League Of Legends

Xalara

Golden Squire
Yeah, if they want to turn this into an spectator sport Riot needs to adopt a format that lets people see more of their favourite teams

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Yeah, if they want to turn this into an spectator sport Riot needs to adopt a format that lets people see more of their favourite teams
I would say, they also need to show games at better times and in better formats. The splits are on at weird times and dates. They should all take place on a weekend or something and go all day. Similar to the NFL. I know I don't really watch many games live because they're on at odd times. For example, they should have multiple games going at the same time as well. Turn the client into a viewing client. If there are 4-8 games in a week, have 4 games early and 4 game late in a single day. Then make a Redzone like channel that brings them all together.

The NFL is the most successful sport when it comes to viewership. You just need to steal their model.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
There's something to be said for a variety of times and days for different types of matches though. Unlike the NFL, Americans are only a percentage of the viewership for League, and even the non-english streams still have to stream live whenever the games are actually on. With VoDs being free, HD, and uploaded within a few hours typically, I don't mind having to catch up if my favorite team played when I'm not home. BIG matches should still take place at the most accessible times possible, i.e. weekends obviously.

Edit: The format definitely needs work. The whole LCS, split, more LCS, groups thing felt kinda dumb after the fact. I don't get to watch much OGN but I like their format a little better. Still not perfect but it's more interesting to have 2 games in a row by a pair of teams than one game.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The times don't bother me in this modern age of streaming. I can go watch it whenever it is most convenient to me. Watching something live can be kinda cool but it's not a big deal.

The big deal for me is the pile of games in group stage into single elimination top 8. The teams that did the best in LCS getting to skip groups is alright and a worthy reward to aim for but I want a full (and I mean full) double elimination top eight with bracket resets and everything. None of that "in the finals the team from winners counts as being one game up" nonsense. You play that shit out.

edit - Smurf gold, support Fiddle did all the heavy lifting

rrr_img_44610.jpg

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe the top 4 teams got put in a position to play 2 games. After a 30 something game regular season. That's absolutely asinine. The international did a loser bracket that still housed every team - and it was a best of 1 until later in the tourney - which (16 teams obviously so an extra round) - with only 8 in the quarters there is no reason they couldn't have done a full best of 3 loser bracket. They played 40 group stage games, a max of 12 quarters games (actual 10), a max of 10 semi-final games, and a max of 5 finals games - worst case we'll see 9 more games. Even if there is a full 15 games, they will have played 15 less games between the top 8 teams. Than the group stage alone.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I want someone to grind up through the tiers maining whatever champion the current tier is named for.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I played Zed last night for the first time. I was kind of bad. I can see how this champ can be really good, and also really bad if you're retarded which I was last night apparently.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ya, usually when the skill meter for the champion is maxed out, he's gonna be hard to play.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
It didn't help going against a really good Fizz. But, I didn't do too bad. I ended up trading kills with him going 3/3/0 and me 3/3/0. I did get first blood though. It took me a while to get used to the Q in combo with the W. I'm going to have to practice a bit more with him having to get used to a bit of the dual aspect with the shadows.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fizz is a pretty rough match for Zed anyway, as anyone halfway decent with him will just troll-pole basically your whole ult.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I liked Zed back when he was played top lane. He get nerfed or something, I always see him mid now?

Also, SKT vs NJS in 20 minutes.

EmiliaEQ_sl

shitlord
The casters for pretending a 14k gold lead at 20 minutes wasn't insurmountable was hysterical though.
Well a bad baron fight is almost a 10K swing, if not more...
smile.png
But yeah 34.2 vs 20.9 at 19:45 it is almost impossible to lose.
Unless you are Vulcan Throwbargains or really really fuck up a Baron fight (see Gambit vs SSO)

I was very disappointed by Gambit, i expected something better... But yeah Faker is amazing,

http://fr.twitch.tv/riotgames/videos...ast_broadcastsall official LCS broadcasts.