League Of Legends

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Some necro but this was out yesterday.

I get a kick out of this guy. He is truly a child of the 21st century in terms of media.

• 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Some necro but this was out yesterday.

I get a kick out of this guy. He is truly a child of the 21st century in terms of media.

There goes any good thought I had about the MMO.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

turbo

Molten Core Raider
World's tickets are going on sale for verified buyers tomorrow, think its a lotto vs anyone who puts in for them? I've been watching for years just for the esport side of things and its my birthday that day so figured me and the wife can go up to San Fran to spend the weekend and try and catch it. In the middle of work as well so if anyone gets access and wants to make a quick buck I have no issue paying a decent mark up if you can grab me two tickets. Closer the better, PM if you get your hands on two please. Thanks

turbo

Molten Core Raider
700-1000 for shitty seats on stub hub...never looked at going to an even but is this people trying to scalp super high and will go down after the initial surge or is the demand that high?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
700-1000 for shitty seats on stub hub...never looked at going to an even but is this people trying to scalp super high and will go down after the initial surge or is the demand that high?
That seems outrageous compared to The International for DotA2 back when I was going each year. That’s not to start a flame war between mobas it is just surprising to see tickets that high. Had no concept about League tournament pricing.

Yeah just found my receipts in Gmail, $463 in 2017 monies for two tickets which covered the three days of finals. Was like $300 extra for the qualifier rounds. Oh well not a useful comparison, but interesting!

turbo

Molten Core Raider
Ya this is just for the 1 single final match in San Franisco, cheapest so far was 1500+ for 2 and not remotely "good" location. Probably going to say fuck it and go to a NBA game as my wife hasn't seen one yet and can drop $600 and get pretty quality seats. Really wish the whole scalping/reselling bull shit was illegal, fucking so dumb to have something sell out immediately then see all the tickets for 6-7 X times the price.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This just in... NA fucking sucks. If the joke that is C9 is the best we can vomit out every year then why even send anyone to Worlds? Do they make enough money for it to be worth losing 90% of their games?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Do they make enough money for it to be worth losing 90% of their games?
on a scale of yes to no.png

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You watch these teams in their living environment and you can tell why foreign teams win more. Better coaching, reviews, more hours spent, etc. Last time I watched a US team, they were more concerned with shit that wasnt the fucking game. But its been this way for years now with twitch based, high APM games imo. Was cool as fuck walking through South Korea when I was in the Army around ~2001/2, seeing Starcraft everywhere I looked. Asian culture just promotes technocracy and its pretty fucking awesome to see it all summed up like that in person.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Given the choice I'd rather be an American psuedo-celebrity twitch streamer kind of pro player than the South Korean doing what it takes to be the best kind of pro player.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Given the choice I'd rather be an American psuedo-celebrity twitch streamer kind of pro player than the South Korean doing what it takes to be the best kind of pro player.

Exactly.

The American kids have a longer shelf-life, too. Hating the game because you've spent so much time playing is a real thing, and it hits different than physical sports.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
This is why so many LCS teams are made up of EU and KR imports, and EU and KR imports who have been here long enough to get a green card so they no longer count as imports (for example 100T has 0 NA born players)

LCS is the retirement league for washed but still passable Europeans and Koreans.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>

Yep, 10k average viewers for those 'washouts' means a few hundred thousand a year to spectate the pros games.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yep, 10k average viewers for those 'washouts' means a few hundred thousand a year to spectate the pros games.
The RSI/ct and other problems those Koreans are going to have in their hands makes the arthritis most of us gamers get or are going to get seem tame.

• 1Like

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gotta be one of the most lopsided finals T1 dominated, good to see faker get his fourth win. Man is basically the Brady for Korea, but Zeus and keria are next level and carried it.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Gotta be one of the most lopsided finals T1 dominated, good to see faker get his fourth win. Man is basically the Brady for Korea, but Zeus and keria are next level and carried it.
That fight where Zeus had the entire enemy team on him tanking it all until the rest of T1 showed up and STILL getting out alive was great.

• 1Solidarity

Needless

Toe Sucker
glad the goat is getting his ahri skin he's wanted for so long lol
if keria doesnt make some homage to newjeans on his i'll be upset

T1 was incredible this year, their entire team was so dominate in every position, great finals to watch as a t1 fan (everybody lol)