League Of Legends

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
If your MMR is higher than your tier you just need to win some games it it'll auto correct. I just finished a best of 3 yesterday on the smurf I'm using to help Ronne into Gold and went from Silver 3 to Silver 1 on it and my win/loss ratio isn't good. If your MMR is really out of line with where you are at it can jump you an entire league. I don't know how many of those 11 losses you did in one sitting but when I was shooting for a specific rating in seasons past and had a couple balls shit games in a row happen I'd get up and come back later. If you are actually trying to advance keep in mind that a dodge outside of a qualifer is only 3 LP and LP don't mean anything. If in any of those 11 games you saw shit that looked like trolling or raging you could leave and try again in five minutes.

In S2 it was really difficult for me to make it in to Gold and it took aggressive dodging when I got either a lane I couldn't do (top) or got massively counter picked in the jungle. That's a big part of why I don't believe for a second the current tiers are even close to the old tiers. When I did my qualifiers in S3 I got dumped in to Gold 2, and immediately made it to Gold 1. There is just no way that I went from the absolute bottom of S2 Gold to being a hair's breadth from S3 Plat over those few games unless the benchmarks were lowered.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I failed 2 promotions from silver 2 to silver 1, then rocketed down to silver 5. if your MMR gets you suck w/ people in the 5 group, regardless of color, you can get f'ed. when i was trying to get into silver 1, i got paired with a ton of gold 5s, they were bad. when i was in silver 5, others in silver 5 were worse than the bronze 1,2's i got paired with. no risk of losing any more rank allows people to troll more, even encourages it.
So much this. When I went from bronze 1 to silver 5 the other day, I instantly ran in to 10 troll games in a row. 1 win, 9 losses. The win was a close game, the losses were all steamrolls full of rage, trolls, etc. all the shit that finally started to go away in the last 40ish games I did from bronze 1 to silver 5 and even some of my bronze 2 games before that.

It doesn't help the matter either that someone can get lucky in their promo series and get plopped in silver, they don't even get the chance to be in bronze where they probably should because they got carried in 5 of their placement games etc.

The silver 5 trolls would have an MMR below those in Bronze 1 so the only way you'd get "stuck" with them is if your MMR was into the bronze level.
This doesn't help when you're on your way up the MMR chain and they're on their way down the MMR chain... paths are going to cross at some point and boom, it's like swimming against the current in a poop-filled toilet as it flushes down.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It doesn't help the matter either that someone can get lucky in their promo series and get plopped in silver, they don't even get the chance to be in bronze where they probably should because they got carried in 5 of their placement games etc.
When I first got to 30 I figured I'd just lose all ten placement games and then have a trash tier account to duo queue with people who are in a series. I wasn't going to troll or feed on purpose or anything but if I thought if was just completely ineffectual the games would end up losses. I went with Support Teemo game 1 with a Vayne partner and Vayne went 7/0 and threw the whole game on her back. I didn't have a whole lot of say in the outcome of most of the games I played.

blumpster_sl

shitlord
I feel a little bad for you guys. I got provi'd into Gold 1, am now in plat V getting 30+ LP a win, and have gone 9-1 since being placed. I seem to have basically missed out on all the shitty parts of this system. There were a couple games with troll tops (why is it always top?) but we managed to recover and they redeemed themselves. I've also had some really close games that I thought we'd lose for sure. Down an inhib, one nexus turret dead etc. and we come back to win. It's been a lot of fun, actually, and I've gotten a lot of good players who are willing to lead.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
This doesn't help when you're on your way up the MMR chain and they're on their way down the MMR chain... paths are going to cross at some point and boom, it's like swimming against the current in a poop-filled toilet as it flushes down.
Yeah this has nothing to do with his example though, where he was coming from the top into Silver 5.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Still being sub 30 is fun. I get all sorts of fucked up comps. Like I had an Aatrox/Lulu duo top with a Yi/Nami bot and me with a mid Orianna. That game was hilariously bad. Still won the game though, I think.

I just get a ton of bad games where the only real practice/training/fun I have is the laning phase because once it transitions past that, it's just a cluster fuck. No initiating, just running around randomly farming. Not pushing lanes AT ALL on an ace.

I look forward to when I can play games that have some form of cohesion. Even if I lose or someone else feeding, as long as I get some a team comp that might be 50% legit.

Also, fuck Warwick junglers. They can get the fuck out of here.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Since everyone is sharing their story, I'll share mine. I haven't played in about two weeks now because after doing my placements I went like 6-3, was in promos for silver 1 and then lost the next 10 games in a row. Literally 8/10 games had an afk/disconnect in the beginning and the other two my team had a lead in the beginning, someone would get caught out and then 1 or 2 other people would not shut up about it, even though we probably still had like a 5k gold lead and they'd throw the game. So I said fuck it, and I'm having fun playing other games, but I agreed to watch my nephew tonight so I'm sure he'll want to play, we'll see how it goes.

Celebrindal

Golden Squire
Any graphic designers here?

If someone can vector this for me, I'll gift you a 975 skin. Shouldn't take too much time. I have the psd if you need it.

rrr_img_44187.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Gah, Regi. What the fuck. Ulting as Zed onto a Jax that has Counterstrike available? I shouldn't feel like I know the Zed/Jax match up better than TSM or even the commentators.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Dyrus needs to stop trying to outplay the toplane. He keeps getting his hand smacked for being greedy against SKT & OMG.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plus jax starting counter strike and flash + stunning was very smart. Jax was still level 1 at the time so I doubt Dyrus expected that at all.