Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Game is really fun. Graphics aren’t bothering me probably because the game I played just before this was Axiom Verge 2 so this is like mind blowing difference!

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I'm having a blast.

Would I like high end graphics? Sure, but not at the expense of game play and Nintendo polish

Really isn't bothering me at all.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
My attitude towards Tears, on a technical level, is sort of like Elden Ring on a base PS4. I was incredibly impressed they were pulling it off on such old hardware. So, if you frame it like that, it's pretty good!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Ok this lightning mechanic can fuck off. What do you do? Just sit under a roof and do Jack shit for two to three hours game time?

Siliconemelons

Getting strong skyward sword feeling with some feeling of twilight realm.

I am only like 10min in haha

Also, should have just had it been wind waker ending not something new imo at the intro there

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ok this lightning mechanic can fuck off. What do you do? Just sit under a roof and do Jack shit for two to three hours game time?
Unequip your metal armor and weapons like the first game or is this something new?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nerd. You use wood stuff so lightning doesn't rape you like in the first game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siliconemelons

In before some moron jumps off of some stupidly High thing into a pool and dies and their family blames Zelda

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have put in like 16 hours and have done almost no story progression beyond getting the glider and yeeting off into the world.

Do wish the melee inventory was like 2-3 slots bigger to start and cooking is still a bland chore, but those are my only minor complaints so far. Really enjoying the new systems.

Was a nice surprise to
get our old horses from BOTW save.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Dodge it.

FFRK_Thunder_Plains_FFX.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I really, really want to like this game. I felt the same about BOTW and could never get into it. Made it to the end of the first beast.

Bought it today and have just finished the great island and made it to the surface. Right now it’s just feeling like just like BOTW for me.

I’m sure I’ll be in the minority but I don’t enjoy the gimmicky abilities like fuse & great hand building.

Maybe I'm just getting old but the older Zelda games always felt more magical. Even when I replay them now. Skyward sword was the only other game I couldn’t get into.

Going to dedicate my game time to this for a week and hope I get into it.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
IMO the music sucks balls in this. A Link to the Past for me was the pinnacle of Zelda as a complete package.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I really, really want to like this game. I felt the same about BOTW and could never get into it. Made it to the end of the first beast.

Bought it today and have just finished the great island and made it to the surface. Right now it’s just feeling like just like BOTW for me.

I’m sure I’ll be in the minority but I don’t enjoy the gimmicky abilities like fuse & great hand building.

Maybe I'm just getting old but the older Zelda games always felt more magical. Even when I replay them now. Skyward sword was the only other game I couldn’t get into.

Going to dedicate my game time to this for a week and hope I get into it.
Thankfully I am still enjoying it but I totally get it.

If you collect some of the monster parts that boost attack power(horns and tails?), try fusing them to all of your carried weaps for huge boosts to dmg (18+) and also durability. Once you find a few koroks theres a npc in the lookout area you can trade seeds for more weap/shield/bow equip slots. (Same as the first game I think but its been a while)

This way at least you can focus a lot more on just exploring and questing instead of enemies taking 10+ hits and breaking 2 or 3 weaps per fight.

I'm not very far in the main story, but I have found 40+ shrines and finished the wind dungeon, and supposedly every dungeon you complete upgrades the enemies you face.

Overall, if you end up getting into this game, you would probably start to like BOTW as well, but if a week doesn't do it for ya, you probably won't ever get into it.