Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I feel like the game might be more fun to cheat a little (e.g. find that pre-made build template power; find all the resistant clothing sets) and then go from there.

You consider earning things in game through exploration to be a form of pseudo cheating? It's open world man you can go and do that stuff.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Man I just wasted nearly two hours.

Semi spoilers.

Was exploring and found the last fight before Ganon on accident. It is an epic and long as fuck battle to unlock it and when it kept going I looked up the specifics to see what the fuck was going on. Got all the way to the end and stopped so I wouldn't beat it yet. 10 hearts, no temple abilities and middling weapons made it about as souls like as it gets. At least I've seen all the temple bosses now <_<.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I thought I read you can semi-repair weapons by re-fusing them. But this doesn't work as it tells you it's already fused?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Yes, repair as in if you fuse it it drastically increases its durability. Its still going to break though and you can only fuse it one time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You repair stuff by letting a rock octopus mob suck it in and spit it back out. Throw almost broken stuff on the ground in front of them and run away, it’ll suck it in, repair and upgrade it, then spit it back at you. Then kill him so he resets on the next bloodmoon to do it again.

• 2Like
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Blown
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, that's how I'm starting to feel. The game is tedious.

This was my big issue with Pokemon Legends: Arceus. It had a ludicrous amount of padding. So when I (frequently) see people calling it the best Pokemon game ever, I kind of shake my head.

Nintendo is definitely doing things wrong and needs to release cutting edge hardware to compete with Sony and Microsoft vs doing their own thing. Look how poorly it is working out for them.

I don't think anyone is saying that Nintendo is doing badly. What people are saying is that they could be doing better if they either A) Released some games cross-platform on PS5 to make more money or B) Made a system that has actually decent visuals compared to other modern systems. The 4K emulated version of this game looks like a system-seller to me; the base game doesn't.

I'd love to see this on a "real" system, but since that isn't an option, I'll eventually buy it (to not be a dingus) and then emulate it instead of playing it on the Switch. The visual difference is night and day.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You repair stuff by letting a rock octopus mob suck it in and spit it back out. Throw almost broken stuff on the ground in front of them and run away, it’ll suck it in, repair and upgrade it, then spit it back at you. Then kill him so he resets on the next bloodmoon to do it again.

Yeah or you just do the weapon dupe glitch that survived the patch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
I thought I read you can semi-repair weapons by re-fusing them. But this doesn't work as it tells you it's already fused?

you can unfuse a weapon by selecting it in inventory and remove fused item, but it will destroy the fused item but keep the base weapon, which you can add a tiny bit of durability by fusing again.

I find it easiest just not to care too much, i am pretty much destroying weapons every fight and then pick up a new one, fuse it with anything laying around, rinse and repeat. There are mods on emulators to turn off durability if its REALLY bugging you

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They should have named this Zeldan Ring.

Is this game really a lot closer to ER than BOTW was?

I saw ER as a better BOTW personally. Similar games (to an extent) but ER was like the Super Saiyan version. If this game moves things closer to ER that can only be a good thing for me.

At the very least I assume they learned a lot from ER design-wise and incorporated elements of it. Lifting ideas from uber-successful games is normal in this industry and if you can innovate on them, even better.

If this is ER but a bit easier, then that'll probably be right up my alley. Though ER's difficulty never bothered me and I think it's part of the point (i.e. if you can persevere in ER, you come away with more confidence in the real world...plus it isn't actually that hard)

So yeah, if this is really Elden Ring + Zelda then that's awesome and I'd probably play it sooner.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is this game really a lot closer to ER than BOTW was?

I saw ER as a better BOTW personally. Similar games (to an extent) but ER was like the Super Saiyan version. If this game moves things closer to ER that can only be a good thing for me.

At the very least I assume they learned a lot from ER design-wise and incorporated elements of it. Lifting ideas from uber-successful games is normal in this industry and if you can innovate on them, even better.

If this is ER but a bit easier, then that'll probably be right up my alley. Though ER's difficulty never bothered me and I think it's part of the point (i.e. if you can persevere in ER, you come away with more confidence in the real world...plus it isn't actually that hard)

So yeah, if this is really Elden Ring + Zelda then that's awesome and I'd probably play it sooner.
Well I was just joking and playing with the words.

Adding in different layers of maps, one with poison swamp type shit on the ground, did help it move more towards the elden ring direction, but they’re still very different games. The trash mobs are harder than BOTW but you have more ways to overcome them with the fusing of weapons. It feels like there is a lot more shit hiding in nooks and crannies, and in the sky than BOTW. It’s very much just a step up from BOTW more than it moves towards ER.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It definitely has the same element of exploration and discovery as Elden Ring. As well as being a lot more dangerous than BOTW was. But it's just way less tense cuz it's Zelda. Combat isn't as good as elden ring either.

So what do I do with the things from those weird white bat monsters I find in caves? I have like 15 of them now. Will I come across whatever creepy dude whose into feet who wants them naturally?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
But in Elden Rings favor, BotW doesn't have classes and respective builds for them. You're Link and all Links are the same beyond what kind of stuff you fuse together to use. Not sure if the combat in BotW is as varied as ER either.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
But in Elden Rings favor, BotW doesn't have classes and respective builds for them. You're Link and all Links are the same beyond what kind of stuff you fuse together to use. Not sure if the combat in BotW is as varied as ER either.
Considering all the weird shit you can do with the game physics, building vehicles and mechs, using items creatively it may not have classes but you can certainly do interesting stuff.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Someone already found a way to glitch the prologue master sword into the full world, 30 dmg and unbreakable if anyone sees the durability as then only reason they don't want to play, just an in-game glitch.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Considering all the weird shit you can do with the game physics, building vehicles and mechs, using items creatively it may not have classes but you can certainly do interesting stuff.
Yeah but not everyone has the time and patience to play with legos. Elden Ring I can easily look up a guide for a build, restat, boom done. I'm definitely not going to look up "How to build Optimus Prime" in Tears.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Yeah but not everyone has the time and patience to play with legos. Elden Ring I can easily look up a guide for a build, restat, boom done. I'm definitely not going to look up "How to build Optimus Prime" in Tears.
But what about Flaming Penis Optimus Prime??

• 4Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users