Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I would think Nintendo's time is running out on handhelds. As phones become cheaper and more powerful, kids can play games on those. Hell, game streaming (like with GeForce Now) is pretty impressive, so it doesn't even require high-end hardware. Nintendo could easily become irrelevant in quick order.

Anyway, the gameplay of Tears will probably be great. But is it just me for do the graphics in the video look very washed out? Like the brightness is set too high.

They are doing fine sales wise. They have a strong brand like Disney. Know a lot of people that dont game much but do have a Switch.

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think there'll be a reckoning soon to get kids off social media and phones/tablets, so Nintendo Handhelds will be quite well positioned.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Regardless of their hardware situation and no matter how much we hate it their typical customer will continually justify $60-70 prices for 10 year old games, pay $30-50 for $2 steam indie games, buy decades old remakes for modern prices etc. Parents aren't going to buy a Steam Deck in lieu of a Nintendos.

And they have like $15B in the bank to pivot in whatever direction is needed.

Our best hope is that Microsoft somehow manages to get Nintendo into their GaaS ecosystem, but that's a dream ;[

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Regardless of their hardware situation and no matter how much we hate it their typical customer will continually justify $60-70 prices for 10 year old games, pay $30-50 for $2 steam indie games, buy decades old remakes for modern prices etc. Parents aren't going to buy a Steam Deck in lieu of a Nintendos.

And they have like $15B in the bank to pivot in whatever direction is needed.

Our best hope is that Microsoft somehow manages to get Nintendo into their GaaS ecosystem, but that's a dream ;[
We can’t even get them to sell their stuff for full price on real systems, there’s no way they’re going to put them on some loss leading GaaS shit.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Bigger issue to me, was not finding the fucker who let you trade in +equipment slots for seeds until the 2nd playthrough.
I only recently got a switch and really like this game. I think my biggest problem with it is that I played Elden ring first. When I started playing it I committed to myself that I was going to play it completely blind. I found that big tree fucker in the beginning and only unlocked a couple extra slots and unfortunately didn’t think to put down a bookmark. Probably like 50+ hours later and I have not been able to find that big tree fucker again and I’ve found like 150 seeds from the little tree fuckers. I think I have to break down and look it up which saddens me.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I only recently got a switch and really like this game. I think my biggest problem with it is that I played Elden ring first. When I started playing it I committed to myself that I was going to play it completely blind. I found that big tree fucker in the beginning and only unlocked a couple extra slots and unfortunately didn’t think to put down a bookmark. Probably like 50+ hours later and I have not been able to find that big tree fucker again and I’ve found like 150 seeds from the little tree fuckers. I think I have to break down and look it up which saddens me.
Well, he moves. So the mark probably wouldn’t have helped.

• 1Rustled

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
This might be a hard game for me looking back on BotW....

I was playing BotW when my wife was pregnant with our first son. It was fun. She'd watch and we'd chat about the future. But I had to stop somewhat after his birth then we had the nightmare the followed with him getting sick and passing. Some weeks after his funeral, I finally picked up the controller again and finished it off. I still felt hollow but it was a good distraction. When it was done, we both just kinda sat there for a moment. She cried some. We have two more boys since then, which does seem to dull the edge but its not gone. I dunno, I always associate certain games with times in my life and that one bridge some really good times to my absolute low as a human being.

Ocarina of time was college and that carefree wonderment. WoW was finding my place in my 20's. Even now Elden Ring was the first game I let my four year watch sometimes (dad of the year here...) but he got into watching me take on the bad guys but he got scared shitless by the draconic tree sentinel.

To this day, my wife cannot watch any of the Back to the Future movies because that is what she watched during labor of our first and it brings back a lot of emotions. I wonder how I'll feel when I get this....

• 12Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 16 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This might be a hard game for me looking back on BotW....

I was playing BotW when my wife was pregnant with our first son. It was fun. She'd watch and we'd chat about the future. But I had to stop somewhat after his birth then we had the nightmare the followed with him getting sick and passing. Some weeks after his funeral, I finally picked up the controller again and finished it off. I still felt hollow but it was a good distraction. When it was done, we both just kinda sat there for a moment. She cried some. We have two more boys since then, which does seem to dull the edge but its not gone. I dunno, I always associate certain games with times in my life and that one bridge some really good times to my absolute low as a human being.

Ocarina of time was college and that carefree wonderment. WoW was finding my place in my 20's. Even now Elden Ring was the first game I let my four year watch sometimes (dad of the year here...) but he got into watching me take on the bad guys but he got scared shitless by the draconic tree sentinel.

To this day, my wife cannot watch any of the Back to the Future movies because that is what she watched during labor of our first and it brings back a lot of emotions. I wonder how I'll feel when I get this....

Just think of the kids you do have and appreciate them more.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Washed out graphics is a switch feature. It looks like shit even on really nice TVs.

Yep, one of the reasons I just don't like Switch visuals.

It's basically stuck in 2014 (Wii U) level visuals. Similar to how Wii's visuals were pretty much the same as Gamecube's with added system innovations. I guess the Switch 2 or whatever is next will finally move the visuals forward if we're lucky.

And besides being 2014 visuals, everything is so washed-out stylistically on the Switch that in 2014 games looked better than this. When it comes down to it, it really is like playing something from 2008.

I've said it before, if Switch didn't have the portability function I'd probably just put mine away in a closet because it's so inferior to the PS5. And I say this as a Nintendo fanboy, too.

• 1Seriously?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yep, one of the reasons I just don't like Switch visuals.

It's basically stuck in 2014 (Wii U) level visuals. Similar to how Wii's visuals were pretty much the same as Gamecube's with added system innovations. I guess the Switch 2 or whatever is next will finally move the visuals forward if we're lucky.

And besides being 2014 visuals, everything is so washed-out stylistically on the Switch that in 2014 games looked better than this. When it comes down to it, it really is like playing something from 2008.

I've said it before, if Switch didn't have the portability function I'd probably just put mine away in a closet because it's so inferior to the PS5. And I say this as a Nintendo fanboy, too.
Have they said anything about a Switch 2? I have paid almost zero attention cause Nintendo only has a handful of games I ever want to play every 5 years or so.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Have they said anything about a Switch 2? I have paid almost zero attention cause Nintendo only has a handful of games I ever want to play every 5 years or so.

No news yet. Switch still sells well so no point in them announcing it early.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Naw. I'm the same way. While PS4 and PS5 were both day-one buys for me, the last 5 Nintendo systems were all things I bought 1-3 years after they launched when they had a couple of exclusives I had to play.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
They're also faggots about not discounting their years old games. Fuck Nintendo

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Can’t even imagine playing this on that pos system, after playing Elden ring. Wish nintendo would go bankrupt and license the games

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I don't want Nintendo to go bankrupt cause I grew up with them, but I sure do want to see their games at least be available on more systems. Don't think it'd even be the death knell for Nintendo's hardware. If a game like TOTK has a PS5 version, that's just more revenue for Nintendo, right? And people would still get the Switch version if they value portability. We'd just have more choices: Better visuals, or portability. So like it already is with a lot of games, except things like Metroid Prime and Zelda would no longer be trapped on the island of bad graphics.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The only reason to do it would be to benefit their customers.

So they'll never do it.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users