Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
They should’ve had missions in botw to upgrade the master sword like they did in link to the past. Giving it more durability with each upgrade.

• 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
While the durability system didn't bother me that much because the only 'good' weapons in BOTW were the guardian glowy weapons IMO, I do understand that it runs completely counter to the 'collector' nature of most gamers.

Hell, in this one it might make weapons completely superfluous with all the contraptions you can make. Sword?? I'm running that guy over with my tree tank!

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I bought this game so long ago, it still says "Breath of the Wild 2" on my order. I am a little concerned that it won't show up this Friday even though it says it will.
Order001.jpg

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Same Amazon hasn't failed me yet and the driver usually gets here in the AM.

OR ELSE.

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Amazon comes in the late afternoon for me which is fine this time because I have to go into the office on Friday

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Denjoy

Molten Core Raider
Didn't see this mentioned but in case anyone didn't know, it is possible to turn off durability in Cemu.
Screenshot 2023-05-10 223059.png

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

spronk

FPS noob
No surprise

played 2 hours last night on yuzu on my PC, ran great did 3 shrines no issues other than some FPS drops when textures had to be compiled which is apparently a known bug that should be fixed fairly soon. and yeah there are already tons of cheats on emu version like removing durability on everything or specific weapons.

It is weird jumping between Jedi Survivor on PS5 and this, the visual differences are quite stark lol

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Yea, that doesn't bother me. Zelda has always seemed to be more of a relaxing game to me than an "exciting" one. It just bugs me that the graphics aren't directed more towards a vibrant aesthetic.

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Game looks fantastic. (Gameplay wise) and unique fun dungeons and engineering possibilities. I would give my left nut to see this at 4k60. However, at least they are leveraging the trade off with gameplay elements on the compute side of things they have to work with vs what would be a losing battle on the switch's graphical capabilities anyhow.

But it begs the question: What if we had the gameplay elements of Nintendo First party with what we see here tagged with 1st party Sony development talent (Technical) from a graphical and sound perspective on a powerful platform.

Closest thing we have is From Software at the moment.

• 2Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Biggest thing I got from this is that the Underdark is stunningly massive and interesting.

Cons are as expected cooking system is still annoying, weapon fusing is awesome but tedious like cooking is. The traditional inspired Zelda dungeons still don't quite hit the mark.

• 2Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Welp....

Dusted off the Switch. Updated firmware, updated controllers, made sure the dock still works, charging my Switch Pro Controller - downloading Zelda.

FYI. They have a deal where if you buy 99 nintendo game bucks on the switch E-Shop and buy Zelda digital with it you will get Zelda for $39.99.....

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
FYI. They have a deal where if you buy 99 nintendo game bucks on the switch E-Shop and buy Zelda digital with it you will get Zelda for $39.99.....
Where did you see that? That'd be an even better deal than the vouchers, especially if it doesn't require Nintendo Online (which you have to subscribe to to buy vouchers). Even better than hitting the Keep button on GameFly ($39, but uses up both a -25% and a -$5 coupon) for that matter.

Last edited:

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I bought a $100 gift card for $80 from Costco online and used it to purchase the vouchers.

Got Xenoblade 3 which is a great game and series and Zelda.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, the vouchers themselves are a good deal especially with an additional giftcard deal like that one or the one Eneba had a few days ago, but Nintendo Online is a complete waste of money to me.

Last edited:
  • 1Like