Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
For you boys that are already playing this: are weapons still made out of paper mache?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
For you boys that are already playing this: are weapons still made out of paper mache?

It's funny how polarizing this is. When it comes to weapon durability, people either hate it so much they refuse to play, or they ignore it completely and think the other people are crazy.

I never made it past the little tutorial area once I saw how fast weapons broke in the last one.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did you not watch the gameplay trailer? Seems like you can reset weapon durability by combining them with another weapon.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Man it’s crazy how angry people on both sides of the Nintendo love/hate isle get.

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
The durability is basically the same as part I. Yes, if you have a wooden stick and combine it with another wooden stick you get a few points back. That doesn't help with really good weapons, shields and bows though as far as I have seen by now.
Best emu play is Yuzu + V3.2a "Yuzufix" fix + patched yuzu.exe (google it, some R/yuzupirate threads point the way) at the moment.

Last edited:
  • 1Dislike

Chris

Potato del Grande
FYI to the people complaining about the price, the resale price also stays high. I bought my Switch by trading in all my Gameboy, Wii and Wii U games and had loads left over.

Pokemon in particular is high demand and I'm pretty sure I sold them for more than I bought them for.

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is the master sword even in this game? This is a direct sequal to botw right? Shouldn't Link start with it? Does it still have the battery life of a game gear?

I might could stomach the shitty weapon system if I knew at least the MS could be upgraded or made to be permanent. In BOTW when I found it I prioritized getting it assuming it wouldn't break, but boy was I wrong.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
FYI to the people complaining about the price, the resale price also stays high. I bought my Switch by trading in all my Gameboy, Wii and Wii U games and had loads left over.

Pokemon in particular is high demand and I'm pretty sure I sold them for more than I bought them for.
My gripe, and probably others gripe about the price isnt directly related to the game. Its related to the fact that they wont port major games to the PC and we're just now getting rumors about the Switch 2. Which indirectly means its probably at least another year out. I own every single console Nintendo has made since the NES 8 Bit (even the GBA and its gaggle fuck of accessories.) Then, Ive got all the Zelda shit up to BOTW on all those consoles, most of the Metroid shit, and most of the Mario shit (including things like Smash Bros). So I wouldnt say I download the Roms only or have any hate for Nintendo.

There is no question Ill buy it and play it the first time through on the Switch. Its just I sorely wish that they would release PC Ports so I can enjoy the games that much more. BOTW on the 3090 I had at the time, was fucking beautiful with RTX / 4k etc. So Im looking forward to seeing what this Zelda looks like with a 4090 after it gets a ton of mods on it. For these Zelda games to be as basic as they are, they are just gorgeous with the right tweaks.

• 1Like

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
This zelda better have some legit dungeons unlike BoTW. I couldn't care less about open world design, I just want some OG zelda experience with a few twists. Elden ring did it right, the open world design was whatever (unnecessary imo), but the game still had everything that makes soul-type games good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
This zelda better have some legit dungeons unlike BoTW. I couldn't care less about open world design, I just want some OG zelda experience with a few twists. Elden ring did it right, the open world design was whatever (unnecessary imo), but the game still had everything that makes soul-type games good.
Apparently there are 5ish dungeons?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The botw divine beast dungeons were cool. The shrines…meh

• 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
The botw divine beast dungeons were cool. The shrines…meh
Divine beasts were ok, but considering they were the dungeons for BoTW they were sorely lacking. I really missed full fledged dungeons we had grown accustomed to in Zelda games. The shrines were gimicky and boring, I agree with you there. I haven’t read much about TotK, are there shrines again? I’m already on the fence about buying just because the stupid weapon durability is in the game again.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
I can't believe they are sticking with weapon durability despite the unanimous negative reception it received in BoTW. Did it affect gameplay in any important way? I just remember it being an annoyance.

• 1Solidarity

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I can't believe they are sticking with weapon durability despite the unanimous negative reception it received in BoTW. Did it affect gameplay in any important way? I just remember it being an annoyance.
For whatever reason, it made me afraid to use any “good” weapons I found and really diminished my enjoyment of discovering a new weapon as I knew I’d “waste” it if I used it. It’s dumb, I know, but it really sucked a lot of the enjoyment out of BotW for me. I don’t know why they are sticking with it. It was never in any of the other Zelda games and nothing would really change if it magically disappeared from BotW. It should at least be an option you can toggle or something.

Edit: release a DLC that does nothing but make durability something you can turn off and I’ll gladly pay $10-20 for it.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
While I love BOTW the weapon system was definitely one of the worse parts about it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
I never played past the first hour or so of BOTW because of the durability situation. It has a direct analog to the pile of 'consumables' I finish every RPG with. I do not like using one-time resources in a game like this. The Horizon series did it the absolute best -- you needed to craft the ammo but you could do it 'on the fly' and the materials necessary were readily obtained. It struck the perfect balance between renewable and expendable.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Only thing that 'saved' (sort of, I still never finished it or bothered with the DLC) BotW for me was Amiibos. I only played a few hours at a time at most so the daily weapons you could get were enough to offset the vast majority of durability issues. Looks like TotK has similar Amiibo support; 26 of them in total now including a new one that releases on Friday along with the game. Get your NFC tags ready....

Nintendo hasn't talked much about what exactly you can get this time around besides 5 skins for Link's glider, but the randomized stuff will probably be the same as before. Epona has been confirmed too, but the wolf is apparently out (which is fine, because it was useless at 3 hearts and ridiculously OP at 20).