League Of Legends

penalty_sl

shitlord
After sucking it up and playing some more I've come to the conclusion that the game is incredibly snowbally now. It feels like everyones way stronger offensively and a few kills usually leads to winning the game.

Most games never go past 20-25 mins. The only thing I wish was changed is a shorter FF timer.. maybe at 15 mins.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
After sucking it up and playing some more I've come to the conclusion that the game is incredibly snowbally now. It feels like everyones way stronger offensively and a few kills usually leads to winning the game.

Most games never go past 20-25 mins. The only thing I wish was changed is a shorter FF timer.. maybe at 15 mins.
Is this a good or bad thing? Riot and a good number of players wanted games to be quicker during s5, but now that its upon us, are people actually enjoying 20 min games where its dictated by a few early kills?

Personally, I didn't mind 35-45 min games because it gave you some buffer for sometimes having a bad early start, but are able to turn it around if you tighten up and play better. Not sure thats possible in this new meta

penalty_sl

shitlord
Its damn near unbearable if you're on the losing side sometimes. I've had a few games where the enemy team gets up 5-6 kills in the first few minutes and you already know its over. Thats really my only big gripe with it at the moment.

Winning teams are able to get way ahead now and become unbeatable but they still have to kill the nexus to win the game. So shit can get wayyy dragged out. Most of my games end in FF for the losing team.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Games at the pro level last season were usually decided by the first couple kills, too. The game has always been snowbally. It's rare to ever see a close game or comeback game.

Playing in Gold/Plat level, my games have still been very back & forth. Probably Diamond+ games are more one-sided affairs.

Laning phase ends much sooner which is a good thing imo. Watching people farm for 15minutes is boring. Having the action start early is more exciting and requires more skill & coordination by teams. It should make watching esports a lot better.

They are already nerfing some of the majorly broken things, and adding more health to Turrets.

I'll need to play more to make a definitive decision, but right now I like the goal of having shorter game times.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
Playing in Gold/Plat level, my games have still been very back & forth. Probably Diamond+ games are more one-sided affairs
Ok cool, that's not as bad as I envisioned it. I haven't played this season yet because I was worried how lopsided games were going to be and was going to wait until the next patch to see if the changes fix some of the broken stuff. Early reports of that patch look promising

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ok cool, that's not as bad as I envisioned it. I haven't played this season yet because I was worried how lopsided games were going to be and was going to wait until the next patch to see if the changes fix some of the broken stuff. Early reports of that patch look promising
Yea so far I've only played 2 ranked games and like 4 or 5 normals. The 2 ranked games were both comeback victories for my team. The 1st ranked game included a classic baron throw by the enemy team. Not much has changed imo, other than the game time shortening.

penalty_sl

shitlord
One thing I also like is how incredibly diverse picks are now. Theres so many good champions and team comps with these new masteries and items.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The Aram was ridiculous, which I don't think is spoiling anything.. was about what I expected.
When I read who the celebrities were, not knowing who Kryzanich was and not paying attention to league for awhile, I figured there was some league personality named Mark Cuban I didn't know about.. was REALLY surprised it was the actual Cuban. Interesting that he is interested in LoL, wouldn't be surprised if he invested in a tournament/team/event of some kind in the future. He's got the perfect background to 'get it' when it comes to esports. Sports team owner and techie.

cuban had the better coach, telling him basically 'just stay back and let your team win for you' so he didn't feed as much as Kryzanich. Soon as I saw him staying behind team and Kryzanich walking up into range, I figured that's how the game would go. I also saw Snoopeh actively trying to coach him, didn't see stvicious doing the same thing for brian as much.

sebur

Bronze Squire
I don't know if you caught the interview before the game with Mark but he basically said just that. He wasn't going to divulge any information but be looking for him to be involved in the future in some aspect. He also was talking shit about I believe Colin? (apparently doesn't understand esports and bashes it or something) I wonder if Colin is the one from ESPN.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I don't know if you caught the interview before the game with Mark but he basically said just that. He wasn't going to divulge any information but be looking for him to be involved in the future in some aspect. He also was talking shit about I believe Colin? (apparently doesn't understand esports and bashes it or something) I wonder if Colin is the one from ESPN.
Yeah pretty sure he was referring to Colin Cowheard.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
So I played my first ranked game of League ever today. It left me with a couple questions if anyone could please help the noob out.

1. How many roles should I know or at least be mildly competent at before I do that again? I really only know ADC and the top laner complained about me all game, despite the fact I out farmed him and died less.
2. Are there any general guidelines to how much CS you should have at a certain time point? We FFed at ~20 mins and I had 125 CS and a score of 0/4/2. The last 2 of my deaths coming in what amounted to garbage time waiting on the FF timer to come up. I realize the 2 deaths is probably high for that point in the game.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
1 - the more the better. 2 at a minimum or 2 plus support. The more champs that can play multiple you know the better off you are.

2 - I forget the numbers but you can Google max creep score by time and then find out how efficient you are. The more efficient you are the higher the rank you'll probably be. What is it, 15 cs is a single kill in gold?

sebur

Bronze Squire
What Draegan said. In reality you never know what role you will be thrown in to so at a minimum IMO you should have at least 2 champs in each role that you thoroughly know.

Yes about 15 cs =1 kill in gold. Also a general rule to shoot for (this is about what pro players average) is 100 cs per 10 minutes or miss no more than 1-2 minions per wave (if you end up at say 70ish per 10 I would say you are doing great, so based upon your aforementioned CS you are right in that range). Like I mentioned this is generally what a pro player will be at so unless you end up in the diamond+ range you will probably never hit this, however, if this is what you are shooting for you can at least judge how good/bad you are doing.

Edit- also something to think about....you CS'd about 55% of the waves so if you increased that slightly to say 70% and were around 164 cs, you would gain an additional 1k or so gold, just to stress the importance of CS.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
As a beginner to ranked, you get matched with silvers your first match and your mmr changes significantly from wins and losses to help get you to your correct rank faster. Don't be afraid to play more. You'll be matched with low silvers next game and probably bronze players after a couple more losses.

Don't worry about being in bronze. It's a slow grind, gotta start somewhere.