they seem to randomly win games against teams you'd think they wouldn't. I don't think they make playoffs, but they could upset some others. So can TL in their quest to avoid relegation. With another week of scrim time with Adrian, they might win some more games. Heck, NV has been playing very strong even in their losses. I could still see them winning against both EF and CLG in the last week, EF going 0-2, TL going 1-1 or 0-2, and NV gets out of relegation even. I wouldn't put money on it, but I wouldn't be surprised.
Also, TSM could lose #1 spot if they go 0-2 and C9 goes 2-0, depending on how many games they win in the matches, on tie breakers. Which is important for playoffs.

1-3) TSM, C9, CLG
4-7) DIG, IMT, P1, TL
8-10) EF, EV, FQ
That was my rough predictions I posted at start of split, (as well as many others of course, not bragging) and while things started off differently, I find it funny that it's looking to settle into the predictions everyone had. Especially if FLY keeps slumping in the last week, and goes 0-2, they could potentially end up 7th.

I also laughed at this
Yea, I can understand that opinion, but I'm always surprised at what a team does when hai is shotcalling. Maybe moon just needed better direction and he'll suddenly be fine.
I'm Nostradamus! For the first half of split, anyway... :(

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Arrow should 100% receive mvp, and I think he'll get it if P1 gets the 2nd seed by beating TSM and C9 this weekend. Or they get it if they go 1-1 and with C9 going 0-2. (C9 plays Dig friday)
But an 0-2 by P1 with TSM ending 16-2 probably ends up with Bjergsen or Hauntzer winning.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
He's too far back in the running. It's not a straight vote, they factor in how many times they got player of a game. He's got 7, Impact has 11.
Impact-11
Dardoch-10
Hauntzer-10
Keane-9
Moon-8
Jensen-8
Then, a bunch of people at 7 such as Hai, bjerg, arrow, etc..

Though, I don't think the list I'm looking at is updated for last week, maybe last two. However, unless he's gotten it almost every game during that time, and almost everyone votes for him on top of it.. I highly doubt he'll get the award. Especially if P1 is not in the top 2. It's gonna be Hauntzer, Impact, Bjerg, Jensen, Arrow or possibly Dardoch, imo. In that order. Dardoch is only in the running based on his player of the game awards and that he's almost single handedly carrying that team kicking and screaming into making it to playoffs. If P1 beats TSM and C9, I'd move arrow up 3 spots, but Ryu could be up there if he carries both series too.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I think you're overvaluing the potg points.
Last summer player of the game points
Bjerg 11
Pobelter 10
Double 9
Jensen 9
Fenix 8
Wildturtle 8
HuHi 8
Keane 8
Huni 7
Reignover 7
And yes, final ballots still had Bjerg winning at 117 and Double at 106. But Reignover ended up 3rd with 72 ... and they only list top 3, so I have no idea what spot Pobelter, Jensen, or any of the 8's ended up at.

I don't think Impact has much of a shot at winning MVP unless C9 ends up 1st or the other candidates really falter and he shines the final week; the last few weeks he has been at best described as shaky.

And speaking of C9 that CLG match was complete shit. WTF were either team doing in that series?
(I'd still give Ziks coach of the year for keeping CLG out of the dumpster once more.)

Last edited:

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The potg count for 3 points each. Each voter that chooses someone 1st, gets 3 points as well. i.e. if I were a voter and said 1st Arrow 2nd Bjergsen 3rd Dardoch. Arrow gets 3 pts, bjerg gets 2 pts, dardoch 1pt.

I agree Impact likely won't win, because he's been getting subbed out at times and he's been inconsistent. His good games have been great, but his shitty games have cost them. But, the total points you could get from potg is roughly equal to the total points you can get from voters. So, at least 4 more people have to put arrow 1st and not even put hauntzer in their top 3 for him to over take. Or, 12 people put him 1st, hauntzer 2nd, etc..
There's just a lot of small things working against him is why I don't think he'll get it. But, I agree he probably SHOULD get it. Though, I have seen some statistical analysis that says Hauntzer is actually being underrated, despite his position in the rankings. Like, he's head and shoulders above everyone else in terms of overall contribution, it's just harder to see. So, I'm starting to think he might deserve it and actually get it.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Fun vid, relevant to one of our past discussions. If both are on TSM the whole split into Worlds I only see good things happening. They will make each other better.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Fun vid, relevant to one of our past discussions. If both are on TSM the whole split into Worlds I only see good things happening. They will make each other better.
That's why Regi even mentioned the 6 man thing, to light a fire under both their asses. But, also to show Doublelift 'look, I'll drop your ass in a second if you ever get complacent like you did at Worlds' because Doublelift gets an ego about himself when he is playing well. Which, btw, there are rumors that his whole 'break' was actually a suspension by TSM because he went out partying one night at Worlds past curfew, and had a shitty performance the next day as well. They just let him announce he wanted the break to save face, they had planned to bench him for the split to prove a point to him and/or because they didn't think he was serious about Worlds. When he joined TL, he said something like 'I wanted to come back sooner, but there wasn't an opportunity before' which means TSM didn't want him back.

On a week to week basis though? I think TSM needs the consistency and synergy between the same people. Constantly swapping him in and out isn't the same as doing that for a solo laner or jungler. To be the best, they need to be on the same page as Biofrost on a split second basis for lane, and especially if Dlift is gonna be a shotcaller again, then he needs that same synergy with the team, both are things that comes with practice and repetition together. Teams can have different strategies that revolve around different champ pools for solo laners, such as Ray/Impact on C9, but even that has been shakey this split. ADC's role on a team doesn't change dramatically or alter a team's comp as much. Sure, ezreal/caitlyn fit into poke comps better, and Ashe is a better initiator, but they are still there for sustained damage mostly. It's not as big as the difference between a Camille or Poppy in top. One helps a split push strategy more, the other is better for team/objective fights.

I think the 'tryouts' may last a few weeks, into the split even, but eventually whoever is performing better will get the start more and then the other will want to leave. TSM can then trade them for something, such as Turtle to TL for money. :p

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I mean he got hard camped on rumble, I doubt many top laners would have done much better there.
Impact had previously been holding his own against camps on C9. He has clearly been off for a while now.
And the voters will be able to look back at Hauntzer getting camped on Rumble against Dig just a few weeks ago and ending up with player of the game instead of hard feeding.

But above all of that, more voters will be likely to give their votes to Jensen over Impact after that series.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I fucking nailed that TL preseason prediction, baby.
TSM
TL
C9
P1
CLG
IMT
DIG
FLY
FOX
NV​

Final standings with Korean count
TSM 0