Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Chris

Potato del Grande
Reminds me of Final Fantasy 8 which a bunch of people hate because they brute force draw 99x3 of each spell then don't use magic, but you can complete the game without using draw and it's time and fun optimal to get magic by refining monster drops.

Like... if you don't like the menus then stop making bespoke arrows in combat or stupid weapons, fuse a construct part to something and use regular weapons. Go find autobuild and reuse saved builds.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some people insist in playing games in "optimal" ways that make them miserable, everything is optional, stop doing shit you dislike.
I’m definitely not one of those people. My son is constantly attaching shit which I’ve said makes it hard to watch because I wish he’d just play. There is still a lot of menuing when not playing ‘optimally’. Switch to ascend, switch to Lego hand, switch to fuse, etc. go to menu to eat food, go to menu to gather food to cook, go to menu to throw zonai shit in a tube. Fast menu to switch weapons when they break after 5 swings, etc etc.

The not optional shit is still tedious as fuck. I avoid all the extra ‘fun’ optional stuff because it’s even more fucking menus.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
I’m definitely not one of those people. My son is constantly attaching shit which I’ve said makes it hard to watch because I wish he’d just play. There is still a lot of menuing when not playing ‘optimally’. Switch to ascend, switch to Lego hand, switch to fuse, etc. go to menu to eat food, go to menu to gather food to cook, go to menu to throw zonai shit in a tube. Fast menu to switch weapons when they break after 5 swings, etc etc.

The not optional shit is still tedious as fuck. I avoid all the extra ‘fun’ optional stuff because it’s even more fucking menus.
How often are you doing multiple things in a row like that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
How often are you doing multiple things in a row like that?
I didn’t say it was all in a row.

The amount of going to the menus is just excessive as hell. I’ve never played a game that requires as much menuing as this.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This is an MMO forum, isn't tedium supposed to be what gets us off?

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This is an MMO forum, isn't tedium supposed to be what gets us off?

If you didn't do the entire Coldain Prayer Shawl questline through manual tradeskill combines you're just a pussy IMO.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I didn’t say it was all in a row.

The amount of going to the menus is just excessive as hell. I’ve never played a game that requires as much menuing as this.
The game should've been made for a PC where you have an entire keyboard's worth of keys at your disposal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm clocked at like 110 hours. Did around 100 shrines, all the temples, main quests, majority of underground exploration and probably 3 dozen or so side quests/adventures. Probably just bang out Ganon and complete the game this weekend and then just finish the myriad of side quests whenever time permits.

Definitely enjoyed it more than BoTW. Menus, armor upgrade costs and non dura weapons breaking too quickly definitely the biggest complaints. Didn't dupe but I probably will this weekend to get all the armor sets I've found to at least second upgrade.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah have to agree with this. I did the 1st 2 dungeons and some shrines and then started just having fun and not rushing to the end. Housing, saved a city and rebuilt it, fairies are unlocked, might start downward and go into the underground and explore - just fun shit to do everywhere. It isn't tedious anymore when one just forgets getting to the end to complete the game and just has fun playing the game.
I have barely tackled underground its going to be like a whole new game when I finally get down there.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
After finishing the desert boss I definitely wish the other temple fights were more like that one. Pretty good.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
After finishing the desert boss I definitely wish the other temple fights were more like that one. Pretty good.
Thats a shame to hear, only did wind and then lightning so far, I thought both were pretty fun boss fights, sounds like I picked the best of them first.

Around 90 ground and 12 sky shrines so far, TONS of side quests to go, have water temple unlocked and am gonna do the fire temple quests when I get home from visiting my parents. It really is fun just hopping on with no goals and roaming around, I think I have more fun that way.

• 1Solidarity

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Exploring the underground gives me Dark Souls vibes, with the poisonous gloom areas and weird creatures and the creepy atmosphere.

Nintendo was inspired by Skyrim for Breath of the Wild, but I definitely find a little FromSoft inspiration in this one.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Exploring the underground gives me Dark Souls vibes, with the poisonous gloom areas and weird creatures and the creepy atmosphere.

Nintendo was inspired by Skyrim for Breath of the Wild, but I definitely find a little FromSoft inspiration in this one.

Hell yeah, I was hoping they'd draw some Fromsoft for this one. Souls atmosphere would fit the Zelda world really well in some places. Twilight Princess was kind of a half-hearted attempt at giving us a dark Zelda game so it's still something I'd like to see.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What the fuck? It's by far the worst one.
Nah, it at least was more puzzle based. But still wasn’t great, none of them were.

Also, fully upgraded armor pretty much trivializes combat. Doing the gloom lynel underneath hyrule castle with level 1 and 2 armor was fun, now with all 4* armor it’s basically trivial.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nah, it at least was more puzzle based. But still wasn’t great, none of them were.

Also, fully upgraded armor pretty much trivializes combat. Doing the gloom lynel underneath hyrule castle with level 1 and 2 armor was fun, now with all 4* armor it’s basically trivial.
Sounds like game of the year

• 1Worf