Legend of Grimrock 2

Sylverlokk

Golden Knight of the Realm
My quicksave just got corrupted, so that apparently can happen, I don't have a recent save other than that so yeah. Make sure to do regular full saves.
When that happened to me in the first game I posted on their forum and they sent me a save right after the part it crashed in. Different gear of course but the characters were unleveled and approximately the same level as mine were so that was awesome.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
When that happened to me in the first game I posted on their forum and they sent me a save right after the part it crashed in. Different gear of course but the characters were unleveled and approximately the same level as mine were so that was awesome.
From the error message they said it was my HDD failling but not really having issues with it so don't know, anyway not a big issue as I didn't like my party that much and like my new one a lot more. It's basically perfect, at least with my current knowledge. Depending on what ends up being endgame weapons and shit, the optimal choices might be different but so far it's doing fine and every char is exactly what I wanted them to be, frontline is tanky enough to tank what's meant to be tanked, damage is high so shit not meant to be tanked dies pretty fast and I have infinite potions which theorically means infinite stats. Still gets killed pretty often though on hard, game is definitely not undertuned this time around, or I haven't found the completely broken party that steamrolls everything without an issue. I progress fine but some of the fights are quite a challenge with what I think is a very optimized party.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
About 7 hours in now, mostly cleared the ruins west of the island. Some really cool puzzles. Some are not solvable without going deeper first though. The rock/sword/scroll thing had me stumped for a while, had a cool little lightbulb moment there which is nice when most games seem to flash popup after popup of "press X now" nowadays.

Not sure if I want to reroll though. Front line rogue still goes splat way too often, a mino barb is my other front line and he hasn't died once. I'm thinking mitigation helps a lot more than evasion. Guns seem very meh so far, feels like I wasted points on that.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
If you want to reroll, make an all ratling party where everyone gets the mutation trait. Two frontline barbarians with heavy weapons and armor plus one point in accuracy. Go full dex on character creation for added hit chance and some base evasion. Rogue in the back with light weapons/accuracy/alchemy and maybe some crit later on. Last spot is a battlemage, it's much sturdier than a regular wizard and the only downside is a slightly smaller energy pool.

Caliane

ran into a couple dead ends, wasn't sure which was, come back later, vs look around harder. but you guys don't seem to be hitting as many, so I must be dumb.

Caliane

If you want to reroll, make an all ratling party where everyone gets the mutation trait. Two frontline barbarians with heavy weapons and armor plus one point in accuracy. Go full dex on character creation for added hit chance and some base evasion. Rogue in the back with light weapons/accuracy/alchemy and maybe some crit later on. Last spot is a battlemage, it's much sturdier than a regular wizard and the only downside is a slightly smaller energy pool.
yeah. Battlemage seems wholly better then wizard.
As far as I could tell, wiz only got a small energy boost yeah. Which, is nothing in the face of mana potions. (and hardly an issue even without them.)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Eh, nothing really does big dmg to my wizard and more energy is pretty much always better, but you do get more health and the 10resist all thing which helps a bit. I'd go alchemist over rogue in backline though, with 5alchemy you can make +stat potions but the herbs are obviously limited for it but with an alchemist you just put all the other herbs on someone else and run around in circle for 10mins and get a few of these herbs to multiply and get a bunch of stats. Alchemist stats growth is good too, better than rogue. Obviously damage is lower however, but not by a huge amount if using ranged weapons, if you're meleeing from backline though you do lose quite a bit.

Ratlings mutation is a mixed bag too, you can get shit mutations. They seem to be rolled on char creation also, not on level up, so you can't reload to get the right ones, so it's kinda eh whatever. It's something though, but like lizardmen frontlines get 70 all resist on lvl 1 and minos starts with +2stats than everyone else and one of the mino can have like +8str from headhunter(which is gonna be more consistent than ratling mutation for the most part).

Pro tip though is to eat the right food for the right race. Not sure about minos and pretty sure humans don't get the bonus, but lizard > eggs, insect > fruits and rats > cheese gives +stat at like 3, then 4, then 5 eaten(or at least that's how it was on rat and lizard). This lets you get some free stats. Again stats are rolled on creation so you always get the same thing.

Disp_sl

shitlord
How do you get into the crystal mines? I'm completely out of ideas. There are 4 pressure plates and 2 poison statues at the end and I can't find any clues for what I'm supposed to do here.

rrr_img_79274.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you get into the crystal mines? I'm completely out of ideas. There are 4 pressure plates and 2 poison statues at the end and I can't find any clues for what I'm supposed to do here.
There's a hint from one of the statues on the island that says To enter the Crystal Mines, go the Way of the Snail

In case of, that means go very slowly. Wait like 2-3secs on every pressure plate and/or wait like 5secs on the last one, the statues won't fire and you'll be fine

Oh and in case of, if you missed the hint, I believe the statue is on a part of that zone that isn't directly accessible, you have to go through the sewers. Make sure to check it out. Good luck with the mines btw, there's A LOT of secrets and weird shit going on, and it takes fucking forever to clear plus there's a billion mobs in there. You do get a lot of pretty cool gear though and like 4gold keys.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Just finished up, Bog/Crystal mines probably gonna start on cemetary/pyramid tormorrow.

Some of thoose crystal mine puzzles though, I was almost at wits end when i just started shooting randomly.

And is there something I'm missing with Firearms ? Just seems like a waste of points for 5

I did find the Repeater in the Crystal mines but mehhh.. but that cannon hahahhaahaha

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Finished cemetary, not sure what's up but there were very very few secrets. I scoured every wall as usual and caught a few but overall in the 3 levels of the cemetary I found like 4secrets, so not sure if it's just a low secret area or if I missed a bunch. There aren't really any puzzle or visible stuff I skipped so that annoys me a bit. Anyone found like a decent dagger besides the Punch dagger? I'd like to go to that zone next as I'm getting tired of my rogue's weapons. I found a legendary axe for my mino barb in cemetary(shit needs 1pt critical to use the special though so debating if it's worth taking since the levels are really slow now, I'm like 13 or something) but daggers I haven't found in forever.

The Dex bonus weapons?
If so i found 2 in the Pyramid , real nice too. One of them has a nice ability as well , and a great 2 hander in there as well that does cold dmg with an ability on top of that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I guessed it was pyramid, started bog
frown.png

Oh well guess there's something good waiting. Don't think I'll replace my current 2H, it's just insanely strong, there was even an achievement for it, it's like 45-90 or something dumb, crits stuff for 400-450 with it.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
How do you actually get access to the pyramid? I've read you have to pick the serpent staff in the cache to open the pyramids door. I actually picked up the staff but eventually threw the thing away, because it's just a crappy weapon. Please tell me that I don't really need it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
How do you actually get access to the pyramid? I've read you have to pick the serpent staff in the cache to open the pyramids door. I actually picked up the staff but eventually threw the thing away, because it's just a crappy weapon. Please tell me that I don't really need it.
The serpent staff you need isn't in the cache, or at least I don't think it's the same one. You get it from the bog, Runemaster's Trial puzzle.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Bought this on an Impulse and I have never played the Grimrock series before. I'm playing on Hard and my starting party is 2 frontline heavy weapon wielding Barbs and my back line is a Combat Mage and Alchemist (prob going firearms) Entire party is Lizardmen with the Resist All trait.

Anyone want to give me non-spoiler things-I-should-know tips?