Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The quick way is to use the quick inventory to drop stuff. Which is only slightly better.

Quick material inventory is the up direction on the d pad.
Why isn’t one of those buttons while in quick inventory “attach to weapon”?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why indeed.

Weapon fusing and cooking are both unnecessarily tedious.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I've been watching my wife play this some and the fact you have to drop those items to fuse seems like such a mind-boggling design choice. Is there any player who thinks that is good, I have to wonder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
One thing I never know about these games, should I be selling all my opals and rubies and stuff or do I really need to save them for something later down the line?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just sell shit when I need rupees. BOTW and this game are peculiar compared to other Zelda games in that you don't really get rupees from vases and other dumb shit. You only get them from selling stuff or quests really.

• 2Like

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I just sell shit when I need rupees. BOTW and this game are peculiar compared to other Zelda games in that you don't really get rupees from vases and other dumb shit. You only get them from selling stuff or quests really.
I got my $$$ from abusing the snowball toss game in BOTW.
Cause fuck'em, that's why

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
One thing I never know about these games, should I be selling all my opals and rubies and stuff or do I really need to save them for something later down the line?

The only thing I would not sell is luminous ore and maybe diamonds. Sell monster parts, bugs, cooked food, rubies, topaz etc. Everything else is super common and easily farmable for when you will actually need them for upgrading armor or whatever.

• 2Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Only thing I needed to buy so far was that 700 Rubies chest piece for hot weather fire protection. I didn't even bother with the cold protection gear - Spicey Peppers are everywhere and I am always plenty stocked in resist food.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I bought the clothes in the first area because I didn't feel like running around in a loin cloth until I came across something else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Maybe they should go the Judge Dredd route with weapons where you just keep adding "upgrades" and when you need the fire Mod you just say "Fire Rounds". heh

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its one of Nintendo's "things" these days, to add unnecessarily tedious tasks or middle steps to extend the play time of their games.

• 5Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 5 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Maybe they should go the Judge Dredd route with weapons where you just keep adding "upgrades" and when you need the fire Mod you just say "Fire Rounds". heh
Bro, have you heard? There's a new Dredd movie coming out in 2024! You should check the movie house for details...

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Worf

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm at like 40-50 hours. Entire top map opened, almost all of the underground, found 11 different armor sets so far (well pieces, only completed a few of them), unlocked a couple of temples but didn't start them, 60 some odd shrines, 4 full batteries and first greater fairy.

And I still have 100-200 hours to go at this rate more if I continue to not spoil.

It's like Elden Ring, but Zelda.

• 6Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 6 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I'm at like 40-50 hours. Entire top map opened, almost all of the underground, found 11 different armor sets so far (well pieces, only completed a few of them), unlocked a couple of temples but didn't start them, 60 some odd shrines, 4 full batteries and first greater fairy.

And I still have 100-200 hours to go at this rate more if I continue to not spoil.

It's like Elden Ring, but Zelda.

Without spoiling wtf is a GREATER fairy?

Also, how do you upgrade the battery?

Am around 60 shrines as well too but only have the surface area fully uncovered, didnt do too much in the sky and little in the underground, also. There's just so much to-do and I feel like I missed a ton already, didnt even get the shrine locator / travel medallion until shrine 50+.

Hardest thing so far was the shrine with robo vacuum things and spike strips with like 12+ enemies you have to kill. Took way too many tries to admit, but I got it!

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Haven't picked this up yet and haven't read much about it, but how do they explain why you lose all your shit from BotW? If y'all are talking about elemental resist sets, yeah you get those already if you played botw.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Haven't picked this up yet and haven't read much about it, but how do they explain why you lose all your shit from BotW? If y'all are talking about elemental resist sets, yeah you get those already if you played botw.

Link losing all his shit happens in like the first 10 minutes.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>

Because they decided to use the below run as canon for the lore :p

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Without spoiling wtf is a GREATER fairy?

Also, how do you upgrade the battery?

Am around 60 shrines as well too but only have the surface area fully uncovered, didnt do too much in the sky and little in the underground, also. There's just so much to-do and I feel like I missed a ton already, didnt even get the shrine locator / travel medallion until shrine 50+.

Hardest thing so far was the shrine with robo vacuum things and spike strips with like 12+ enemies you have to kill. Took way too many tries to admit, but I got it!

For fairies. Become a reporter.

Hint:
Near Rito Village - Talk to NPCs at news HQ.

Go to woodland stables. Talk to NPCs.

Hint:
Haul them to greater fairy.

When you do that it'll point you to the rest.

Just finished second fairy and it's kind of a pita to find the NPCs. All of the fairies follow the same type of quests.

Battery upgrades come from killing crap underground.

Hint:
Killing monsters drop small amounts, bigger monsters usually drop 20. 100 per charge to upgrade. Easiest NPC construct to upgrade is the construct right outside Lookout Landing. As you explore the underworld you can unlock constructs to make them as well to buy with your zonanite.

I wouldn't stress about missing things as almost anything you do will give some char growth. Ive got dozens of side quests I've not even touched. Can clean up when you're ready to spoil or after you beat the story imo.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Story thing happens at the end of the little story intro…you lose all your stamina, hearts, inventory…food, clothes, weapons, bombs, mangnesis, divine abilities, glider…everything. You just start like it’s the beginning of botw.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Went down the Hyrule Castle abyss with 6 hearts and peasant armor, wow that escalted quickly, had to teleport out.

Last edited:
  • 2Like